PDA

View Full Version : 'Stylish' action game for PC

Fri
2009-07-12, 02:49 PM
Any recommendation on 'stylish' or 'cool' game for PC? You know. games where you do over the top stunts with 'style?'. Preferably with good soundtrack, but that's not that important now.

Any genre. I mean, jumping in slow motion and shooting bad guys while sliding across the table is 'stylish,' but launching dozens of missiles from your wing and then pressing your afterburner and left colorful trails of exhaust across the sky is also 'stylish'

It's highly personal, but I'd love to hear your recommendation.

Other than mirror edge, prince of persia, and max payne.

edit: I was interested in john woo's stranglehold, but I heard that it only got like, 7 hours of gameplay. worth it?

edit: crap. wrong forum. can someone move this?

onasuma
2009-07-12, 02:56 PM
Pschonauts. That covers everything that this thread should amount to.

Ozymandias
2009-07-12, 10:42 PM
Prototype is pretty good. It's also a little short, but perhaps longer than typical hack-and-slash games and a lot of people didn't like the story, although I thought it was fine.

Devil May Cry 4 had a decent PC port, and that's clearly the sort of thing you're into.

chiasaur11
2009-07-12, 10:58 PM
Pschonauts. That covers everything that this thread should amount to.

Yeah. It's all good fun.

Until the Meat Circus.

#&(*#*(@&ing Meat Circus.

Cubey
2009-07-12, 11:01 PM
Meh. Meat Circus is overrated in its difficulty. Still more difficult than the rest of the game, though.

The moment you said this, I thought Legacy of Kain. Especially the later titles - Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance. Soul Reaver is kinda old, Blood Omen even older (and it's not even 3d), Blood Omen II is so-so and a spinoff that's barely canon. Sure, getting into the game not from the start of the series will make you feel confused about the plot, but these games' plot is so full of twists and time travel-related complications that you'll be confused one way or another.

Terraoblivion
2009-07-12, 11:03 PM
The bad part of Psychonauts is getting every figment in the race area of the disco party. That is just hell. Not getting through it, only getting the figments.

Rutskarn
2009-07-12, 11:05 PM
There's always TF2, obviously.

Cespenar
2009-07-13, 01:34 AM
While Psychonauts is an awesome game, it doesn't seem to fit what the OP is talking about. Killing stuff stylishly, preferably while doing stunts, that's what he's talking about, as far as I gather. See his examples: Max Payne, Prince of Persia, etc.

That said, Psychonauts is a must-play.

Fri
2009-07-13, 01:46 AM
Somewhat. But as I said, 'stylish' is kinda personal and relative.

And I've played psychonaut :smallwink:. My favourite platform game of all time.