PDA

View Full Version : Something I Just Realized...

Lerky
2009-07-10, 01:39 AM
in On the Origin of PCs, Roy's father (and even Roy) say "It may be unlikely, but not outside the realm of possibility". That has always been a favored quote of mine, since it can be used in many real-life situations and sounds really cool. Well late at night I was watching the X-Files in my grandparents basement when Fox Mulder said that exact line!

I was wondering if anyone else noticed this, and other, obscure refrences. Or if it's just conicidence.:smalltongue:

Dark Faun
2009-07-10, 06:38 AM
Either is possible. Anyone can come up with this sentence but a reference is not outside the realm of possibility. :smalltongue:

And as vague as this quote is, you might want to spoiler it since it comes from one of the prequel books.

Belkster11
2009-07-10, 06:40 AM
in On the Origin of PCs, Roy's father (and even Roy) say "It may be unlikely, but not outside the realm of possibility". That has always been a favored quote of mine, since it can be used in many real-life situations and sounds really cool. Well late at night I was watching the X-Files in my grandparents basement when Fox Mulder said that exact line!

I was wondering if anyone else noticed this, and other, obscure refrences. Or if it's just conicidence.:smalltongue:

I don't think it's a coincidence. It's a phrase in the English language that people use in certian circumstances.

NerfTW
2009-07-10, 08:26 AM

That's one hell of a stretch there. Not to mention that's a pretty common phrase.

OITS
2009-07-10, 12:28 PM
Reading this will encourage everybody to buy OtootPCs. Well, at least me. No, I thought about it for a long time.
Does anybody know, if there is a shop in Austria where it is cheaper than bought via internet?^^

Liwen
2009-07-10, 12:39 PM
Actually, if you assemble everything about the prequel books that went unspoilered, both of them, and put them into one written script, you pretty much get the whole story together right there.

of course since that's a lot of work to do, people may still prefer to buy the prequels and read them, but every single major plot point is completely blown public by now.

PS : that sentence does sound pretty cool.

NerfTW
2009-07-10, 01:10 PM
I wouldn't consider Origin to really have much in the way of plot, but you still don't know the individual jokes. Same with SoD (albiet with plot). The words used and the humor are just as important as what happens.

SadisticFishing
2009-07-10, 01:11 PM
It makes you feel things for Xykon and Redcloak. Different things, but wow.

That last scene between the two.. holy crap.

OITS
2009-07-11, 11:59 AM
Only a fan would buy those books, and a fan would also buy them, if he knows what the story is - just to posess them.

Forbiddenwar
2009-07-11, 04:10 PM
It's one thing to read someone elses interpretation of events, like in the forum, and something else to see those events directly and develop your own interpretation.

Blackjackg
2009-07-11, 04:13 PM
Yeah, I'm afraid that's a pretty common turn of phrase. I use it all the time, and I never watched the X-Files (I've read Origin of PCs but, in support of the "common phrase" thing, it never occured to me that it might be a reference to anything).