View Full Version : Menagarie!

Yakk
2009-07-13, 09:15 AM
This needs fleshing out, but it would be sort of funny:

Ranger | Shaman Multiclass Druid
1: Hybrid Talent (Ranger Beast Pet).
[...] (including 3 power swap MC feats)
11: Paragon Multiclass Druid

The result: you have your ranger pet, your shaman spirit companion, and yourself in animal form.

Plus, both Shamans and Druids have summoning and conjuration spells. You could single-handedly saturate an entire battlefield with animals! (and spirits of animals)

I'm wondering if we can make the build actually effective. Being able to saturate a good chunk of the battlefield with allies who take OAs at enemies going by isn't that bad. It gets tricky trying to control them all -- but on a move action, you can move the Ranger Beast, yourself, and the Spirit companion all at once.

Action budget remains a problem. There are feats and powers that help with it, but ...

It would be a Dex/Wisdom build -- an elf or a shifter would be best. Toss spare points at character creation into constitution for fortitude defence and some secondary shaman effects, maybe.

Vorpal word
2009-07-13, 01:47 PM
This reminds of a character one of my friends was going to build but never did, which he called Giovanni (Pokemon reference).

Basically, he was a sorcerer who used his Leadership feat to get animalistic extraplanar creatures (I think Slaadi or elementals) as cohort and followers. In addition to his familiar, of course.

My improvement: An ex-paladin/ranger/sorcerer/blackguard with Leadership. If you count the total with maximum possibilities:

-Sorcerer's (rat) familiar
-Ranger's (dire bat) animal companion
-Blackguard's (skeleton) undead companion
-Blackguard's (fiendish monkey) fiendish servant
-Use Leadership to get awakened animals... :D

For you Pokemon fans out there, it's raticate+golbat+marowak+Dark aipom+?
(the ? being probably a persian (cat rogue) and maybe one follower).

Yakk
2009-07-13, 01:50 PM
Hmm. Arcane could work!

Screw the Druid.

Hybrid Ranger | Shaman -> Paragon Multiclass Wizard!

Hybrid Talent Ranger Beast.
Familiar Feat.

With 2 feats, that gives you 3 mobile allies on the battlefield. Both the Shaman and Ranger one can do OAs.

Get lots of daily summons and conjurations from Shaman and Wizard. Use Wizard and Shaman feats to boost up your increasing bag-o-summons. Grab the Wizard tome implement feature for summoning.

Once again, you do run into action budget problems. But you also end up putting out lots of OA control.