PDA

View Full Version : The Unofficial 3.51 PHB Project!

Surrealistik
2009-07-11, 12:21 PM
As per the title. Since 3.5 has been basically abandoned by WotC in favour of 4.0, I figure it's high time the community made an updated compilation of all the best, most essential modifications and homebrew for a 3.51 PHB. So, who's in?

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-07-11, 04:14 PM
Well, some of the homebrewers here are already working on a revision, and the rest wouldn't agree on what defines "best" homebrew. The three-and-a-half-bazillion fighter, monk, and soulknife fixes should show that immediately.

Kellus
2009-07-11, 04:20 PM
Indeed. The inevitable problem is that everybody thinks they can do it better than other people. Realistically, what you should do is find a set of homebrews that work for your campaign setting, and ignore the rest. Find class fixes that appeal to you and make the class work the way you want.

Surrealistik
2009-07-11, 04:26 PM
Well, some of the homebrewers here are already working on a revision

Who, and where?

Indeed. The inevitable problem is that everybody thinks they can do it better than other people. Realistically, what you should do is find a set of homebrews that work for your campaign setting, and ignore the rest. Find class fixes that appeal to you and make the class work the way you want.

The thing is I'm looking make a convenient reference document that's comprehensive (more than simply isolated class fixes) and amicable for a large cross-section of people. Hard yes, impossible no. The advantage of a collective community project is that it is more democratic and there is no lack of feedback and cross-talk which in turn engenders solutions and changes that are palpable to many.

blackspeeker
2009-07-11, 04:29 PM
Who, and where?

Fax Celesitis' 3.Fax or d20r is a personal favorite.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98722

Edit: however it is on a hiatus for a bit.

Edit again: Jane Smith also created a bunch of class fixes, I don't have a link to any of them but a few should still be toward the bottom the page.

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-07-12, 01:31 AM
The thing is I'm looking make a convenient reference document that's comprehensive (more than simply isolated class fixes) and amicable for a large cross-section of people. Hard yes, impossible no. The advantage of a collective community project is that it is more democratic and there is no lack of feedback and cross-talk which in turn engenders solutions and changes that are palpable to many.

Oh, I see, you're just thinking of compiling all of the homebrew variants into one place, rather than determining The One Holy Definitive Fix? That could work, though if it would be useful at all (given that you can search for "fighter fix homebrew" and get all you need) is debatable.

jeek
2009-07-12, 01:34 AM
Sounds like moving the information onto a Wiki would be a good solution.

If you're looking to create a PDF or something, latex is pretty hot. It can generate both a PDF and a web site from the same input file.

If you decide to go with either of the above options, let me know, I love formatting text, and I have a couple of web servers to toy with.