PDA

View Full Version : Undermountain? New Party? Meetings?

Madra Rua
2009-07-09, 11:33 PM
Ok, Im having just a bit of a problem with the next campaign. Its based in Undermountain(doing the actual storyline, as long as they dont screw me over) and its my first solo DM campaign. One of my players is asking for more RP in this game than normal. Im fine with this, except for one small problem. The only way that I can think of to get the whole party together is by the original text from the book itself. It goes along these lines, "Any character owning a magical item of at least +1, a background in the arcane, or any of a number of magical items in a list below will see this vision that will push them to go exploring in the Undermountain..."
I see this as a problem because I know that not all characters(especially not level 1 PC's) will be carrying around that strong of weapons. Items on the list include any items that give a bonus to an attribute, certain wands, or certain other magical items (rod of ropes, etc.). Most classes, other than arcane spellcasters, wont have any magical items on them at all. Any ideas to solve this problem?

LordZarth
2009-07-09, 11:37 PM
Well, you're the DM. Give them all the vision, regardless of the magical items thing.

Owrtho
2009-07-09, 11:59 PM
You could also have some of them know each other before hand and just gonig along to help their friend who had a vision. Could also have some of them just be travelers the met on the way there.

Owrtho