PDA

View Full Version : The Sniper PrC [PEACH]

Demons_eye
2009-07-10, 07:47 PM
The Sniper

"Boom Head shot"

Alignment: Any

Hit Die: d8

The Snipers class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (All taken separately) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), and Use Rope (Dex).

Skill Points at Each Additional Level

6 + Int modifier (x4 for the first level)

Weapon and Armor Proficiency

A Sniper is proficient with all bows/gun, daggers and throwing weapons, and with light armor.

Requirements:

Hide: 11 ranks
Move silently: 11 ranks
Craft Bowmaking: 11 ranks

BaB: +8

Level|BaB|Fort|Reflex|Will|Class Features
1|1|2|2|0|Custom bow, Precise shot, Strange shot, Bow Builder+1
2|2|3|3|0|Hidden Sniper, Lager Bow+1, Quick to Act
3|3|3|3|1|Bow Builder+2,Wounding Shot
4|4|4|4|1|Lager bow+2, Lucky shot 3/day
5|5|4|4|1|Bow Builder+3, Deadly aim 1/day

Custom bow A snipers bow is custom for his use only. Its string maybe harder to pull back or it might be off by a few inches. If a none sniper trys to use your bow they suffer a 100% miss chance divided by level (A level 10 fighter would suffer a 50% miss chance) if a none sniper makes a Level check that is higher then the sniper that made the bow his miss chance is halved. A Sniper can use bows beside his own but most class features use his own bow. Making a custom bow takes 1 week to make per bonus it has. It cost 2 times the normal amount to make.

Precise shot You take aim with as you have learned over the years to do. You aim for kill point (head throat ect) and do more damage.

At the first level when in 30 feet of an enemy a Sniper may make a Precise shot. He takes a full round action to shoot once at an opponent. You gain a +1 to hit and do double damage with your custom bow. This damage does not apply to creatures immune to critical hits. This damage is multiplied when you score a critical hit.

At the 2nd level you forgo your extra attack for more of a Precise shot. You gain a +2 to hit and does triple the damage. This damage apply half to creatures immune to critical hits. This damage is multiplied when you score a critical hit. This ability only works when you are in 90 feet.

At the 3rd level you forgo your extra attacks for more of a Precise shot. Your opponent is flatfooted or and you get +3 to Hit. Your attack does four times the damage. It only does 3 times the damage to creatures immune to critical hits. This damage is multiplied when you score a critical hit. This ability only works when you are in 270 feet

At the 4th level you forgo all attacks but one for a more Precise shot. Your attack is considered a touch attack and you gain +5 to hit. You do five times the damage and only four times to creatures immune to critical hits. This damage is multiplied when you score a critical hit. This ability only works if you are in 810 feet.

Strange Shot You use your training to shot in a style that misleads an opponent. You may add your dex modifier to your damage.

Bow Builder+XWhen making your bow or tweaking it you can make a craft bowmaking check to mimic an enchantment such as Flaming or keen. This only mimics the magic and thus works in a AMF. The Bowmaking DC equals 20 plus 5 times the bonus. So a keen bow would be DC: 25

Hidden Sniper At the 2nd level you only suffer a -10 to hide check when "sniping". At the 4th you suffer no penalty.

Lagger Bow +X You can tweak your bow even more making the strings tighter and make the wood bend more. Your bow counts as one size bigger.

Quick to act You are quicker to act then most. You gain a +4 to Initiative.

Wounding Shot A Sniper when use Precise shot and forgo his extra damage. When doing this the target must make a fort or reflex save equal to 10+2 times Class level+dex

Wing shot: The arrow sticks into the enemy it takes 1Standard action to pull it out and doing so provokes an attack of opportunity. While the arrow is in the enemy they lose 4 dex and take 2d6 damage every turn. They can also only take a move or Standard action but not both.

Eye shot: You shoot an arrow with dust on it made of ground glass. If you hit the enemy they are blinded for 1d6, turns, +1 for every level in the sniper class.

Gut wound: You strike the enemy in the gut as he starts to bleed. They are wounded taking 1d6 damage till treated with a healing spell of the 3rd level or higher or healed with a heal check of 20.

Lucky shot Even a sniper need luck every once in a while. You can reroll any attack roll 3 times per day. you must do so before the DM tells you the outcome of the roll.

Deadly aim Once per day you can aim at an enemy for 3 rounds and shot and kill an enemy. If you aim at your enemy for 3 turns (such as the assassin ability) and hit they must make a fort save equal to 10+2 times Class level+Dex+ 1/4th the damage dealt.

So that took a while and I would like a break so if you do respond I will not be on for an hour to respond back.

Too powerful? To weak? I hoped the massive damage would balance with the only one attack but I dont know what you you guys think?

Ok reworked it as a PrC

Innis Cabal
2009-07-10, 08:02 PM
This seems better suited for a PrC role honestly. Nothing in this class is all to stellar. And the +2/+2 feats are...well crap. Its literally like giving them a throw away ability. Its just not going to be helpful.

Draken
2009-07-10, 08:23 PM
I know what Final Shot does. I know someone will nitpick it on the way it is written (heck, someone will nitpick on the way everything is written, because it is quit poorly written man), which demands people to basically rewrite it in their minds.

So I will nitpick by saying that the save DC is bad. It is all kinds of bad. It doesn't even have the base 10 DCs usually have. It also has daily uses. Very few at that. This supposedly insta-gib ability is officially worse than Death Attack. Which is a feat (not really, since feat is another class feautre).

Precise shot goes on giving a bonus for two levels and then suddenly it starts giving a penalty. What is that?

'Feat' should most likely say bonus feat. And for the choices granted, I will tell what that is. Pointless filler. If you wish to keep it, well. It is best to rewrite a full list of the avaiable feats. There aren't that many of them.

While I can easily understand what Precise Shot and Final Shot do. I have no idea what Bow Buyilder does. I believe it allows you to add some extra enchantments to your bow. But I am not sure.

Hidden sniper is ill explained. There are numerous abilities similar to it, and they all are vastly better fleshed out.

Quick to act gives a static bonus on the level it is gained. The bonus does not increase, thus there is no reason to place the numeric value on the ability.

There is an ability in the table called Master Sniper, but it is not explained in the list of class features.

There is a class feature in the list called Sniper Mastery, which is not listed on the table. But it is most likely in a lower level, probably 9° along with your first gain of Final Shot. Why do I think it is in such a low level? Because it is bad. It is almost like a nerfed third level spell, furtherly nerfed.

Strange Shot... Has a strange name. I see nothing strange about it. Well, except that it is a class feature and not a base mechanic. But that is WotC's fault.

Bigger Bow. What can I say about bigger bow? Thog doesn't like big bows. Bows are for sissies. Thog smash and slash with greataxe. Yeah, that about sums my opinion. Scratch that. Let me try again. Not only is the name poorly chosen (Bigger? Please. At least use larger, it is only sensible), it is also pretty much useless.

Demons_eye
2009-07-10, 08:33 PM
Ya now that I look at it, it does seem bad. I will rework in in a bit.