PDA

View Full Version : Haley *possible spoilers*

Jagos
2009-07-11, 06:13 PM
Yes, our favorite thief in the world of OotS.

Basically it's probably going to be a while before we see Tyrinaria come back up but I was wondering...

What can we possibly see with her getting such a crazy amount for a possible tyrant?

She's already killed for gold before (ask Crystal) and with her cutting ties with the Thieves' Guild it only makes sense that she would be more into trying to sneak and rescue him without actually paying.

Morquard
2009-07-11, 06:19 PM
She didn't kill Crystal for money, but for revenge. Crystal is/was her nemesis and defeated and humiliated her at Old Pete's house.

Also most people think the next gate is in Lord Tyranors realm, and that he's actually Elan's and Nale's father so we'll probably meet him sooner than later.

Bibliomancer
2009-07-11, 06:20 PM
It looks like it is time to kill another dragon. Maybe she could recruit Belkar and V to help her kill a metallic one. Then they could kill belkar and split the treasure 50-50.

NerfTW
2009-07-11, 06:54 PM
Considering they're on the Western Continent, where Tyrinaria is, I don't think she's going to continue going the "repay the ransom" route anymore.

She probably won't bring it up, but you'd have to be blind not to see that they're going to run headfirst into the big T and find out anyways.

David Argall
2009-07-11, 07:17 PM
The presumption is that she will break dad out of jail some way, possibly with Elan's "help", and conceivably with the help of any or all other party members, and even Nale. or they may be in her way. Or both.

Jagos
2009-07-11, 10:44 PM
It looks like it is time to kill another dragon. Maybe she could recruit Belkar and V to help her kill a metallic one. Then they could kill belkar and split the treasure 50-50.

She could always pull a Joker maneuver. Hire a bunch of henchman, they get assigned different tasks, then have them kill each other off, then afterwards, pay the one henchman (or have Belks kill him) and double the profit.

She didn't kill Crystal for money, but for revenge. Crystal is/was her nemesis and defeated and humiliated her at Old Pete's house.

Actually, I meant it more that she was killing Crystal to protect her money. But revenge sounds a lot nicer. She just hated that girl a little bit.

Shinizak
2009-07-11, 11:03 PM
Who is this Tyrinaria person? I don't remember her/him in the comic, or is this origin of the PCs thing?

Somniloquist
2009-07-11, 11:10 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0131.html Here.

Murdim
2009-07-12, 03:37 AM
It looks like it is time to kill another dragon. Maybe she could recruit Belkar and V to help her kill a metallic one. Then they could kill belkar and split the treasure 50-50.No, better : she could assassinate all her teammates, take their loot, and sell it. And then, kill Mr Scruffy for ****s and giggles.

Who is this Tyrinaria person? I don't remember her/him in the comic, or is this origin of the PCs thing?Here is Tyrinar the Bloody, absolute master of the nation of Tyrinaria. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0131.html) And here are his armies. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0050.html)

We can't be sure that Elan and Nale's father is Tyrinar himself rather than one of his generals, but... check the invincible evil armes, check the banner marked with a T, check the potential dramatic tension between Haley and Elan.

Jagos
2009-07-12, 06:41 PM
That brings up a new angle... What the heck was Elan's mom thinking in staying with him?

Bibliomancer
2009-07-12, 07:04 PM
She didn't for long. However, given that she may have been a bard, perhaps she only did this to create a truly dramatic plot in a few decades. The best bards plan ahead, y'know. At epic levels, they gain the spell Create Interesting Character...also called heightened Suggestion.

Ridureyu
2009-07-12, 07:05 PM
She could always pull a Joker maneuver. Hire a bunch of henchman, they get assigned different tasks, then have them kill each other off, then afterwards, pay the one henchman (or have Belks kill him) and double the profit.

No, better : she could assassinate all her teammates, take their loot, and sell it. And then, kill Mr Scruffy for ****s and giggles.

Yes, she could do that, but I was thinking that she could also sell drugs to raise the money to free her father, but then instead of paying secretly poison Tyrinaria's water supply, killing everyone within and taking their money. After finding her father, she will murder him in a way that looks like an accident, thus giving her the inheritance. After doing that, Haley will resurrect Miko, and the two of them will rule the world as evil tyrant queens by taking the power of the Snarl into themselves.

And then she'll eat a puppy.

Bibliomancer
2009-07-12, 07:11 PM

As long as she doesn't kick it beforehand, this is acceptable.

