PDA

View Full Version : "Yeah, well, I had errands to run, too"

Morquard
2009-07-13, 03:36 AM
Said quote from Sabine here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0394.html) in the last panel.

:sabine:: Heck I had sex four times while I was away
:nale:: You - you were gone for three hours!
:sabine:: Yeah, well, I had errands to run, too

How do you understand that quote?

a) "Yeah, well, I had errands to run too, and since I'm a succubus that involves having sex"

or

b) "Yeah, well, I had errands to run too, so I had to restrain myself, and ignore the 7 others who wanted sex"

I'm not quite sure here.

derfenrirwolv
2009-07-13, 03:39 AM
B. Definitely B

Figgin of Chaos
2009-07-13, 03:40 AM
The second one implies that she would have had more sex otherwise, and is therefore funnier.

rangermania
2009-07-13, 03:43 AM
Nale thinks 3 hours is not enough for 4 times but sabine thinks it is more than enough...

Definetely B :)

The Rose Dragon
2009-07-13, 04:01 AM
Come on, was there any doubt that it was B?

Well, obviously there was so you posted this thread, but other than you?

Morquard
2009-07-13, 04:07 AM
Hmm, good, I do think b) was more likely too for her.

I guess Nale understood it as a) though

T_N_J
2009-07-13, 04:16 AM
If it was A, she wouldn't have said "too". Saying "too" implies that exepct for having sex, she had errands to ran TOO, which indicates there is no connection between having sex and running errands.

Therefor - definitely B.

Tempest Fennac
2009-07-13, 04:29 AM
I took it that she was saying she didn't have more sex because the errands were more important.

Morquard
2009-07-13, 04:33 AM
If it was A, she wouldn't have said "too". Saying "too" implies that exepct for having sex, she had errands to ran TOO, which indicates there is no connection between having sex and running errands.

Therefor - definitely B.
Well it *could* mean: "Well I reported to my superior and had sex once, but then I had to run some errands too and they screwed me as well"

kamikasei
2009-07-13, 04:35 AM
I guess Nale understood it as a) though

What would make you think that?

Skorj
2009-07-13, 04:41 AM
Well it *could* mean: "Well I reported to my superior and had sex once, but then I had to run some errands too and they screwed me as well"

Ha! Can one sexually harass a succubus? :smallconfused: By my understanding of the original concept, they're basically sex elementals, so no. But D&D and OOTSverse may vary from the original concept (which IIRC arose from the need to explain why the wife was pregnant when the husband came back from the Crusades, without anyone needing to die in a duel. :smallamused:).

Ridureyu
2009-07-13, 04:44 AM
I thought it arose as a way to explain wet dreams and make people feel really guilty about them. ("A demon was getting you!")

Morquard
2009-07-13, 04:49 AM
Ha! Can one sexually harass a succubus? :smallconfused: By my understanding of the original concept, they're basically sex elementals, so no. But D&D and OOTSverse may vary from the original concept (which IIRC arose from the need to explain why the wife was pregnant when the husband came back from the Crusades, without anyone needing to die in a duel. :smallamused:).
Well a panel before that she says she's the evil incarnation of illicit sex, so I guess the concept there is pretty much the same.
But I think your example might refer more to an Incubus than a Succubus. They're basicly the male version, and were said to rape women in their sleep.

Shhalahr Windrider
2009-07-13, 05:32 AM
I thought it arose as a way to explain wet dreams and make people feel really guilty about them. ("A demon was getting you!")
Especially since a succubus is female and wouldn't be getting anyone pregnant!

The male version is an incubus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incubus), and I'm not sure if that's ever been given D&D stats.

Ancalagon
2009-07-13, 05:42 AM

The male version is an incubus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incubus), and I'm not sure if that's ever been given D&D stats.

It has been given stats. And Sabine is a shapechanger (who are not tied to one gender!) she implies at least once to nale they also tried the male version... I also guess that "gender" does not really matter for demons anyway.

pflare
2009-07-13, 09:31 AM
B fits better with Sabine's character cause it implies that she was going to have more sex but begrudgingly did her job instead. Plus its waaay funnier.

fishguy
2009-07-13, 09:43 AM
Without question, B

Alysar
2009-07-13, 09:58 AM
A never even occurred to me until now.

Jagos
2009-07-13, 10:16 AM
This thread gives entirely new meaning to the term "screwed over"

Skorj
2009-07-13, 11:09 AM
Well a panel before that she says she's the evil incarnation of illicit sex, so I guess the concept there is pretty much the same.
But I think your example might refer more to an Incubus than a Succubus. They're basicly the male version, and were said to rape women in their sleep.

It has been given stats. And Sabine is a shapechanger (who are not tied to one gender!) she implies at least once to nale they also tried the male version... I also guess that "gender" does not really matter for demons anyway.

The Giant gets it more right than the books, I'd say. I'm no medieval scholar, but from what I understand from one, the succubus and incubus were two forms of the same creature. The succubus would seduce the male, then shortly thereafter the incubus would seduce the female, resulting in a child who looked just like the male (other deatails should be obvious here, and are not describable on this forum). But they never actually had sex with each other, you see, it was all the demon. :smallwink: "We both have a confession to make - we've both succumbed to temptation, but this wasn't actually adultery, so no on has to die."

