PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Build

Mongoose87
2009-07-13, 02:52 AM
In his utmost graciousness, my DM has granted all of us, the players, the ability to rebuild our characters over the summer, before our campaign starts out in the fall. There is one constraint: they must still use the same base class they originated in. We will be at level 25, when we start again.

My character is a human Paladin. Originally, he was straight Paladin, then five levels of Heir of Syberis, which was lackluster. Right now, I'm considering using an Argent Fist build; it would get me evasion and mettle, and allow me to use both armor (currently planned to be at least +5 Mithril Breastplate) and Monk bonuses to AC. However, I am unsure, particularly since I already have a Keen, Flaming, Cold, Corrosive Holy Avenger (he'll let me change the weapon type) and that would make all of the unarmed strike bonuses rather useless.

Should I go for it? Does anyone have any cool suggestions?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-07-13, 02:55 AM
Get your Holy Avenger changed into a Necklace of Natural Weapons from Savage Species and it should work out for you.

Mongoose87
2009-07-13, 03:16 AM
Get your Holy Avenger changed into a Necklace of Natural Weapons from Savage Species and it should work out for you.

I would, but in-game, it's something of a special weapon for the character. It's complicated, and I don't quite remember it all, but I'm essentially stuck with it.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-07-13, 03:48 AM
However, I am unsure, particularly since I already have a Keen, Flaming, Cold, Corrosive Holy Avenger (he'll let me change the weapon type) and that would make all of the unarmed strike bonuses rather useless.

A Necklace of Natural Weapons can hold any properties a normal magical weapon can, and it adds them to your natural weapons, including unarmed strikes. For example, change it into a Necklace of Keen, Flaming, Cold, Corrosive Holy Avenger, rather than whatever type of sword it currently is, and it will grant those properties to your unarmed strikes.

Mongoose87
2009-07-13, 03:56 AM
A Necklace of Natural Weapons can hold any properties a normal magical weapon can, and it adds them to your natural weapons, including unarmed strikes. For example, change it into a Necklace of Keen, Flaming, Cold, Corrosive Holy Avenger, rather than whatever type of sword it currently is, and it will grant those properties to your unarmed strikes.

I love you. Seriously, just made my day.

Vaynor
2009-07-13, 04:10 AM

I like the idea of enchanting your fists with throwing returning and flaming. A lot.

Flaming rocket fists!

Adumbration
2009-07-13, 04:14 AM
One of my favorite prestige classes for a paladin is the Hellreaver from Fiendish Codex 2.

#Raptor
2009-07-13, 04:43 AM
+5 Mithril Breastplate

If you mean +1 and a bunch of other enhancements, then thats just fine... but if you really mean +5:
Get your cleric to cast Magic Vestment on you. I mean... you guys are starting at level 25. You can afford buying your cleric buddy a pearl of power level 3.
All assuming you even have a cleric (or Archivist) ofc, but even if you don't, usually its better to get something else than a additional +4.

Same thing for weapons, just that you can actually cast Greater Magic Weapon by yourself.

/E: Ah, thx... gotta take a look at it. ^^

Mongoose87
2009-07-13, 04:51 AM
If you mean +1 and a bunch of other enhancements, then thats just fine... but if you really mean +5:
Get your cleric to cast Magic Vestment on you. I mean... you guys are starting at level 25. You can afford buying your cleric buddy a pearl of power level 3.
All assuming you even have a cleric (or Archivist) ofc, but even if you don't, usually its better to get something else than a additional +4.

Same thing for weapons, just that you can actually cast Greater Magic Weapon by yourself.

We actually don't have a Cleric. And, I like the straight-up AC because, in our strange little overpowered campaign, that's my weakness. Getting stabbed too much.

Argent Fist is from Faiths of Eberron.