PDA

View Full Version : mystic ranger

RagnaroksChosen
2009-07-10, 08:46 AM
So i was curious what every one here thought of the mystic ranger from dragon336 pg105?

Is it any good. obviously looks more for a ranged ranger.

Also baring playing a ranger or an archavist is there any way to get ranger spells on your spell list or is there any way besides homebrew to have your spell list as the ranger list?

Mr.Moron
2009-07-10, 08:57 AM
Prestige Ranger (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/prestigiousCharacterClasses.htm#prestigeRanger) will do it. If you're allowed to work with that.

RagnaroksChosen
2009-07-10, 09:04 AM
oops sorry no UA

Eldariel
2009-07-10, 10:12 AM
Stuff like Recaster, Unseen Seer and such can add spells from any list to your spell list. There are others I'm forgetting right now. But it's definitely doable, though harder for divine, than arcane characters (outside the said Archivist).

But yeah, Mystic Ranger is nice; I especially love it with Swift Hunter as that means I get my maximum level spells soon enough even with the Scout-dip. it also lends itself better to epic play as you need a lower number of Improved Spell Capacities to get Epic Spellcasting (though it's still no full caster). But yeah, for archers, Mystic Ranger is really good.