It's unlikely anyone believed this, especially the husband now wearing a cuckold's horns, but it saved face. The shame for being seduced by a demononic incarnation of sex was forgivable, after all. And in an arranged marriage, the husband might not actually care about the whole thing, once his absolute need as a knight to satisfy honor had been met.

Zeitgeist
2009-07-13, 11:39 AM
The joke is neither A nor B.

Nale is saying, "What, you had sex four times in the course of three hours?"

Sabine heard it as "What, you ONLY had sex four times in the course of three hours?" and replied accordingly, because to her, that's not very much.

Mauve Shirt
2009-07-13, 11:44 AM
What Zeitgeist said. The joke is that 3 hours is more than enough time to have sex 4 times.

Olorin Maia
2009-07-13, 12:01 PM
I had never heard of/ thought of that raesoning. Quite intelligent.

And I thought of B when I read the comic, as well.

Optimystik
2009-07-13, 12:19 PM
The joke is neither A nor B.

Nale is saying, "What, you had sex four times in the course of three hours?"

Sabine heard it as "What, you ONLY had sex four times in the course of three hours?" and replied accordingly, because to her, that's not very much.

How is that a disqualification of B? The fact that she could have sex that many times and didn't suggests she was restraining herself, as B states.

Liwen
2009-07-13, 12:35 PM

Sex elemental?

:redcloak: Fire shouldn't even count, it's a chemical reaction. They aren't called 'reactionals' you know.

Sex is technically a bunch chemical reactions too, with the added bonus of fun.

PS: 'sex elemental' made me laugh, but never use that as a compliment when talking to a woman, not even a succubus because then she won't even be interested in draining your levels.

SadisticFishing
2009-07-13, 12:55 PM
How is that a disqualification of B? The fact that she could have sex that many times and didn't suggests she was restraining herself, as B states.

Exactly o.O I'm confused by the neither as well.

David Argall
2009-07-13, 04:11 PM
Ha! Can one sexually harass a succubus?
Yes, but it might not be easy to do.
"He grabbed me, pulled me into this horrid alley, tore off my clothing, and violated all parts of my body several times each.
"Then he started to sexually harass me."

Even for a succubus, there are going to be times and situations where certain sexual advances will not be welcome. In Sabine's case, I might suggest offering a monogamous marriage might qualify.

The Rose Dragon
2009-07-13, 04:15 PM
"He grabbed me, pulled me into this horrid alley, tore off my clothing, and violated all parts of my body several times each.

David Argall is made of win.

His win comes in the form of a cookie.

Ridureyu
2009-07-13, 05:04 PM
Yes, but it might not be easy to do.

Even for a succubus, there are going to be times and situations where certain sexual advances will not be welcome. In Sabine's case, I might suggest offering a monogamous marriage might qualify.

Oh yeah, definitely. What if the succubus is "full," and doesn't feel like eating anybody's soul right now? What if she just wants a casual evening watching TV, and not being harrassed?

Ancalagon
2009-07-13, 05:07 PM
David Argall is made of win.

His win comes in the form of a cookie.

Disagree. Something like that is slipping quickly into territory where a sane person should not want to go - and where such a forum surely should not go.

That said: I think Roy came pretty close.

Pronounceable
2009-07-13, 05:10 PM
What if she just wants a casual evening watching TV, and not being harrassed?

I don't think an incarnation of sex works that way.

Ridureyu
2009-07-13, 05:11 PM
Everyone gets tired eventually.

Orcus: "Hey guys, I don't really feel like raising the legions of the dead to conquer the material plane today. Scrubs is on."

Warren Dew
2009-07-13, 07:47 PM

Or, slightly differently, "What, you took three whole hours to have sex a mere four times?"

To which her response is, roughly, "I would have gotten back in an hour, but I had errands to run too."

Zeitgeist
2009-07-13, 08:22 PM
Or, slightly differently, "What, you took three whole hours to have sex a mere four times?"

To which her response is, roughly, "I would have gotten back in an hour, but I had errands to run too."

I dunno about you, but I consider 1.33 intercourses per hour to be a rather fast rate. I don't think there was any shock about that being too slow. I think he was surprised that she had it so much in such a short time, and she believed he was surprised she ONLY had it that many times.

As in, that rate of having sex is fast for Nale, but slow for Sabine.

HamsterOfTheGod
2009-07-13, 10:07 PM
1.33 intercourses per hour
Well yes only 1.33 of those per hour but can we assume only 1 partner per encounter...you can't even imagine what goes on when the evil incarnation of illicit sex goes back home to the Lower Planes...or can you?

Olorin Maia
2009-07-13, 10:53 PM
No, thanks. If there was more than one person, would each count as an encounter, or would the whole thing be one? Then only four times would be a rather small amount.

Zeitgeist
2009-07-13, 11:27 PM
My goodness, people. I don't know how you can believe that having sex four times in 3 hours is normal. You guys must have incredible stamina.

