PDA

View Full Version : psicrystal question (3.5)

wizuriel
2009-07-13, 12:00 PM
confused how the psicrystral levels for my psion character. It mentions it follows the monster entry with a few exceptions. The monster entry mention its "As masters HD (hp 1/2 masters)". so does this mean it gains it gains hit dice when I level just the result is half what I roll?

also since it has a reasonable intelligence and uses owner skill points I can use it to help with knowledge and other skill checks (as long as both trained)?

The Glyphstone
2009-07-13, 12:06 PM
Yes, by RAW, if you are a 10th level Psion, you have a 10HD psicrystal. It uses your total HP/2 though, and your saving throws, so the only benefit it gets is the fact that it can technically pick its own feats.

Just like familiars, psicrystals can indeed conduct Aid Another checks to help you with your skill checks, and often do.

Meat Shield
2009-07-13, 12:07 PM
This (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/classes/psion.htm#psicrystals) is actually fairly well at explaining psicrystals

Starbuck_II
2009-07-13, 12:44 PM
confused how the psicrystral levels for my psion character. It mentions it follows the monster entry with a few exceptions. The monster entry mention its "As masters HD (hp 1/2 masters)". so does this mean it gains it gains hit dice when I level just the result is half what I roll?

also since it has a reasonable intelligence and uses owner skill points I can use it to help with knowledge and other skill checks (as long as both trained)?

Yes, It gains HD (but not hps, those are 1/2 your max), BAB, saves, etc.

Yuki Akuma
2009-07-13, 01:05 PM
The HD rules for familiars and psicrystals are mainly to prevent a level 20 Wizard/Psion's little buddy from getting killed by a stray enervation.

(Actually, that's just the reason familiars have HD. Psicrystals are immune to death effects, as they're constructs. Psicrystals have HD because familiars have HD and they just copied the familiar rules and put in a few flavour-specific changes.)

Myrmex
2009-07-13, 01:30 PM
The HD rules for familiars and psicrystals are mainly to prevent a level 20 Wizard/Psion's little buddy from getting killed by a stray enervation.

(Actually, that's just the reason familiars have HD. Psicrystals are immune to death effects, as they're constructs. Psicrystals have HD because familiars have HD and they just copied the familiar rules and put in a few flavour-specific changes.)

Does Blaspheme count as a death effect?