PDA

View Full Version : Selling my 4e books..

Stanfield22
2009-07-13, 04:47 PM
Hey all... I feel preeetty bad posting this here, but I don't really know what else to do.

I bought the brand new 4th ed. starter set (DM Guide, Monster Manual, Player's Handbook) and it's been perused less than a dozen times... I tried it, but I'm a 3.5er.

If anyone's interested, feel free to get in touch with me. I'm in the Toronto area.

And for those who are offended by me posting this, I'm terribly, TERRIBLY sorry. For real.

Alteran
2009-07-13, 04:53 PM
And for those who are offended by me posting this, I'm terribly, TERRIBLY sorry. For real.

Nobody should be offended. You don't like 4e...so what? I like 4e, you don't. Nothing to get offended about, it's just personal preference. There's no need to be sorry.

I'm also in the Toronto area, but I own all of those books. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Mordokai
2009-07-13, 04:55 PM
Eh, I've done the same. Don't feel bad about it. Like Alteran said, not your cup of tea.

erikun
2009-07-13, 05:01 PM
Yeah, I agree with Alteran. You don't like the product; that's perfectly okay. You really shouldn't have to feel sorry for preferring something else to 4E.

Best of luck selling.

oxybe
2009-07-13, 05:02 PM
i've seen worse ways to say "4th ed's not my cup of tea". s'cool.

Tough_Tonka
2009-07-13, 05:41 PM
Too bad I live in the Dallas area I could use an extra players Handbook for a cheaper price. Currently my group of 5 people has only 2 PHBs

RTGoodman
2009-07-13, 06:04 PM
One thing you could look into is Amazon. In the US I know you have to have a checking account to sell on there, but if you've got that it's VERY easy to sell stuff. You probably won't make back what you spent, but you'll probably get some decent cash if they're still in good condition.

If not, check with (1) your local gaming store, to see if they give cash or store credit for books, or (2) your local used books store, who'll probably give you cash for them. (Probably about half of what you'd get on Amazon, which is how I've seen most used books stores determine THEIR price.)

Yakk
2009-07-13, 06:12 PM
Have you tried cragslist or kijjiji or whatever?

Surfing HalfOrc
2009-07-13, 06:19 PM
eBay can be your friend here as well. Or even your local hobby shop. Sometimes.

Most hobby shops prefer to have customers buy everything new, but more than a few realize that the guy who spent only a little on used core ends up spending a lot on everything else.

FoE
2009-07-13, 06:23 PM
4E is not for everyone. :smallsmile:

At least you didn't come in here screaming "BLARGH 4E IS NOT D&D BLARGH." Unlike some people.

Roland St. Jude
2009-07-13, 07:14 PM
Sheriff: Sorry you bought something you didn't like. But, GitP is not a used bookstore. Thread locked.