HamsterOfTheGod
2009-07-13, 11:35 PM
My goodness, people. I don't know how you can believe that having sex four times in 3 hours is normal. You guys must have incredible stamina.

What you've never heard of doctor recommended, clinically proven, 100% safe, all natural, money back guaranteed male enhancements...

Morquard
2009-07-14, 01:17 AM
No, thanks. If there was more than one person, would each count as an encounter, or would the whole thing be one? Then only four times would be a rather small amount.

Spoiler for those that could be offended:
:sabine:: Well I had sex four times while I was gone
:nale:: What? You had sex with four people in 3 hours
:sabine:: Now don't be silly honey, who said I had sex with only four people? It was... <counts silently> sixteen, seventeen,... Would you count a demon occtupus as one or eight
:nale:: <thunk>
:sabine:: Honey?!

So, who wants to draw the picture to this? :)

Olorin Maia
2009-07-14, 01:37 AM
A demon octopus, huh? Ya know, Morquard, you might need some therapy. Or maybe I do. Whatever, at least the internet is keeping me amused.

Morquard
2009-07-14, 01:44 AM
A demon octopus, huh? Ya know, Morquard, you might need some therapy. Or maybe I do. Whatever, at least the internet is keeping me amused.
What? I did not come up with that!
Here: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0478.html

Olorin Maia
2009-07-14, 01:55 AM
I am much, much less comfortable with this topic now. I had the...scale slightly off. I think I need to purge my brain.

Jan Mattys
2009-07-14, 02:20 AM
Spoiler for those that could be offended:
:sabine:: Well I had sex four times while I was gone
:nale:: What? You had sex with four people in 3 hours
:sabine:: Now don't be silly honey, who said I had sex with only four people? It was... <counts silently> sixteen, seventeen,... Would you count a demon occtupus as one or eight
:nale:: <thunk>
:sabine:: Honey?!

So, who wants to draw the picture to this? :)

Ok... this made me laugh :smallbiggrin:

Morquard
2009-07-14, 02:30 AM
I am much, much less comfortable with this topic now. I had the...scale slightly off. I think I need to purge my brain.
Sabine is a shapeshifter, she can possibly uhm... adjust to the size difference. In one way or another. I leave the exact details to the reader's mind

pita
2009-07-14, 05:13 AM
I have a new theory, guys...
I think that
Sabine is Chaotic Evil

Thanatosia
2009-07-14, 05:25 AM
Well, if the Rules of Random Encounters (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0145.html) apply to Sexual Encounters, then she would have had to have a single encounter with 4 people..... or half a fiendish Octopus (but that only makes sense if she has a japanese version of her Sexy Schoolgirl Costume (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0349.html).)

Olorin Maia
2009-07-14, 01:25 PM
This entire thread is awful and hysterical at the same time.

A real question, though; can a shapshifter change size classes? I assumed that she would have to stay about the same size, but I have no idea. It would make her errands much faster if she could change into an ABD and have that huge flight per turn.

Optimystik
2009-07-14, 01:37 PM
This entire thread is awful and hysterical at the same time.

A real question, though; can a shapshifter change size classes? I assumed that she would have to stay about the same size, but I have no idea. It would make her errands much faster if she could change into an ABD and have that huge flight per turn.

Nope. Their Change Shape ability is Small or Medium (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/demon.htm) only.

The Extinguisher
2009-07-14, 05:19 PM

We're on the internet. People exaggerate a lot.

Olorin Maia
2009-07-14, 05:27 PM
We're on the internet. People exaggerate a lot.

I DO NOT EXAGGERATE, EVER!!!! In my internet, the average is one thousand times a second!

Draxonicar
2009-07-14, 06:34 PM

The wizard Merlin is part Succubus......, according to that article...

Niiiiiiiiiice:smallwink:

HamsterOfTheGod
2009-07-14, 07:08 PM
The wizard Merlin is part Succubus...
Which part?

Ridureyu
2009-07-14, 07:28 PM
Well, a wizard's staff has a knob on its end...

Bibliomancer
2009-07-14, 08:02 PM
Everyone gets tired eventually.

Orcus: "Hey guys, I don't really feel like raising the legions of the dead to conquer the material plane today. Scrubs is on."

No...a demon lord (at least, Orcus post-reincarnation) would say "Alright guys, Scrubs is on. Let's conquer a plane with HDTV.

Well, if the Rules of Random Encounters (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0145.html) apply to Sexual Encounters, then she would have had to have a single encounter with 4 people..... or half a fiendish Octopus (but that only makes sense if she has a japanese version of her Sexy Schoolgirl Costume (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0349.html).)

What kind of self-respecting (or self-disrespecting, depending on your point of view) succubus obeys rules?

Well, a wizard's staff has a knob on its end...

Gotta love discworld quotes.

Rhuna_Coppermane
2009-07-14, 09:50 PM

More than possible if you're young & enthusiastic.

stabbybelkar
2009-07-14, 10:25 PM
You know, when I first read that strip I thought that :sabine: ment A but in retrospect I realize she ment B.