PDA

View Full Version : D20 mecha

SSGoW
2009-07-13, 11:13 AM
so is this its own system or is it a supplement to BESM? i googled it and yet i keep comming up with ads and other less than helpful items..

if it is its own system then how good is it? would it be somthing like a gundam type campy?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-07-13, 11:15 AM
so is this its own system or is it a supplement to BESM? i googled it and yet i keep comming up with ads and other less than helpful items..

if it is its own system then how good is it? would it be somthing like a gundam type campy?

It's a supplement to d20 Modern available for free on the WotC site (just find the d20 Modern SRD download section). It's a decent system that can be used for the campy (Gundam and so forth) or the decidedly less campy (Mechwarrior and the like).

It's quite enjoyable. I'd recommend taking a look.

SSGoW
2009-07-13, 11:30 AM

Zeta Kai
2009-07-13, 11:43 AM
I tried to find it on the WotC site, but I could not. Does anyone have a link?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-07-13, 11:48 AM
Here's the d20 SRD (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/msrd)

Scroll down to "Future" and select "Mecha."

Although it's possible that d20 Mecha is a seperate product I'm not aware of. Either way, the d20 Future Mecha system is pretty good.

T.G. Oskar
2009-07-13, 01:15 PM
I'd say it's a pretty decent system, despite the lack of certain things that would make the campaign a bit more...epic, so to say *coughcoughSuperRobotshackwheezeSpiritCommandscoug hcough*

It works pretty well with the existing rules of constructs, up to the extra HP, hardness and whatnot. However, it seemingly has a limited amount of weaponry, and the sizes are a bit down to Earth (considering that most famous mecha are around the Colossal size)

yilduz
2009-07-13, 01:32 PM
My gaming group used it as a supplement to BESM, and it worked very well. It's an incredible system and makes for a lot of fun. You can use it for more than just gundams, though. Once we realized that, everyone in the party took a level of mecha pilot because it's so useful. We had two mecha pilots as it was, one with a giant mech and one with a mechanized body suit. The rest of us made cars, jets, and other vehicles, mostly.

If you're going to play BESM d20, I'd say definitely get this book.

YPU
2009-07-13, 02:22 PM
Fantasy flight used to make mechamorphosis I think. A game of d20 tranformers in their line of horizon games. (exploring new styles of games)

Zeta Kai
2009-07-13, 09:30 PM
Here's the d20 SRD (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/msrd)

Scroll down to "Future" and select "Mecha."

TYVM, good sir.