PDA

View Full Version : Help for a lazy saga GM

Froogleyboy
2009-07-11, 09:15 PM
Ok, I had an Idea for saga adventure and I need help writing the adventure out and statting stuff. See, the basic concept is People are capturing Twi'leks for the slave trade and the PC's need to stop them. 5th level all books, takes place during the clone wars.

HamHam
2009-07-11, 09:38 PM
Okay? And?

Ryloth has those crazy flying boulder things. That would make for an interesting combat environment.

Lert, A.
2009-07-11, 09:43 PM
Wow.

That really is lazy. :smalltongue:

Anything else? Party composition, type of play expected (heavy combat, social, etc.), starting equipment (everybody has a pointy stick, look at my death star, etc.). More info is better than a time frame and a starting level.

Froogleyboy
2009-07-11, 09:58 PM
Wow.

That really is lazy. :smalltongue:

Anything else? Party composition, type of play expected (heavy combat, social, etc.), starting equipment (everybody has a pointy stick, look at my death star, etc.). More info is better than a time frame and a starting level.

Ok, Trandoshan soldier and Wookie Jedi. Heavy combat but social whenever you can squeeze it in. No idea of the equipment yet, characters aint done

Froogleyboy
2009-07-11, 10:06 PM
Okay? And?

Ryloth has those crazy flying boulder things. That would make for an interesting combat environment.

source and name?

Lert, A.
2009-07-11, 11:36 PM
I probably won't do too much creating myself, but I'll try to give suggestions.

To start, how did the PCs find out about the slavery ring? Options: word of mouth, observation, personal experience.

-word of mouth: could be through law enforcement, bounty posting, criminal assosciation (want to buy a deathstick slave girl?), or escaped slave
-observation: see one or more slave being transported (possibly escaping from a crashed transport), witness an enslaved sentient while dealing with a crime lord
-personal experience: if you can get a PC to help you can fill in a backstory of past slavery or dealings with slavers. PC recognized a member of the slaver crew and investigates if the same thing is happening now

Next step, determine scale. Will you be on one planet or will you be hopping about? Options: single planet (random), single planet (Ryloth), multiple planets

-single planet (random): if you won't be travelling too far then you should have a transient Twi'lek population. Could be a large number of refugees, or a large local population of lower class Twi'lek with abductions as a MO
-single planet (Ryloth): you just happen to be in the area and looky, slavers to stop
-multiple planets: a combination of the two, but more involved. Also need to find out things like where specifically the slaves are coming from, how they are transported, finding a means to track the slavers or at least to get transport to slaver HQ

Bad guys. A single bad guy or several co-bad guys? Will there be lasting repurcussions for the PCs or will this become a one-off? Will the bad guy bring some real strength to bear or will he be the brains of the operation and not a fighter.

Options:
-single bad guy: at the end of the scenario he may end up dead or possible escape with the PCs shutting down his operations for now. But he'll be back
-multiple leaders: again, they could possibly die. This scenario gives all the aforementioned conditions, but will also enhance a long-term campaign, even if the leader(s) die, as there can always be a few more higher-ups who just happen to be off-planet at the moment (insert revenge plot here)
-fighter: after getting through the generic mooks you hit a brick wall. The brick wall hits back
-brains: you blast away at mooks and free the slaves (yay!) but the brains of the operation got away

Just a few suggestions that you can think about.

I'll check in on this thread again tomorrow and see if there is anything else I can do to help.

Froogleyboy
2009-07-12, 12:30 PM
Hmm . . . nice. OK, I haven't decided how the PC's get there but the PC's arrive at a large asteroid which has been turned into a small space station thing where the slaves are being held. Turns out it was a mining facility and the staff were slaughtered bye the mining droids who work there due to a programming malfunction. The slavers once stopped there and discovered what has happened. They then decided to transform it into a place to store the slaves. Once they fixed the droids programming it was save and they let the droids go on mining the asteroid. The slavers are taking particular care with this shipment due to the fact that the Kamonions are paying big bucks for this shipment of slaves.
The reason the kamonions are paying so much is because, due to the success of the cloning of Jango, they are attempting to clone the perfect Twi'lek girl to sell on the black market.

This is just a ruff sketch of what should go down. If you could help me work out the kinks, it'd be helpful

Froogleyboy
2009-07-13, 05:48 PM
{Scrubbed}