PDA

View Full Version : need a little help with a low level game

ScionofImperius
2009-07-12, 01:53 PM
I am doing a favor for my dm, who is running a game with a required 4lvl racial modifier. there is a player coming in who has never played before, and has her heart set on pixie sorcerer. i agreed to run her through a game at second level, so she can see how the spells work, and how her abilities work. the only character accompanying her will be another player, who wants to test out a half dragon goliath fighter. I need help with monsters who will give them a challenge, without destroying them completely. Any suggestions?

HamsterOfTheGod
2009-07-12, 02:15 PM
I am doing a favor for my dm, who is running a game with a required 4lvl racial modifier. there is a player coming in who has never played before, and has her heart set on pixie sorcerer. i agreed to run her through a game at second level, so she can see how the spells work, and how her abilities work. the only character accompanying her will be another player, who wants to test out a half dragon goliath fighter. I need help with monsters who will give them a challenge, without destroying them completely. Any suggestions?

You can start with an easy encounter and let them face off against 6-8 goblins or orcs. If the pixie sorcerer can take some out with sleep or color spray the half-dragon should mop up the rest. An encounter where the pixie can user flight or invisibility to sneak around or distract opponents might also be fun, say taking something from an ogre guard. For a final fight, prep something that the half dragon can fight alone and that the pixie can help fight with ranged attacks, for example a 4th level fighter.

xPANCAKEx
2009-07-12, 02:20 PM
if its her FIRST time playing, i suggest letting them both play through as humans

then set up a second encounter with the pixie and ogre

bit more long winded, but it will allow her to get her head round things a LOT easier