She'll probably just break into the dungeons as a side quest.

Ridureyu
2009-07-12, 07:13 PM
She'll also stomp on some kittens on her way there, too.

And this isn't just a prediction. The rules of drama make this an absolute necessity, and if it doesn't happen just as I wrote it, then the entire story has gone wrong from day one.

Boaromir
2009-07-12, 07:14 PM

I was ok with all of that until this part. But this part just makes her a big jerkface.

Bibliomancer
2009-07-12, 07:23 PM

Not likely. Their AC is too high. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0522.html)

And this isn't just a prediction. The rules of drama make this an absolute necessity, and if it doesn't happen just as I wrote it, then the entire story has gone wrong from day one.

The day Belkar's daggers shrunk?

Ridureyu
2009-07-12, 07:41 PM
The day Belkar's daggers shrunk?

It shall be remembered as a tragic day for all sexy shoeless gods of war.

Nimrod's Son
2009-07-12, 10:33 PM
I've just noticed that Nale's dad's limbs are drawn with much thicker lines than everyone else's. Dude must work out.

Bibliomancer
2009-07-12, 10:45 PM
It shall be remembered as a tragic day for all sexy shoeless gods of war.

That lost point of damage decreased the intensity of screaming by victims by 11.35%, according to V's calculations. However, Belkar was able to later increase the damage through improvements to his favored enemy class feature, and so didn't notice. In fact, it moved the pitch up high enough that only he can hear part of it.

I've just noticed that Nale's dad's limbs are drawn with much thicker lines than everyone else's. Dude must work out.

I think that the view point is zoomed in on him, unless his entire army consisted of halflings.

Nimrod's Son
2009-07-13, 05:17 AM
I think that the view point is zoomed in on him, unless his entire army consisted of halflings.
The guys behind him are irrelevant. Compare the thickness of his arms and legs to Nale's in the same panel, or even to every other line on the rest of his armour. They're much thicker.

Thanks for assuming I have absolutely no grasp of perpective, though.

Ichneumon
2009-07-13, 05:24 AM
It would indeed be interesting to create tention between Elan and Haley when they possibly disagree about how to deal with the situation. It might also be interesting to see how Nale is finally "destroyed" or "beaten", as I think this will be the final confrontation between them, before they finish the gate bussiness, assuming there are no OotS adventures after they have saved the world from the Snarl.

adibobo
2009-07-13, 06:21 AM

How many times hasn't the plot gone into a total diferent direction than was expected, and still remained logical and awesome?

pflare
2009-07-13, 07:38 AM
Many more times than I can count. But good point we're all predicting Haley and her father and elan and nale all involved in a big event but it could go in a different direction completely

Optimystik
2009-07-13, 07:58 AM
The presumption is that she will break dad out of jail some way, possibly with Elan's "help", and conceivably with the help of any or all other party members, and even Nale. or they may be in her way. Or both.

Interesting thought: suppose
She has to choose between helping the Order and saving her dad? Possibly even having to trust Nale to get her father saved? That would be an edge-of-your-seat twist.

Ridureyu
2009-07-13, 05:05 PM
How many times hasn't the plot gone into a total diferent direction than was expected, and still remained logical and awesome?

No! The plot must always go my way, for I am the ultimate arbiter of something something ehhhh, I'm tired.

Steward
2009-07-13, 07:48 PM

How do we know they're not? They do have a size bonus to attack rolls or something!

Olorin Maia
2009-07-13, 08:09 PM
Imagine fighting a whole army of Belkars? No, thank you, I've decided not to mess with you, good sir.

R. Malcovitch
2009-07-13, 08:43 PM
How do we know they're not? They do have a size bonus to attack rolls or something!

Yeah, but a big penalty to damage.

Pyron
2009-07-13, 08:45 PM
Yeah, but a big penalty to damage.

Not if you laugh them from catapults. :smallbiggrin:

Olorin Maia
2009-07-13, 09:59 PM
Not if you laugh them from catapults. :smallbiggrin:

Wait, I'm confused...you edited your post but still misspelled launch? Was that an intentional pun about how halflings are supposed to be jolly? WHY ARE'NT THEY JOLLY!?!?!?

Pyron
2009-07-13, 10:19 PM
Wait, I'm confused...you edited your post but still misspelled launch? Was that an intentional pun about how halflings are supposed to be jolly? WHY ARE'NT THEY JOLLY!?!?!?

That's right I did. Wow, I must be more tired than I thought.:smallsmile: