PDA

View Full Version : Semi-serious: Cleric of The King of All Cosmos [3.5]

Zaq
2009-07-11, 05:55 PM
So let's face it, the King of All Cosmos (just... just Google him if you don't recognize what I'm talking about) is a pretty darn deific figure, and I can totally see someone wanting to worship him as a god in a game with a low SERIOUS BUSINESS rating. I know that I'd allow it, as a GM.

The question is, what domains would he grant? I'm drawing a blank. There doesn't seem to be a "collection" domain, or a "growth" domain, or a "star/space" domain... any thoughts? Nobility is about the only domain I can say he would definitely have, but that's not nearly enough.

Vortling
2009-07-11, 06:00 PM
Working only off the srd: Travel, Sun, Good, Strength, Chaos and possibly Protection

Xallace
2009-07-11, 06:00 PM
So let's face it, the King of All Cosmos (just... just Google him if you don't recognize what I'm talking about) is a pretty darn deific figure, and I can totally see someone wanting to worship him as a god in a game with a low SERIOUS BUSINESS rating. I know that I'd allow it, as a GM.

The question is, what domains would he grant? I'm drawing a blank. There doesn't seem to be a "collection" domain, or a "growth" domain, or a "star/space" domain... any thoughts? Nobility is about the only domain I can say he would definitely have, but that's not nearly enough.

I believe Forgotten Realms contains both a "Moon" Domain and a "Creation" Domain.

Assassin89
2009-07-11, 09:42 PM
Since the King of All Cosmos endorses competition, the "Competition" Domain from the Spell Compendium might work.

Captain Six
2009-07-11, 10:02 PM
Here's a little something odd you can try. It'll make him stand out from the other deities, that's for sure. Take or ignore what you want. I've only played We <3 Katamari so I might have a few things wrong. Easy to change.

The King of All Cosmos is chaotic neutral. He gives the Chaos domain and the Creation domain with Genesis (epic level handbook) added to the list.

The King of All Cosmos is fascinated with the dismantling and recreation of just about everything and is associated with change, no matter how trivial or counter productive. The remaining three domains of the King of All Cosmos are randomly generated every so often, probably random at intervals, as he grows dissatisfied with his current portfolio and remakes it. His clerics get the heads up and may re-pick their domains.

The clerics of the King of All Cosmos are flamboyant and lighthearted. This hides the difficulty of their job to the common people. The King of All Cosmos often ignores his clerics entirely or gives ludicrous demands with incredibly stern punishment for failure. When a cleric actually receives a job their only hope is that they are powerful enough to do it or he forgets about the job entirely, which happens an awful lot if not reminded.

Darrin
2009-07-11, 10:42 PM
The question is, what domains would he grant?

Definitely the Codpiece domain...

Indon
2009-07-12, 07:00 PM
Sphere Domain!
Domain Power: +2 to grapple, +5 feet moved when you succeed in moving someone in a grapple.

Level 1: Acid Splash
Level 2: Flaming Sphere
Level 3: Fireball
Level 4: Lesser Globe of Invulnerability
Level 5: Greater Flaming Sphere (As Flaming Sphere, but moves 50 feet, deals 5d8 damage, and moves as if trampling)
Level 6: Globe of Invulnerability
Level 7: Delayed Blast Fireball
Level 8: Prismatic Sphere
Level 9: Greater Prismatic Sphere (as Greater Flaming Sphere, but the caster controls and directs a Prismatic Sphere rather than dealing fire damage - note this is an Evocation spell, not Abjuration)

Eldariel
2009-07-12, 07:02 PM
Sphere Domain!
Domain Power: +2 to grapple, +5 feet moved when you succeed in moving someone in a grapple.

Level 1: Acid Splash
Level 2: Flaming Sphere
Level 3: Fireball
Level 4: Lesser Globe of Invulnerability
Level 5: Greater Flaming Sphere (As Flaming Sphere, but moves 50 feet, deals 5d8 damage, and moves as if trampling)
Level 6: Globe of Invulnerability
Level 7: Delayed Blast Fireball
Level 8: Prismatic Sphere
Level 9: Greater Prismatic Sphere (as Greater Flaming Sphere, but the caster controls and directs a Prismatic Sphere rather than dealing fire damage - note this is an Evocation spell, not Abjuration)

Why Fireballs? Why not...say Otiluke's Spheres? Or Scintillating Spheres? Or...well, overall, Spheres over Balls.

Indon
2009-07-12, 07:04 PM
Why Fireballs? Why not...say Otiluke's Spheres? Or Scintillating Spheres? Or...well, overall, Spheres over Balls.

Because I was lazy and just filled in Fireball as the 3rd level slot - then DBF followed naturally.

Haven
2009-07-13, 01:44 AM

Bwahahaha.

ZeroNumerous
2009-07-13, 02:33 AM
The Nobility Domain (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/domains.htm#nobilityDomain) for sure. And probably Creation (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/domains.htm#creationDomain).

Moriato
2009-07-13, 11:04 AM
Be careful, for allowing your clerics to gain power worshiping the King of all cosmos leads to the only logical next step: Clerics of...

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/09/ceo_socnet/image/burger-king.jpg

*shiver*

Anyhow, the king of all cosmos clerics should most certainly get color spray and prismatic spray as domain spells. ROYAL RAINBOW!

LibraryOgre
2009-07-13, 11:12 AM
Be careful, for allowing your clerics to gain power worshiping the King of all cosmos leads to the only logical next step: Clerics of...

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/09/ceo_socnet/image/burger-king.jpg

*shiver*

Domains of Trickery (he'll reverse pickpocket you!), Charm, Nobility and Madness.

You cannot cast healing spells as his cleric, and every casting of Create Food and Water causes diarrhea in 1d4 minutes. All water created is at least slightly tinged with lemons, and has a chance (10%) of being carbonated.

Moriato
2009-07-13, 11:14 AM
Domains of Trickery (he'll reverse pickpocket you!), Charm, Nobility and Madness.

You cannot cast healing spells as his cleric, and every casting of Create Food and Water causes diarrhea in 1d4 minutes. All water created is at least slightly tinged with lemons, and has a chance (10%) of being carbonated.

It's almost worth it just for the battle cries of "For THE KING!"

Indon
2009-07-13, 11:52 AM
Bwahahaha.

In battle, a group of Clerics of the KoaC will each grapple each other to form a great ball, and will roll up their opponents and use their combined grappling skills to subdue them.

Finally, an in-character use for the superspeed-grappling rules exploit!