PDA

View Full Version : Champions Online

Hunter Noventa
2009-07-13, 07:54 AM
So as the release of this game draws closer (now that I know when it's actually coming out), I have to wonder who else is looking forward to this game? I personally played WoW for several years and City of Heroes for about a year, which, while both good games, had limitations of their own.

I'm very much looking forward to the level of customization available, not to mention the fact that not only do you not have a pre-defined class, but you get to create your own nemesis as well, apparently.

What about the rest of the playground? And for the unaware, you can check out the game here. (http://www.champions-online.com/)

Dogmantra
2009-07-13, 08:25 AM
Is there any news on the subscription fee front? If there's no fee, I will most certainly be buying it. If the fee is a couple of quid a month, I might.

Connor Darkdart
2009-07-13, 08:27 AM
Sadly I can't talk about it because of NDA. I have several opinions to give on the game, but can't for fear of the mighty NDA gods.

Athaniar
2009-07-13, 10:08 AM
I'll definitely try it. It sounds very interesting, and if they haven't been lying, it'll have an amazing degree of customization.

Hunter Noventa
2009-07-13, 02:17 PM
Sadly I can't talk about it because of NDA. I have several opinions to give on the game, but can't for fear of the mighty NDA gods.

That ought to be lifted soon enough, considering people who pre-order get a beta code.

The most important question though, I'm sure you can answer...is it FUN?

Also as to fees, there will certainly be one, likely $15/month, on par with every other MMO.

And I don't know what kind of hero to make first honestly...sword-swinging badass who smites evil, or power armored badass who explodes evil.

Connor Darkdart
2009-07-13, 02:22 PM
That ought to be lifted soon enough, considering people who pre-order get a beta code.

The most important question though, I'm sure you can answer...is it FUN?

Also as to fees, there will certainly be one, likely $15/month, on par with every other MMO.

And I don't know what kind of hero to make first honestly...sword-swinging badass who smites evil, or power armored badass who explodes evil.

Grgh. I want to answer but the fact is that I can't give that sort of yes or no answer without backing it up, which I CANT DO, gawddamit fronk.

Also, you may be incorrect there, fairly often there is a clause within the NDA which says you may not talk about it during OR after the beta has finished. Even once the program is released I may not be able to talk about it. Its a sort of don't tell people how we screwed up thing

EDIT: I lie, after reading the NDA (which to my understandment is publicly available and therefore okay for me to reference) it says:

3. Term. This Agreement begins on the day you agree to these terms and conditions and continues in effect up until the initial commercial release of the Game, unless terminated earlier by you or Cryptic Studios. Cryptic Studios retains the option to terminate the Preview Program, your Preview rights and/or this Agreement for any reason at any time or for no reason with or without notice to you. At any time, you can end your participation in the Preview Program through opting-out of it. When your Preview rights and/or this Agreement are terminated by you or Cryptic Studios, you must destroy all copies of the Game and its related documentation as well as the Confidential Information in your possession or control, and remove all portions of the Game from any hard drives upon which you installed it. Your obligations under Paragraphs 5, 6 and 7 and the rights of Cryptic Studios (and its affiliates, publishing partners, licensors and licensees) under this Agreement will persist notwithstanding any termination of this Agreement.

To seperate the part thats important:

3. Term. This Agreement begins on the day you agree to these terms and conditions and continues in effect up until the initial commercial release of the Game, unless terminated earlier by you or Cryptic Studios.

That means once the game is publicly available I may jibber jabber all I like.

Hunter Noventa
2009-07-13, 10:10 PM
Ah, that's a shame. I guess we'll find out on 9/1 then.

KBF
2009-07-15, 12:43 AM
That means once the game is publicly available I may jibber jabber all I like.

...That long? Aww.

Sorry guys. NDA and all.