PDA

View Full Version : New feat for all the One Piece fans

GobalinKing
2005-10-26, 08:10 PM
If it's good enough for Zoro, it's good enough for us! Ever want to take two weapon fighting just one step further?

Santoryu
You master the swordfighting technique known as santoryu, three weapon fighting.
Prerequistes: Two Weapon Fighting, Dex 18
Benefit: You can hold an extra light or one-handed melee weapon in your teeth. This is an incredible feat to do and is almost impossible, however. If you have this feat, during a full attack, you can make one extra attack (including any you get from a high base attack bonus and the extra attack with Two Weapon Fighting) at a -6 penalty. If the weapon is light, you instead take a -4 penalty.
Normal: If you try to wield a weapon in your mouth without this feat, you take a -20 penalty. If the weapon is light, you take a -10 penalty.

Of course, I needed help on it. I don't think I got the penalties right. Anyone have any idea what kind of penalties this would incur? Or maybe I messed up on the prerequisites? I want it to be usable, but realistic. And if this does well enough, I could expand it to a whole set of Santoryu feats that expound on the various techniques one learns when using Santoryu. Anyway...

Any help?

SalSar_Thiran
2005-10-26, 08:16 PM
I htink you should also have to take Greater Two weapon fighting as a prerec, not just Two weapon fighting.

GobalinKing
2005-10-26, 08:22 PM
Now that's what I call a quick response.

Okay, Greater TWF as a prerequiste? Sounds about right...let's see, the Dex prereq for that is.....19. So I guess then this feat wouldn't need 18 Dex as a prereq then, huh?

Winged One
2005-10-26, 08:25 PM
No, but I'd give it a prerequisite of 21 DEX.

GobalinKing
2005-10-26, 08:32 PM
yeah, I didn't mean it didn't need a Dex prereq, just a higher one...okay...any other problems with it?

idksocrates
2005-10-26, 08:45 PM
I'm thinking that since fighting with two weapons is an automatic -2 on all attacks, three weapon fighting should be -4 on all attacks, so assuming you have all light weapons (or one one-handed and two light) and the feat, the penalties would be -4 across the board.

Teethed weapon needs a name (primary/offhand/??).

Prerequisites: Greater Two Weapon Fighting, Dex 21+

GobalinKing
2005-10-26, 08:50 PM
Offmouth? Mouthed? Teethed? Offoffhand?

AtomicKitKat
2005-10-27, 03:27 AM
I believe there was a really old thread on GitP regarding this exact topic. I vaguely recall seeing it on Google while searching for something else(probably the +0.5 Str per extra hand on weapon rule), and thinking "Hey, I know that site!"

Wih
2005-10-27, 08:08 AM
I'd just do it that Zoro has a feat that makes him have an extra 'arm' for holding weapons - his teeth.
This mean he can get Multi-weapon Fighting instead of TWF...
Of course, we'd be talking high STR (15+) and DEX (21+) pre-reqs, Exotic Weapon Proficiencies (Katana, Bite), Weapon Focuses (Katana, Bite), Weapon Specializtions...and some sort of dud feat (giving you a bite attack that takes a full round action to use, perhaps?)

SalSar_Thiran
2005-10-27, 01:24 PM
I am thinking we agree on this then:

Santoryu
You master the swordfighting technique known as santoryu, three weapon fighting.
Prerequistes: Greater Two Weapon Fighting, Dex 21
Benefit: You can hold an extra light or one-handed melee weapon in your teeth. This is an incredible feat to do and is almost impossible, however. If you have this feat, during a full attack, you can make one extra attack (including any you get from a high base attack bonus and the extra attack with Two Weapon Fighting) at a -6 penalty. If the weapon is light, you instead take a -4 penalty, including all penalties for Two weapon Fighting.
Normal: If you try to wield a weapon in your mouth without this feat, you take a -20 penalty. If the weapon is light, you take a -10 penalty.

Wih
2005-10-27, 09:52 PM
'While holding a sword in your teeth, you are unable to pronounce the necessary Verbal components to a spell...'

Peace_Keeper
2005-10-27, 10:10 PM
Wow some one actually watches that show, like not just once....I watched it once and from then on me & my friend reffered to it as Bord japanese people show.... anyways don't you think that its a beet %&($ skrewed up? what if someone even slightly hit the sword? wouldn't go off balance a break your teeth? think of your dental bill... even if you tried to master such a technique you wouldn't be able to, there wouldn't be enough strength in your jaw considering a human's poor build in that area(except for the sounds we make, I like speaking).

