PDA

View Full Version : Please Delete

doodthedud
2009-07-09, 11:12 PM
My guess is:

The IFCC wants all the gates to be destroyed. They mentioned that it's 'technically true' that they will be bringing down good gods and with the destruction of the gates they might be able to unleash the snarl on their own terms to have it hunt down the good gods, bringing power to all Fiends, Demons, and Devils as the evil gods reign.

EDIT: Sorry, I posted this on the relevant thread. I hadn't known it existed. Could a moderator please delete this thread?

Corwin Weber
2009-07-09, 11:34 PM
My guess is:

The IFCC wants all the gates to be destroyed. They mentioned that it's 'technically true' that they will be bringing down good gods and with the destruction of the gates they might be able to unleash the snarl on their own terms to have it hunt down the good gods, bringing power to all Fiends, Demons, and Devils as the evil gods reign.

Doubtful. They aren't stupid. They can't control it and they most likely know it. Additionally, the release of an entity of pure malicious chaos may seem like a great idea from a demonic perspective, but it's marginal from a daemonic perspective and as far as the devils are concerned? A horrible idea. Releasing the Snarl, even under their marginal control, would screw things up for the devils and would mess up the stated goal of uniting the fiends. (Which I suspect they actually were being truthful about. They told V the truth, just not the whole truth. They weren't lying about wanting to unite the fiends, they just weren't telling V about the strings attached.)

I still suspect that they want the gates left intact, and for knowledge of the gates to spread. Think about it. Every two bit villain from every backwater plane will want to control them, and will want to come to the OOtSplane to try. That gives the IFCC opportunity after opportunity after opportunity after opportunity.... much more useful than a potential godkilling superweapon that would most likely be too dangerous for them to use even if they could figure out how.... and that would seriously freak out some of their allies. (Remember, the evil gods are working with them.... how do you think they'd react to the Snarl?)

** edit **

Response cut and pasted.... I can repost in the appropriate thread if this one gets deleted. No problem.