PDA

View Full Version : Sword chucks

Jibar
2005-10-08, 08:13 AM
Can anyone give me stats for sword chucks, featsrequired and such like,
My attempt ended up with my players abusing it, they got around 10d20 each round and I sitll can't work out how...

Nasrudith
2005-10-08, 10:34 AM
Okay how about this tactic with them?
Swordchunks
Exotic weapon
1d8 damage per attack.
Sword chunks are two handed weapons, however for every one orignal attack three attacks are made against the enemy. All attacks that miss are made again, only against your flatfooted armor is made against you.. You also take 1d4 damage from gripping the edge of a sword if you don't have gaunlets on. Do hit with every attack. -2 diplomacy checks because you look like an idioit for using such a stupid weapon until they see you using it combat effectivly. If somone else is using swordchunks you can use your attacks to parry instad. Opposed attacks are made against each other, if the defender matches or gets higher then the opponet the sword chuck is blocked and attacks the opponet, if not it hits as normally.
Example 1: Sword chucker uses sword chuks aginst a dragon.
He hits with one attacks but misses for two. The missed two are rolled again and one hits the fighter and the other bounces off his plate mail.
Example 2: Two sword chuckers fihgt each other, one defends himself insead. The defender rollls high and the attacker's attacks are defelected back at the attacker.
Feat: Not Killing yourself.
You gain +4 armor for the purpose of getting hit with your own sword chucks.

CharPixie
2005-10-08, 10:37 AM
Either same as spiked chain, but slashing, or same as double sword? Or, as a move action, they switch between the two stats!

Old_el_Paso
2005-10-08, 02:57 PM
Do you mean like nunchaku with swords on them, or two blades attached by a chain?

Everyman
2005-10-08, 04:34 PM
What the...10d20s? What kind of weapon uses the d20 for damage? :o

Well, I'd see the weapon as Exotic, requiring your have Exotic Weapon Prof (Swordchuck). The weapon itself would probably work like this...

Swordchucks (Two-handed Melee Weapon)
Cost: 85 gp (Cost of two bastard swords and chain)
Damage: (S) 1d6, (M) 1d8
Critical: X2
Weight: 15 lbs
Damage: Slashing
Appearance: Two bastard swords attached by a 5 ft. chain. The blades themselves look a bit smaller and lighter than usual.
(EDIT: Originally had 10 ft reach. Changed it to 5 ft)

Swordchucks have a reach, so you can strike opponents 5 feet away with it. In addition, unlike most other weapons with reach, it can be used against an adjacent foe.

If you do not have two free hands when wielding swordchucks (one to hold the shaft of one blade, the other to control the chain), you take a -2 penalty to your attack and damage roll and may not confirm a critical hit, due to its awkward nature.

You may choose to wield the two sword aspects of the weapon as two bastard swords, allowing you to make an extra attack. However, you take normal penalities for wielding two weapons and move only at half speed, due to the dragging chain impeding your movement.

You can make trip attacks with the chain. If you are tripped during your own trip attempt, you can drop the chain to avoid being tripped.

When using swordchucks, you get a +2 bonus on opposed attack rolls made to disarm an opponent (including the roll to avoid being disarmed if such an attempt fails).

You can use the Weapon Finesse feat to apply your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier to attack rolls with swordchucks sized for you, even though it isn't a light weapon.

As you might notice, it works a lot like a spiked chain, but with some alterations. With this weapon, I'd want the Exotic WP, Two-weapon Fighting feats, and maybe Weapon Finesse

Renloth
2005-10-08, 07:54 PM
Do you mean like nunchaku with swords on them, or two blades attached by a chain?

Two Blades attached by a chain.

As seen in 8-Bit Theater.

http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010815

Sword-Chucks Yo!

Seffbasilisk
2005-10-08, 08:51 PM
So no handle.

Swordchucks (Two-handed Melee/Reach Weapon)
Cost: 75 gp (Cost of two bastard swords and chain -10 for no handles)
Damage: (S) 1d10, (M) 1d12
Critical: X4
Weight: 15 lbs
Damage: Slashing
Appearance: Two bastard sword blades attached by a 2 ft. chain. The blades themselves look a bit smaller and lighter than usual.
10ft reach.

Swordchucks have a reach, so you can strike opponents 10 feet away with it. But to use as a reach you roll 1d4 each round that you're using it. In addition, unlike most other weapons with reach, it can be used against an adjacent foe.

-2 to all rolls. Can be used as a one handed weapon with monkey grip.

When using swordchucks, you get a +2 bonus on opposed attack rolls made to disarm an opponent (including the roll to avoid being disarmed) but take 1d4 if you are disarmed.

You can use the Weapon Finesse feat to apply your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier to attack rolls with swordchucks sized for you, even though it isn't a light weapon.

Sword chucks can be thrown like a bola for 1/2 damage and entangling (Escape artist DC 15 to escape, STR check DC: 35 to break)

Something like that I'd say.