PDA

View Full Version : Ladies in the Playground...I need help!

Perducci
2009-07-11, 05:56 PM
Ok recently(earlier today), I was kinda insensitive to my girlfriend because I had a rough night and was tired and cranky. We both got over it, but to make up for it I want to do something really sweet for our year anniversary.

To help her out because sometimes dealing with me is complicated, I decided to make her an Owners Manual for me. Problem is that I don't know what I should put in it. My ideas so far-drawing of myself with parts labeled with cute little descriptions and a guide to how to deal with me when I'm upset.

So I'm asking...what sort of things would you want to know about your man?

Oh, another thing...I've only got 5 days to do this!

Quincunx
2009-07-11, 06:14 PM
ADD SOMETHING ELSE tailored to her and not talking about you. Not to say that it's not an amusing idea--I'd grin, for sure--but anniversary gifts need to have a balance of Person A and Person B. Maybe stick a sheet of coupons in the back like those you find in the back of the Yellow Pages for 'snuggle' and 'kiss' and 'instant "I agree with you, dear" '; it's a tad tacky not to have a 'real', physical gift, but this owner's manual does smack of having a shoestring budget, and if that's already an accepted condition then the coupons are OK.

Perducci
2009-07-11, 06:23 PM
It's not really a gift. We don't really do those. She gets super mad at me if I spend any amount of money on her(seriously-found this out after she punched me in the face). I didn't see this as a gift, just a way to make her smile.

I'm not sure I could top myself for our anniversary. A few weeks back, she had an exhausting day. So I surprised her with a trail of hearts leading to a bubble bath. Afterwards, she got a cocoa butter massage. Then, I cooked her dinner.

Oh and the whole thing is being tailored to her. The descriptions for the parts list would be something like this- Hands- good for gripping your lovely body, massages, and holding your hand. Thats just off the top of my head though.

Lerky
2009-07-11, 06:45 PM
I'll admit I'm not a lady...but scientific tests have shown that I feel more comfortable in an atmosphere of girls then boys. Anyway onto my advice...

I'm also a very complicated guy, it pisses my parents off easily. If I were to write an owners manual, I'd first look at an actua manual for ideas. Then I'd get things like what music you like to listen to. Wheter or not you want to have physical contact when upset, or if you're like me and you just wanna be alone. Where you're "ctrl alt delete" button is (when nothing's working try this). Wheter or not you should unplug the machine when it crashes:smalltongue:

Also, try to think of past expriences where your girlfriend (or even parents, or friends) did something that you didn't like. This could be something like "When I'm sad don't try to cheer me up...just give me room to vent."

Think of things that make you smile, a certain song, a joke, a movie. And make sure to add that in, that way she has a way to make you happy when you're sad.

Good luck:smallsmile:

Yarram
2009-07-11, 10:45 PM
Put in some rituals that must be attended by her constantly. =D

E.G.
She must cook your dinner.
She must always complement you on successes in a non-sarcastic voice.
She must share the blanket.

That kinda thing. ('Cept not stuff that'll make her hit you like me.)

onasuma
2009-07-12, 04:06 AM
Put in some rituals that must be attended by her constantly. =D

E.G.
She must cook your dinner.
She must always complement you on successes in a non-sarcastic voice.
She must share the blanket.

That kinda thing. ('Cept not stuff that'll make her hit you like me.)

You forgot sandwiches.

*flees out of thread before women attack me/my own girlfriend reads this*

Serpentine
2009-07-12, 05:26 AM
>trips onasuma on his way out<

What do you do when you're upset or angry?
What are the signs that she should look for when you're upset or angry?
If it's her fault, what should she do?
If it's not her fault but you think it is, what should she do?
If it's not her or something she's done that's made you upset or angry, what should she do?
What annoys you?
What do you appreciate?
What makes you feel loved?
What makes you feel good?
What "little thing" (like flowers or chocolates for most girls) would you like to get on occasion to let you know she cares?
Where are you ticklish?
etc.