AtomicKitKat
2005-10-27, 10:15 PM
Wow some one actually watches that show, like not just once....I watched it once and from then on me & my friend reffered to it as Bord japanese people show.... anyways don't you think that its a beet %&($ skrewed up? what if someone even slightly hit the sword? wouldn't go off balance a break your teeth? think of your dental bill... even if you tried to master such a technique you wouldn't be able to, there wouldn't be enough strength in your jaw considering a human's poor build in that area(except for the sounds we make, I like speaking).

*Shrug* There's guys out there who've pulled busses of people, and probably even trains and jets using little more than their teeth and backs. There's Monsieur Mangetout who once ate a robot and another time a Cessna, and regularly dines on nails. There's even me, who can chip his teeth on floor tiles, but used to eat staples just to freak the other kids out. :D

GobalinKing
2005-10-27, 10:28 PM
'While holding a sword in your teeth, you are unable to pronounce the necessary Verbal components to a spell...'

Zoro doesn't seem to have that problem. But it makes sense to help kind of balance it out.

Lysander
2005-10-28, 08:25 AM
The jaw is one of the strongest parts of the body, and teeth are the hardest bones in the body. That said it would still be nearly impossible, a real feat to wield a sword in your mouth.

Bil123
2005-10-28, 04:17 PM
What about Loofy's and the Cooks.
Gum-gum stretch
You master your body and it's capabilities.
Presaquites: 20 Dex
Benefit: You count as having an 10ft range. throwing weapon, with your own strength.
Normal: You can't reall do this without this feat I mean come on seriously you can't stretch your arm 10 ft. without training.

Nightmarenny
2005-10-28, 09:09 PM
Wow some one actually watches that show, like not just once....I watched it once and from then on me & my friend reffered to it as Bord japanese people show.... anyways don't you think that its a beet %&($ skrewed up? what if someone even slightly hit the sword? wouldn't go off balance a break your teeth? think of your dental bill... even if you tried to master such a technique you wouldn't be able to, there wouldn't be enough strength in your jaw considering a human's poor build in that area(except for the sounds we make, I like speaking).Can it be assumed that you whached the dubed version? Because anything you got from that sickining massacher is bound to be missleading.

devil fruit
You have swollowed the devils fruit gaining unique powers(see below)
Prer.Swollowed a devil fruit
Benifit. You take on one of the following templates

Gum Gum
Cut Cut
Lightining
sand
Fire
ice
Hands
Blade
Explosive body
smoke

AtomicKitKat
2005-10-29, 11:56 AM
Alveida had some kind of "super-slick" fruit, which had a little "Elixir of Youth" in it. Mister 3 had waxy powers, etc. Bah, there were way too many, in the I don't know how many episodes they showed. My brother tells me Gum-Gum was actually "Gomu Gomu", Japanese for Rubber.

Edit: Don't forget that you cannot swim after eating such fruits(unless there's some kind of "float like wood" fruit)

Wih
2005-10-29, 09:02 PM
Each of the Devil's Fruit's powers would be templates.
And yes, it is gomu-gomu, I'm assuming you're watchign the horrific dub. Get the sub.
The idea behind the fruits is that if you eat one of them, the sea rejects you, and you become paralysed when you enter water. Which is a uh...small liability when you live on a boat.

As for the people who think anime is unrealistic...of course it is =P It's cinematic. When have you seen people firing ki blasts around, flying, stretching to epic proportions or turning into animals?
Take the show based on it's merits, not it's unrealistic-ness =P

I still stand by my idea that Zoro should have multi-weapon fighting.

Nightmarenny
2005-10-30, 10:57 PM
Each of the Devil's Fruit's powers would be templates.
And yes, it is gomu-gomu, I'm assuming you're watchign the horrific dub. Get the sub.
The idea behind the fruits is that if you eat one of them, the sea rejects you, and you become paralysed when you enter water. Which is a uh...small liability when you live on a boat.

As for the people who think anime is unrealistic...of course it is =P It's cinematic. When have you seen people firing ki blasts around, flying, stretching to epic proportions or turning into animals?
Take the show based on it's merits, not it's unrealistic-ness =P

I still stand by my idea that Zoro should have multi-weapon fighting.
Oh yeah what was I thinking. The dub must have gotten to me.