PDA

View Full Version : Keep on the Shadowfell review.

Lolzords
2009-07-10, 11:24 AM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/dndacc/217187400
Just finished this 5 day long campaign with my English teacher DMing and my mate Tim and also 5 other guys. Me and Tim were the only experienced players there and the other 5 were, well, idiots.

The characters:
Me: Kroot (homebrewed race worked out with my DM) Fighter --> Ended it as a level 2 Fighter/ Level 1 Cleric. Character was called Shaper.
Tim: Changling Rogue --> Ended it a level 3 rogue. Character was called Rook.
Dave: Halfling Cleric --> Ended it a level 2 cleric. Character was called Dave.
Anson:Elf Sorcerer --> Made it to the second to last room but got killed. Character was called person.
Aiden: Ork Barbarian --> Made it to the third to last room but got killed. Character was called Aiden.
Ashley: Ork Barbarian --> Ran off on his own on wednesday and got himself killed. Character was called Your Mum.
Ray: Human Fighter: Followed Ashley and got himself killed. Character was called Dipstick.

Your Mum and Dipstick's death was exceptionally hilarious, but I'll put it in spoilers so I don't spoil the monsters.

We got to the second room with a well in it (about halfway through the penultimate day) and Your Mum and Dipstick ran off down the south passage where the DM dropped hints that the passageway was completely spotless as opposed to the filth of the rest of the keep. They carried on and found a room with two sarcophaguses and they opened one without checking. They were attacked by a mummy kind of thing which knocked Dipstick out but Your Mum got a critical and killed it. Your Mum was about to help him up but a Gelatinous Cube came flopping down the hall. It was hiding in the hall that they didn't check and slid up whilst they fought the mummy. It sucked in the unconscious Dipstick and Your Mum hid in the sarcophagus. It pressed up against the door trying to get in and he suffocated.

Although the campaign was adapted for 3.5ed instead of 4th (Mr Williams doesn't have 4th) it was a lot of fun, had a satisfying climax and was not short on roleplay. I reccomend it for anyone who wants a roughly 25 hour long campaign.

kjones
2009-07-10, 11:39 AM
Although the campaign was adapted for 3.5ed instead of 4th (Mr Williams doesn't have 4th) it was a lot of fun, had a satisfying climax and was not short on roleplay. I reccomend it for anyone who wants a roughly 25 hour long campaign.

This is... kind of important. Most people who are playing this module will be playing it in 4th edition. I don't doubt that it could be adapted to 3rd edition, but you'd basically end up rewriting the whole thing - in which case, is it really the same module?

Tallis
2009-07-10, 11:39 AM
Wow, great names, your fellow players are very imaginative....:smallconfused:

Judging by how Your Mum died I'm guessing the DM thought they were idiots too?