PDA

View Full Version : The titles in the archive list

jlvm4
2009-07-13, 09:37 PM
Hi

I started reading late in the game and find the titles for each strip number that are listed on the archive page tremendously funny sometimes. Clearly Rich thinks hard on them. Does anyone know why he doesn't include them on the actual strip itself along with the number?

In other words, why is a strip titled #668 rather than #668 Moving the Pieces on its comic page?

I know it's a bit random, but I was curious.

:smallsmile:

Logalmier
2009-07-13, 09:48 PM
Uh, he does?:smallconfused: Right next to Order of the Stick 668, it says the comics name.

moondog
2009-07-13, 09:50 PM
i'm sure it's something to do with posting to the website, as the books have the number with the title printed at the bottom of each page.

Berserk Monk
Does anyone know why he doesn't include them on the actual strip itself along with the number?

Maybe it's because it would take up too much space on the page (not to mention it would be distracting).

The Blackbird
Uh, he does?:smallconfused: Right next to Order of the Stick 668, it says the comic name.

He means on the page the comic is on.

Blackjackg
2009-07-13, 09:51 PM
That's just the format he decided on, I guess. Number goes at the top of the page, but title only goes in the index (and the initial link from the main page, of course). I don't think there's any particular motive for that scheme.

jlvm4
2009-07-13, 09:51 PM
Uh, he does?:smallconfused: Right next to Order of the Stick 668, it says the comic name.

I must be blind, but I'm not seeing it. I'm not talking about on the archive list, nor the side menu bar, but the comic page itself. When my browser loads all I see is "The Order of the Stick #668 (or whatever number) on the top left and by Rich Burlew on the top right. Do you know how I'd get it to show the title?

Thanks

jlvm4
2009-07-13, 09:54 PM
Uh, he does?:smallconfused: Right next to Order of the Stick 668, it says the comics name.

BTW-I'm a girl. Just didn't have any female ranger avatars to choose from when I signed up. :smallsmile:

Blackjackg
2009-07-13, 09:55 PM
BTW-I'm a girl. Just didn't have any female ranger avatars to choose from when I signed up. :smallsmile:

You might want to keep that quiet. You know lonely men roam these forums... :smallbiggrin:

Olorin Maia
2009-07-13, 10:01 PM
Yea, Mr. Shawn of the Dead, here, he gets a little anxious sometimes. Just hit him on the nose, he'll leave you alone.

Berserk Monk
2009-07-13, 10:02 PM

That's relevant how?:smallconfused: (not that I'm trying to be insulting)

You might want to keep that quiet. You know lonely men roam these forums... :smallbiggrin:

I don't think "men" is a right word for most of the males on this (or most other) forums. I think the word you meant is "man-children."

Blackjackg
2009-07-13, 10:03 PM
That's relevant how?:smallconfused: (not that I'm trying to be insulting)

The poster she quoted refered to her as "he."

EDIT: No wait, he didn't. But I can see how she might think he did.

The Blackbird
2009-07-13, 10:04 PM
I don't think "men" is a right word for most of the males on this (or most other) forums. I think the word you meant is "man-children."

I want to sig this, well not really. But for some reason I want to. But I won't

NerfTW
2009-07-14, 11:23 AM
I must be blind, but I'm not seeing it. I'm not talking about on the archive list, nor the side menu bar, but the comic page itself. When my browser loads all I see is "The Order of the Stick #668 (or whatever number) on the top left and by Rich Burlew on the top right. Do you know how I'd get it to show the title?

Thanks

You're not blind, he's referring to the most recent comic listed on the sidebar. But that doesn't help when going through the archives.

Yoyoyo
2009-07-14, 11:42 AM

Lonely? I like to think of myself as personally challenged.

Mc. Lovin'
2009-07-14, 02:32 PM
It's prolly one of those things he keeps as an added part for the compilations, like the typo fixes