PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind Mods

Dhavaer
2009-07-11, 05:20 AM
Any recommendations? I'm using Better Bodies and Better Clothes at the moment. Is there anything that improves faces the same way? I thought Better Bodies did, but it doesn't seem to.

Tafkan
2009-07-11, 06:13 AM
Since you already have BB and BC, I'm assuming you want something that changes how NPCs look as well? Might try Better Heads then:
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=2735

Replaces the heads for NPCs with (apparently) similar ones and also lets you choose them from character creation menu.

endoperez
2009-07-11, 08:38 AM
Galsiah's Character Development (http://uk.geocities.com/galsiah/), or GCD, makes the skills/leveling system of Morrowind much more sensible, and much more fun, and IMO just plain better. I despise the original system, so your mileage may vary.

GCD removes the levelup screen and the stat growth multipliers. Instead, when a skill has increased enough, your stats increase. Levels still affect the kind of enemies and items you'll find. From the page linked above:

Removes limits on all skills and attributes.
Slows down skill gain by making skills exponentially harder to increase once they pass a certain threshold. This threshold is based on initial score in a skill, so that major skills slow down at higher values than minor / misc. skills.
Attribute gain is based directly on skill gain. Each skill influences from three to five attributes by varying amounts. Skills with higher starting values have a higher influence on attribute gain. Speed of attribute gain is also proportional to the amount of initial skill points in relevant skills.
Levels are effectively removed - you will never see the level up screen. [though not totally removed, since levelled lists need to work]
Health is calculated directly from skills and endurance (so fortify endurance spells etc. will increase your health). Health is independent of the order of increase of skills / attributes.
Magicka regenerates at a rate governed by your initial magic skills, your current magic skills and your willpower. (this can be turned off, but is recommended for anyone wanting to be a pure mage, since mages will no longer end up as good fighters). Maximum Magicka increases based on both your magic skills and your intelligence. (this too can be disabled)

Rutskarn
2009-07-11, 11:33 AM
Supposedly, there's this better book covers mod that's quite the rage.

I dunno, though. I play strictly vanilla.

Kyouhen
2009-07-11, 11:56 AM
There was one mod out there which I can't remember the name of that added piles of nice new monsters to the game. It included dragons. Pretty cool stuff.