PDA

View Full Version : Wadledo's Expanded Incarnum Notebook

wadledo
2009-07-13, 03:39 PM
This is my attempt to fix some of the problems I have with (or things I think are missing from) the Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 splat-book, Magic of Incarnum.

There will be three sections:

1. Miscellaneous
This will include templates, items, feats, and soulmelds, as well as fixes to alternate rules that didn't include Incarnum (such as taint, sanity, and bloodlines).

2. Creatures of Incarnum
This is where new races, monsters, and reduxes for old monsters and races using Incarnum will go.

3. Adventurers of Incarnum
This will include all base classes, prestige classes, and racial substitutions.

If you want to be included in this endeavor, please PM me and I'll add whatever you wish.
Lets get started, shall we?:smallamused:

1. Miscellaneous

Templates:Essentic Creature

Seemingly no different from others of their kind, essentic creatures harbor great spiritual might.

Monsters who naturally possess essentia are not found as essentic creatures. Essentic creatures are freaks among their kind, otherwise normal creatures whose souls are more open to the movements of energy than those of their fellows. Similarly, creatures who advance by character class are usually not essentic creatures—they simply take levels in an Incarnium class to hone their powers.

Creating A Essentic Creature

“Essentic” is an inherited template that can be added to any nonmindless creature that does not already have the incarnum subtype (referred to hereafter as the “base creature”). A essetic creature uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.

Size and Type
The creature’s type does not change, unless it is an animal (in which case it becomes a magical beast [augmented animal]). It gains the incarnum subtype.

Special Qualities
A essentic creature has all the special qualities of the base creature, plus the following special qualities.

Naturally Attuned
A essentic creature gains Essentia and Soulmelds at the rate indicated below, though it may not bind any of these Soulmelds to a Chakra without the use of feats or class levels. The essentia granted by this template still follows the Essetia Capacity rules, found on pg. 19 of the MoI, and the Soulmeld maximums as out lined on pg. 20 of the MoI. These soulmelds can be taken from any list.

{table]HD|Soulmelds|Essentia
1-2|0|1
3-4|1|2
5-6|1|3
7-8|2|4
9-10|2|5
11-12|3|6
13-14|3|7
15-16|4|8
17-18|4|9
19-20|5|10[/table]

Spell Resistance (Ex)
A essentic creature has spell resistance equal to its Hit Dice +10.

Abilities
Increase from the base creature as follows: Con +4, Wis +2, Cha +2.

Feats
An essentic creature can take incarnum feats, if it meets the prerequisites for such feats.

Challenge Rating
Up to 5 HD, same as base creature +1; 6-10 HD, same as base creature +2; 11+ HD, same as base creature +3.

Level Adjustment
Same as base creature +2.

Variant Rules: Feats:
This Variant is suggested for any DM who has Magic of Incarnum.

All feats presented in Magic of Incarnum except for Incarnum Resistance are considered Incarnum Feats.

Effect: This simply makes the feat Incarnum-Fortified Body and the Soulborn base class a smidgen better. The Soulborn can now choose feats like Bonus Essentia, Split Chakra, and the Open *Blank* Chakra feats to get more use out of his essentia.

wadledo
2009-07-13, 03:40 PM
2. Creatures of Incarnum
Incarnum Dragon

The Incarnum Dragon presented in Magic of Incarnum is a formidable foe, but not nearly on the scale of it's brethren. This redux is the same as the one presented in the book, exept for presented here.

Meldshaping Ability: Each day, it can shape a number of soulmelds equal to its age category. Its meldshaper level equals twice its age category, and the maximum essentia capacity of its soulmelds is one-half its age category (rounded up). The incarnum dragons essentia pool increases with its age, as given on the Incarnum Dragon Abilities by Age Table (changes below).

Chakra Binds: Begining at young age, an incarnum dragon can bind a single soulmeld to its crown chakra. The number of binds and the different chakras that the incarnum dragon can have them bound to are detailed in the table below.

{table]Age|Special Abilities|Essentia
Wyrmling|Meldshaping|1
Very young|--|2
Young|Crown chakra|4
Juvenile|Feet chakra|7
Young adult|Hands chakra, DR 5/magic|10
Adult|Arms chakra|13
Mature adult|Brow chakra, DR 10/magic|17
Old|Shoulders chakra|21
Very old|Throat chakra, DR 15/magic|25
Ancient|Waist chakra, Consume soulmeld|29
Wyrm|Heart chakra, DR 20/magic|34
Great wyrm|Soul chakra|40[/table]

wadledo
2009-07-13, 03:42 PM
To be filled shortly

SilveryCord
2009-07-13, 06:54 PM
I love Incarnum! I agree with the [incarnum] feat variant. Can't wait to see what gets put together for this one.