PDA

View Full Version : Dark Heresy weapons questions

Elurindel
2009-07-10, 02:41 PM
Just got two things I need clarification on, weapons-wise:

1. Chimera Pistol Sword. In the Inquisitor's Handbook, it mentions it as being Primitive in one section, where its full weapon description is, yet it's not listed as Primitive in the summary at the back. Which one is correct?

2. The Duelling Las, from the Inquisitor's Handbook. It's basically a hotshot laspistol, but uses its own unique charges. Would it be able to swap these for hotshots too, further increasing its power? Personally I'd say no, as it makes half the bonuses the pistol gets redundant, and it's a one-shot pistol anyway, but I could be wrong.

PLUN
2009-07-11, 04:06 PM
1. This is a table problem that doesn't fall into the errata... personally i'd not judge a GM going either way. It's expensive enough to be a monosword. Personally, i'd go with it's origin section over any summary and keep it as Primitive, with nothing stopping it from being mono'ed at a later stage or on purchase.

2. The weapon's text description (at least in the reprint) specifies that it's ammunition is unique with it's own purchasing rules, and that an overcharge pack or hot shot charge cannot be applied.

Hope this helps, at least with the second one. The Emperor Protects!

Elurindel
2009-07-11, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I may have to consult GW, but it does seem kind of expensive to not be primitive, unless you take the one-shot Irontalon into account

PLUN
2009-07-11, 04:56 PM
You'd get more mileage out of consulting Fantasy Flight Games, who produce the end product. The Inquisitor's Handbook in particular is erratarific (did we say 6 shot disposable Grenade Launcher? Hahah, no, see, we meant one shot disposable Missile Launcher!), and it's more to add to the pile I guess.