PDA

View Full Version : Taverna Generica 17: Sweeter than 16!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

The Bushranger
2009-07-14, 03:38 PM
Taverna Generica

"Θα θέλατε ένα ποτό;"
TAVERNA: Teh Acronym's Victoriously Extraordinary Realm of Nice Alcohol Yes, The is not normally included. Hence, "teh"
or
PUB: Place of Uberous Bavardage Credit for that to Blue Umbrella for that particular Acronym

Reasoning for this thread: Townies complained that ACRONYM players and characters were intruding, destroying their plots, and generally making a nuisance of themselves. This thread (and perhaps others that may follow in its vain) are by no means trying to replace town, but are trying to offer ACRONYM players the chance to show their characters off in a non-ACRONYM base environment. In the same way, we are in no way saying that because this thread is here, it will stop ACRONYM players from using the Town. We also remind Townies that we are not saying you cannot post here. Yet, we dissuade you from doing so.

Before you stands a stout, heavy building, constructed from dark, grey stones, with crossbeams latticing neatly across the foundation, up to the heavy wooden, and thatched, roof above. An inn sign hangs outside, eroded by age, the image undecipherable, the name withered: TAVERNA GENERICA.
On the front door, someone, seeming recently, has inscribed the words Enjoy your time! Someone has also hung a sign, offering ACRONYMers work in the bar, permanently, though, in reality, you'll have to work your way up.
The tavern is in walking distance from any Acronym organisations, and other major Acronym landmarks, such as Freedom Glades (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100185) (where the portal to Town currently is). This, I stress most heavily, is not to be abused so you can run amok. It is so characters with no teleport capabilities can come to the inn. Yes, it makes no sense, considering that the organisations are miles apart, in some cases, even further, with environmental hazards, etc. It just is. Should I receive complaints that this is being abused, this shall be edited away.

Inside, there is a large bar area, capable of seating at least one hundred people, with tables, big and heavy, and dark red leather chairs, aged yet comfy, littered about in a disorganised style. Old, oil paintings, of landscapes and battles, are hung randomly about the place, and a roaring fire constantly blazes to one side, nicely illuminating the baby grand piano, and well-worn dartboard. Shuttered windows look out onto the streets outside. Behind the bar, an assortment of NPCs man the bar, all middle-aged, pot-bellied men, with bad body odour, and too much stubble and wart issues. The occasional good-time girl (legal), and, recently, boy (legal) (working as a bar wench/manwench) also serves as a bar(wo)man at times, many are rather too old or ugly to be of much use to the refined ACRONYMer, though. And, still further behind them, are the drinks, many hundreds of thousands of them, ranging from the mundane, to the mystic. From the bar, one can also buy typical bar foodstuffs, like pork scratchings, and dragon-flavoured nuts and kettle chips. One can also order proper food, in dizzying variety, from the kitchen, at rather high prices. By the bar, a sign reads "No Wanton Telepathy or Reality-Warping, Please.". The only regular barmaid/hostess/front-of-house is Yasmin Lewis (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5425975&postcount=75). Beside the bar is a noticeboard, currently displaying an advert (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5961357&postcount=1426) for the nearby time and dimesional travel service, Time Tours, a posh flyer for Restaurant Enchanté (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101576) and a simple note for Professional Services (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5724307&postcount=22).
Behind the bar is a large kitchen area, designed to cater for large functions, staffed by unnamed NPC slaves and servants. The technology in the kitchen has been imported from another dimension, there are incinerators, ovens, microwaves, and fridges, unlike the typical level of technology in this dimensional quadrant.

Beneath the kitchen and bar area, accessible through a hidden staircase, lies the gigantic, mysterious wine cellar, filled with ancient drinks, and age-old graffiti, filled with dust, and the occasional pair (or more) making hot nookie beside the bottles, barrels, fine clarets, pure Chardonnays, vintage burgundies, and other fine wines...
Above the bar and kitchen, for three floors up, lie rooms, varying in taste and decor, available as homes, and as places to stay the night. There are NPC cleaners who circulate among the rooms every few days or so, to clean up after the notoriously dirty ACRONYMers.
There's a small stables outside, where horses, ponies, and smaller mounts can be stored, and the NPC stableboys are perfectly capable of sending larger mounts and vehicles to other, larger, holding places off-site, when required to. A hire service working from the stables can send off for rentable mounts, but there is an NPC heavy warhorse stored there, by the name of Cookie, created by Kaela, who can be rented for dramatic entrances, and the like, for a much more modest price.

The only spells on the inn are ones that prevent alcohol from being watered down, and another that stops the entire inn being destroyed. Portals, and teleports, are perfectly allowed within, though frowned upon if they appear in places where they're not wanted.

IC Rules are as follows:
1. No listening to unhappy songs during happy hour!
2. No killing the staff.
3. No vandalism.
4. No thieving!
5. Not so much a rule, but we'd like to remind customers that we retain the right to refuse and kill customers, and no responsibility can be taken on our part if you're evicted, injured, or killed, by Taverna employees.
6. No drug use.
7. No food and drink brought in from other establishments is to be consumed here without staff permission.
Breaking of the rules may earn ACRONYMers banning from the tavern, or a fine. Or, in certain cases, other ACRONYMers, or NPC policemen and bounty hunters, may be employed to hunt down the nasty, nasty people who broked the rules.

OOC Rules are as follows:
1. No controlling the NPCs to do anything that would be considered unlike them to do. You're permitted to make them serve your character(s) a drink, but no, let's say, make them get drunk and burn the place down. Of course, you could always make it clear your character is mind-controlling them into doing such as thing, for example, but you cannot make them do anything out of the ordinary, and make it seem as if they were doing it out of their own free will. I control the NPCs when I'm online and active here.
2. No destroying the place, or doing something to it that'll produce a similar effect (for example, no placing a massive time freeze on the entire area forever). You're allowed to damage it, but destroying it just takes the fun out of it for all the other players.
3. No godmoding/godmodding. Even if it's permitted in some ACRONYMs, it isn't in others, and therefore shall not be allowed in the taverna. The occasional mishap's OK, repeated offence isn't.
4. Players are allowed to make NPCs speak in whatever tone, colour, and font they so choose, though, in keeping with pre-established tradition, the female NPCs normally speak in orange, the males in gray. If I, the thread runner, am not online, NPCs can be played by anyone.
5. Please try and keep posts longer than one or two lines of speech. Description is appreciated. One-or-two-liners that don't do much are OK once in a while - but not regularly.
6. If you want random smashy hahaN00BlulzFun, here's not the place. Anything spammy, random, or just plain annoying, can go! Of course, if your silliness is in moderation and well-roleplayed, and considerate of other players, then welcome in.
Repeated rule violaters (in nearly all circumstances OOC, but perhaps IC), can be punished by being IC banned from the thread. And therefore OOC banned to, under threat of mod being called to remove you for breaking thread rules.
Any other rules can be submitted by PM, and can be considered. Please bear in mind that the rules of this thread may update. Alerts that updates have been made will be made clear on the rest of the thread.

McBish
2009-07-14, 03:43 PM
Yeah very interesting. I'm an empath. Healing people lets me block out others.

DoomITP
2009-07-14, 03:45 PM
Why does it look like you haven't eaten in weeks?

McBish
2009-07-14, 03:49 PM
I have a fast metabolism, and a low sense of urgency when it comes to hunger. She says turning back to her drink.

DoomITP
2009-07-14, 03:51 PM
It also looks like you don't get any sleep.

McBish
2009-07-14, 03:54 PM
You ever felt the emotions of an entire city in your head. Makes sleep a little difficult. Though the alcohol helps.

DoomITP
2009-07-14, 04:00 PM
Grant smiled sadly.

I might be able to cure you.

McBish
2009-07-14, 04:02 PM
Wouldn't matter. I have enough emotions of my own to keep a normal girl up at night anyways. Besides I was born like this, and I'll die like this, again.

DoomITP
2009-07-14, 04:03 PM
He raises his eyebrows.

Again?

McBish
2009-07-14, 04:07 PM
You my friend are talking to the girl who came back from hell. And now, I think I can get some sleep. Thanks for stabbing yourself. Maybe next time you could break a bone. She waves goodbye and heads upstairs to her room.

((Got to go.))

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-14, 09:01 PM
Meanwhile, a guy in a comically noir trenchcoat and fedora shoves the piano player off his stool and takes his place, seamlessly continuing on where the previous musician left off.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-07-14, 09:07 PM
Zel undeadtimes at the bar, not noticing the switch of pianist.

Reinholdt
2009-07-14, 09:57 PM
Irene enters the tavern and sits down for a glass of well deserved red wine.

Not that it affects her or anything. But sometimes it's worth keeping up the appearances. Never know who you're going to meet.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-07-14, 09:59 PM
Zel finishes of her beer and orders another. She doesn't seem to notice Irene enter.

Reinholdt
2009-07-14, 10:03 PM
Irene takes note of Zel though. Has the aura of a PC about her. Comes with being able to look at fate threads.

She sips her wine before heading over. "Hey there."

KerfuffleMach2
2009-07-14, 10:06 PM
Zel gives her a quick look. Hey.

Reinholdt
2009-07-14, 10:09 PM
"So what do you do around here if you don't mind me asking?"

KerfuffleMach2
2009-07-14, 10:13 PM
Not much. She takes a swig from her bottle. You?

Reinholdt
2009-07-14, 10:15 PM
Bleh. Boring drunkard PC perhaps? Little to do with one of those.

"Nothing of importance."

KerfuffleMach2
2009-07-14, 10:19 PM
Zel smirks a little. That works, I guess. Wonder if Irene will notice the two foot diameter bladed ring strapped to the back of Zel's jacket?

Reinholdt
2009-07-14, 10:20 PM
Not likely. She decides she finds Zel boring and goes off to deadtime instead.

horngeek
2009-07-14, 10:22 PM
A man walks into the Taverna. He has a long coat on, and underneath this is a holster with a sleek pistol in it. He walks up to the bartender. My name's Darnell Walterson, and I was wondering what use the people about this place would have for a private investigator.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-07-14, 10:23 PM
Zel eyes Darnell as he walks in. Then goes back to her drink.

Rebonack
2009-07-14, 10:29 PM
"Evil cauliflower!" Zee exclaims as she bursts in through the door, waving her arms around frantically. "There's something horrible that's going to happen! And it has something to do with evil cauliflower! We're all in terrible danger!"

Feel free to dismiss her as insane.

horngeek
2009-07-14, 10:31 PM
Foutunately for Zee, Darnell has heard stranger things.

... only slightly, though.

Do you want some help dealing with the Evil Cauliflowers?

KerfuffleMach2
2009-07-14, 10:33 PM
Zel raises an eyebrow at Zee, shakes her head a little, and takes a long swig from her beer.

Rebonack
2009-07-14, 10:39 PM
"Ummm..." Zee just peers at the man rather blankly for several awkward moments. "I... I'm not really sure. See, I had a dream in a tree about evil cauliflower doing something terrible. Then I fell on my head."

Another pause as she completely misses how silly this all sounds.

"I'm sure it must be important! Like a premonition or something! 'cuz I usually don't dream like that."

horngeek
2009-07-14, 10:42 PM

If Darnell was an anime character, he'd be sweatdropping right now.

But he's not. Ma'am, have you considered the possibility that you were just dreaming? Not more important than that?

If you're convinced it's not, I'll shoot the Evil Cauliflower for you.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-07-14, 10:44 PM
Zel deadtimes.

Rebonack
2009-07-14, 11:04 PM
People often have that reaction to Zee.

"Oh no, certainly not. See, I don't dream my own dreams. I dream other people's dreams. And when I do dream my own dreams it's always something important," she nods sagely, arms crossed. Then wrinkles her nose. "Though... an evil cauliflower sounds really strange, doesn't it? Though... the Nexus did get attacked by an army of evil muffins once."

horngeek
2009-07-14, 11:15 PM
Darnell looks out the window at the Cauliflower patch.

He pays for a cauliflower.

Then he shoots it. Given this was done with a concentrated shot of superheated gases, the cauliflower explodes.

Is that better, Ma'am?

Rebonack
2009-07-14, 11:25 PM
Zee raises one finger and opens her mouth to reply.

Then closes her mouth and lowers her finger.

Then ponders for several awkward moments.

"I don't think that was the right cauliflower. I mean I-"

Wait.

Waaait for it.

"By Deios, no..." her hands press over her mouth as it hits her.

The gun-slinger may very well find himself seized by the shoulders. "Not cauliflower! Calublufiok! The lich wasn't dead at all! They said he told them where and how to destroy him! It was all a ruse!"

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-14, 11:28 PM
The 'pianist' upon hearing the news, starts playing something suitably ominous.

Darkcomet
2009-07-14, 11:46 PM
DC enters the Taverna, frowning. One might note he has a black dagger in his hand. On the other hand, one might not.

He looks around.

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-14, 11:49 PM
It may be noticed that the replacement pianist is now playing 'Still Alive'.
It may also be noticed that the replacement pianist has no brainwaves.
It may also be noticed that the replacement pianist is very obviously a robot under the hat.

Darkcomet
2009-07-14, 11:51 PM
And DC approaches the 'pianist'.

So, what do you want?

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-14, 11:53 PM
Answer: To catch up.
Statement: I've been away for a while, doing my usual thing. Murder, slaughter, cleverly placed assassinations... And now I'm back here.
Query: How have you been Master?

horngeek
2009-07-14, 11:54 PM
Who the heck is Calublufiok?

Darnell looks at her. Glad to provide the memory jog, by the way.

And why, sir, do you have a dagger?

This is directed to DC.

Darkcomet
2009-07-14, 11:55 PM
I assume you already know the answer to that question, given you somehow delivered that package to GLoG.

He sounds annoyed.

Then Darnell speaks up.

A precaution, if nothing else.

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-14, 11:57 PM
Correction: On the contrary Master Darkcomet, I may know where you live, but that tells me almost nothing about your current status, other than that you are alive.
Query: How are you Master Darkcomet.

Darkcomet
2009-07-14, 11:58 PM
DC scowls. I've been better.

Rebonack
2009-07-15, 12:00 AM
"He's an evil bad-guy who wants to blow up everything!" Zee throws her arms up in the air in a distinctly 'kablewy!' sort of way. "I doubt he'll manage it, but it'll cause terrible suffering in the process. The problem with him is that he's like Doctor Doom with unnecessarily convoluted plots. It makes it hard to thwart him properly."

horngeek
2009-07-15, 12:02 AM
I have an idea.

Shoot him. And then, if it makes you feel better, shoot him again.

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-15, 12:04 AM
Statement of Fact: I see.
Statement: I feel much the same. While the last few months of my life have been very exciting, spreading chaos, starting wars, killing world leaders, (I even shot some guy called 'Ferdinand' in a sandwich parlor and blamed it on the guy next to me, good times... :smallbiggrin:), I've been lacking the same sense of fulfillment that I got when I was here.
Abrupt Change of Conversational Direction: Have you defeated any major villains lately Master? I do enjoy your war stories.

Darkcomet
2009-07-15, 12:06 AM
DC sighs. As of late, no. In fact, one that was supposed to be dead already just came back. Given the conversation in here, I'd guess you knew that already.

Then he deadtimes.

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-15, 12:08 AM
But... but... he didn't even get to reveal his ulterior motives, thereby culminating in the activation of his master plan!
KR-15 deadtimes as well. Yay.

Rebonack
2009-07-15, 12:24 AM
"Ummm..." Zee rubs the back of her neck absently. "Do you know what a lich is? Or what they do, at least? They're an undead wizard, usually. And they keep their soul in a box. Unless you find the box and destroy it they'll just keep coming back."

And if they're smart they made a Clone body before they became a lich. So even if their soul-box gets smashed they'll return to their living clone body.

horngeek
2009-07-15, 12:28 AM
...okay, that makes things a bit more difficult.

Have I introduced myself yet?

McBish
2009-07-15, 12:29 AM
A extremely skinny 21 year old Angie comes down the stairs looking like she just woke up. Her hair and clothes all rumpled and she yawns. She sits down at the bar.

Rebonack
2009-07-15, 01:01 AM
"Nope!" Zee comments cheerfully. "And neither have I!"

Seems as though it isn't too hard to get her mind off topic.

Angie is waved at cheerfully. It is, after all, sort of Zee's thing.

McBish
2009-07-15, 01:06 AM
Angie gives a small tired wave back to Zee. She sits down and gets herself a drink.

horngeek
2009-07-15, 01:11 AM
That was Darnell's intention.

I'm Dernell Walterson. Acolyte of Librion and a guy who can find people, things...

DoomITP
2009-07-15, 07:46 AM
Grant walks into the tavern and sits down in a chair.

McBish
2009-07-15, 10:27 AM
Angie is sitting at a table spinning her dagger on top of it, watching it with an odd fascination. Eventually she gets up and heads outside.

Rebonack
2009-07-15, 02:42 PM
Belated reply of doom!

"I'm Xar'cha Ezekiel Hanna Bath-Manoah," the woman bows formally. And when she rights herself she's grinning rather goofily. "But everyone calls me Zee! Nice ta meetcha' Dernell! So you're good at finding stuff, huh? What about little boxes with eeeeeevil souls inside them?"

McBish
2009-07-15, 02:54 PM
Angie walks back inside carrying her shoes with feet still wet from being at the beach. She is sweating more then when she left the tavern. She sits down and orders herself a drink.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 03:19 PM
After a while, Mercedes comes walking in not having found what she was looking for. She heads to the bar for a drink.

McBish
2009-07-15, 03:21 PM
She should see Maria sitting at the bar on her second drink of the afternoon.

McBish
2009-07-15, 03:23 PM
Whoops that was a typo, meant Angie. Sorry. Maria is outside wandering around.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 03:25 PM
Heh hard to keep them straight.

Mercedes nods to Angie. Much happening in here today?

McBish
2009-07-15, 03:27 PM
((Yeah I used to be better at it. If I can't even keep 2 straight I must be slipping.))

Angie shakes her head. Nope. It's been pretty dull. Angie's shoes are sitting on the table next to her, her feet still a little damp from walking into the ocean awhile ago.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 03:34 PM
Figures. She shrugs. I'm Mercedes.

McBish
2009-07-15, 03:36 PM
And I am Angie. She finishes off her second drink and her sweating and flushness starts to fade away.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 03:38 PM
Been busy doing something? She asks curiously.

McBish
2009-07-15, 03:39 PM
Just trying not to go crazy... crazier. Other then that, drinking too much and making poor life decisions. Why do you ask?

Rebonack
2009-07-15, 03:40 PM
"I'm Zee!" Zee declares cheerfully despite the fact that no one was actually talking to her. Oh that silly Zee...

She's got an open notebook next to her, furiously jotting down... well... notes inside it.

Also on the table is an unassuming looking guinea pig.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 03:40 PM
You look like you've been running around. She points to her shoes and the sweat on her.

McBish
2009-07-15, 03:42 PM
Oh the shoes is from a little walk I took on the beach. The sweat is from some healing I had to do. High fevers really suck.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 03:44 PM
You get fevers from healing? Never heard anything like that. She sips her drink.

McBish
2009-07-15, 03:45 PM
Oh it depends. I take on a bit of the pain that I heal. I heal someone with a fever I get one. Mine just fades quicker. Still sucks though.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 03:47 PM
Sounds like it. No wonder you're drinking.

McBish
2009-07-15, 03:50 PM
It passes the time, and helps me sleep. Really it is very useful, I find it hard to believe that guy who came in all worried about me drinking. She gets yet another drink. I mean it's not the best thing I could be doing but the others are much harder to find.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 03:56 PM
People worry too much around here. Sometimes you just need to drink your day away. She pays for the drink and orders herself another.

DoomITP
2009-07-15, 03:57 PM
Grant walks into the tavern and sits a few seats away from Angie

McBish
2009-07-15, 03:59 PM
See I like the way you think. I mean there's not anything better I should be doing.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 04:01 PM
Most people like the way I think. She winks at her. There are a few better things I could do. Unfortunately, they aren't around here. She chuckles.

McBish
2009-07-15, 04:05 PM
Angie smiles. Yeah I don't have much better to do. I go around every now and then and do my required good deeds and then simply do whatever. She sniffs her drink a bit before taking a big swig of it.

DoomITP
2009-07-15, 04:06 PM
Tired..

He said in a quiet voice. His sword, a copy of the sword of Achillies hung at his waist.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 04:12 PM
You actually enjoy those good deeds? She asks.

McBish
2009-07-15, 04:14 PM
Nope. At least I don't see them with the zeal I did when I was younger. Though she seems pretty young, probably no older then 21. But I still do them. Help's me stay sane.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 04:16 PM
Younger? You are a beautiful young woman in your twenties. You've got plenty of time. Though Mercedes herself only looks twenty-eight or so.

McBish
2009-07-15, 04:20 PM
Oh I know I just figured I would get a jump on being cynical ahead of time. Of course I had some help in that department. And it's been years since I was a zealous do-gooder. But I got recruited into it early.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 04:21 PM
Nothing wrong with being cynical. She chuckles and takes a large drink. I don't see any point in being a 'do gooder' personally. I prefer my other thing.

McBish
2009-07-15, 04:23 PM
Yeah well, you aren't me. Anyways, what is your "other thing"? Angie keeps drinking as well.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 04:28 PM
The other thing I could be doing? She asks coyly. Let's call it 'meeting people.'

DoomITP
2009-07-15, 04:28 PM
Grant laughed slightly at Mercedes.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-15, 04:30 PM
A tall, dark, handsome stranger appears behind Maria, in Mercedes' line of sight. He smirks, an aura of danger radiating from him. He lifts his face so that the redhead can see the scar running down his cheek. His voice is low and rumbly. "Mercedes, dear, could we speak? Privately?"

I dunno what Alexi looks like to Maria.

McBish
2009-07-15, 04:31 PM
Angie also laughs, but in a much less condescending way then Grant probably. She does shoot him a small mean glance though. Yeah, that never held to much interest for me.

DoomITP
2009-07-15, 04:33 PM
Grant snarls and drives the sword into a table on accident.

Oh...I'm gonna have to fix that huh..

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 04:33 PM
Mercedes shivers slightly at Alexi. It does to me, Maria. And you will have to excuse me for a moment. She finishes her drink and turns to Alexi. Where to?

McBish
2009-07-15, 04:36 PM
Meh a attractive male a little bit older then Angie is probably close. She waves goodbye to Mercedes and strange man. She turns back to her drink.

Rebonack
2009-07-15, 04:51 PM
Wait...

Girl that heals people by taking on infirmities...

"Oh! Oooooh! I remember you!" Zee suddenly exclaims, leaping up so quickly that her poor guinea pig is startled pretty well. The animal pin-wheels its legs for a few frictionless moments before careening over the edge of the table. "You're that friend of Erin's!"

Dirk Kris
2009-07-15, 04:54 PM
Tall Dark Alexi narrows his eyes at Mercedes, more or less ignoring Grant and his tantrum. "Anywhere is fine, really."

McBish
2009-07-15, 04:54 PM
Angie nods slowly. I'm surprised anyone remembers. Erin sure didn't.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 04:56 PM
Upstairs then. She is a bit confused at the narrowed eyes but will lead him to her room.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-15, 04:57 PM
Upstairs

Alexi stops in the hallway upstairs. His voice is frightening, arousing. "What do you want from me? Aside from the obvious." He smells like gunpowder.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 04:59 PM
(Upstairs)

To know what you are. She's calm and standing with her arms across her chest.

Rebonack
2009-07-15, 05:01 PM
"That's because we're in anooooother dimeeeension!" Zee wiggles her fingers all spooky-like whilst saying 'another dimension'. "But that didn't stop me from remembering anything. It seems kind of hit and miss. Some people don't remember me at all. Others don't have any trouble with it."

She shrugs.

"I'm really not sure how it works. No real rhyme or reason."

DoomITP
2009-07-15, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I'm fixing it.

Grant says as he takes the sword out of the wood and then begins to fix it.

McBish
2009-07-15, 05:03 PM
Yeah I guessed it was something like that. I think I remember you. Zee right. I remember hearing your name a lot around Town when I was there.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-15, 05:03 PM
Upstairs
Alexi crosses his arms, muscles bulging. "I'm not anything. A projection of what you most want, and I give it because it suits my needs. Is that enough for you?" He glares at her, upset about...something.

Rebonack
2009-07-15, 05:07 PM
"Yep! That's me. I think I was generally well known between my pet-store and the fact that I was one of the few people who actively went out of my way to help out normal folks," Zee wrinkles her nose a bit at the thought of all the NPC abusers around the Nexus. "I think I just ran into you a few times. Never really did get to meet you properly."

DoomITP
2009-07-15, 05:08 PM
Once the table was fixed he sat back and relaxed. He sent his mind looking all over the world to see different things. He couldn't see anything that is invisible or had some way to protect against it, not that he spied on anyone. He would just watch large scale battles and other things that interest him.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 05:10 PM
(Upstairs)

It's more curiosity than anything. Grant was blowing it out of proportion. Why would I do something to hurt someone I have fun with? She steps closer to him. What are you really upset about?

McBish
2009-07-15, 05:13 PM
Yeah. Pretty much lines up with what I remember. I'm Angie. This Angie though seems older and much less cheerful then the Angie Zee would remember.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-15, 05:18 PM
Upstairs
"Love." Alexi scoffs. "It's given too freely, to those who have not earned it, based merely on the merits of their appearance." He growls - it's sexeh. "Why would you give up immortality for someone you barely know? Why would you give your heart to someone who isn't real? I don't understand." He clenches his teeth and raises a hand as if he's going to slap Mercedes. At the last moment, he changes the motion and it turns into a brushing caress on her cheek. "Not real. Not any of it. I can mimic sensation, anything you want. I appear desirable because I need to. Why don't people get it?!"

That was...unexpected.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 05:22 PM
She watches him with those intense green eyes of hers. I get it. But why do you have to? She only steps closer to him. The thought of him being able to hurt her only encourages her to be with him. And you're right about love. We never actually know the person we give everything to. Next thing we know, we're waking up next to someone and can't leave as we want. It's not what we were meant for.

McBish
2009-07-15, 05:24 PM
By the way Angie the empath sitting downstairs might be picking up powerful emotions from upstairs if there isn't anything blocking them.

((Also I suck at making pancakes.))

Dirk Kris
2009-07-15, 05:29 PM
Upstairs
Alexi grasps Mercedes' shoulders and lifts her off the ground as easily as if she were a feather. "I eat feelings. I thrive on emotion. I devour love and hate and fear and lust - all of it. It sustains me. So I provoke them, whatever is strongest from any given being." He smirks, squeezing her the tiniest bit, just enough to make her uncomfortable. "With you, it's clearly lust. With Mud, it was aggression. Grant..." The voice trails away. "With Grant, it's just...I don't know...he wants to help, to give...like penance..." He pulls her close and gives her a kiss that steals her breath away - he tastes like exotic spices. "You get me - only you. The others..." He looks away and sets her down. "I...I've got to go. I'll...see you around."

He turns and walks away into deadtime.

Rebonack
2009-07-15, 05:30 PM
((Pancakes are a wily quarry.))

"And now we've met officially!" Zee seems very pleased about this turn of events. She happens to be exactly as cheerful as she was previously. It may be because no time has past. Or maybe because she's just odd.

"So! How have you been keeping yourself busy in this crazy place?"

McBish
2009-07-15, 05:33 PM
((Oh yeah, I need much more practice.))

I actually just got back here. I have been... busy for a good amount of time.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 05:35 PM
She gasps as he kisses her and pulls away. It is lust with me. And I will do a lot more lusting with you in my room. She growls softly and seductively. I will have you again... She says as he deadtimes.

Rebonack
2009-07-15, 05:50 PM
"It's really weird. I've met some people who have experienced a decade. Others have lived through millennia. I guess it's just because of the strange way time works around here," Zee scowls at a nearby dead-time ooze sucking on a hapless PC.

"For me, it's still about the same time as it was... well... before. Before being..." she peers really close at the young woman. "Well, you were just a kid before."

McBish
2009-07-15, 05:55 PM
Yeah well I aged a bit differently, since I spent some time on a different plane for awhile. So I grew up.

Rebonack
2009-07-15, 06:03 PM
"Oooh, neat!" Zee replies cheerfully, smiling from ear to ear. "What sort of plane where you on? Was it fun? Did you meet anyone interesting?"

The dazed guinea pig on the floor still looks rather dazed.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 06:04 PM
Mercedes comes back down with lust filled eyes. She seems to leave Angie alone for now and orders a drink.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 06:11 PM
There is a sparkling in the air, and a growing sense of metaphorical weight as someone appears, slowly coalescing out of golden mist.
A woman steps out, the gleaming fog clinging to her dress of heavy, coarse white cloth. A girdle of gold of older style is set about her waist, and on her brow is a matching circlet. Her hands seem to trail a rainbow of colors, while her eyes are deep and her smile knowing.
As she fully appears, she looks around herself with vague amusement and puzzlement, trying to place just where she has shown up.

McBish
2009-07-15, 06:12 PM
Well I didn't catch the name of it, but no I didn't have fun. Spending what seemed like years in one of the Hells pretty much sucked. Once again Angie might very well be picking up on Mercedes strong emotions if Mercedes doesn't have a way to block her.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 06:12 PM
Mercedes turns to her with a smirk. Gotta love when people make an entrance. Mercedes doesn't block emotions. Angie should feel quiet a bit of lust from her encounter with Alexi.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 06:15 PM
Phaine- the entrance maker in question, looks over at Mercedes with a bit of bemusement.
"It wasn't quite intentional."

Rebonack
2009-07-15, 06:19 PM
"Hiya! Welcome to the Nexus! Please check your sanity at the door!" Zee calls out to the newcomer with a giggle before grinning back at Angie.

Though... the smile evaporates quickly.

"Eeww... the lower planes? What were you doing down there?"

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 06:20 PM
Intentional or not, still impressive. Of course, so is that outfit of yours. Too bad white was never really my color. She kicks out a chair for her to sit.

McBish
2009-07-15, 06:21 PM
I was doing my duty for the greater good. Tried to stop some sort of portal from opening up, got stuck in hell for doing so. Spent the next several years down there. She says slowly spinning the ice in her glass before finishing off the last of her drink.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 06:22 PM
Phaine hesitates for a moment, then takes the offered seat.
"Whose company do I have the honor of accepting?"

Rebonack
2009-07-15, 06:25 PM
That results in a look of... well... shock on the part of Zee.

"Didn't anyone know that you were down there? Why didn't anyone come to help you get out?"

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 06:25 PM
Mercedes. Care for a drink? She leaves room for her to give her name.

McBish
2009-07-15, 06:27 PM
I was working pretty much on my own. I don't know if the people that asked me to help knew what happened to me. Guess I was seen as a martyr or something. They eventually did get around to getting me out, it just took them awhile.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 06:28 PM
"Well..."
Her gaze flickers over the menu once, then again... and again...
"I do not mind the offer, but I am unsure what to drink."
She focuses her eyes on Mercedes.
"Are you familiar with the name Morgan le Fay?"

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 06:29 PM
No. But I'm also still a little new here. Who is this person? She's curious now.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 06:32 PM
"No? A pity... well, I am she."
Says Phaine.

Rebonack
2009-07-15, 06:33 PM
"Ooooh! I am! She doesn't like Merlin!" Zee hollers from across the room.

"So... a while, huh? Did time pass faster on the lower planes for you or something? Like... they tried to come back for you a few hours later and years passed instead?"

McBish
2009-07-15, 06:35 PM
I don't really know. When I got out of there I was upset with them. Still am, and didn't really stick around to ask why it took them so long. She waves for another drink.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 06:36 PM
That's its nice to meet you. I take it you're well known?

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 06:37 PM
Phaine inclines her head to Zee in acknowledgment, then looks to Mercedes.
"...I might be."
She smiles slyly, and looks at the menu again.
"Is there anything you recommend?"

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 06:39 PM
Depends on how strong you can take something. I prefer the DLB's.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 06:40 PM
"Mmm, no. Something lighter. Sweet, or something with a bit of a bite."
Decides Phaine.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 06:42 PM
You might want a Mai Tai. She suggests.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 06:45 PM
"Then that's what I'll have."
She waves off the serving girl and looks at Mercedes, eyeing her a bit closely.
"Hmm..."
She looks over at Zee, gives her the same look, then over at Grant's sword, which she raises an incredulous eyebrow at.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 06:46 PM
Mercedes orders her DLB as well and eyes the other woman in return. Where are you from?

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 06:48 PM
"Everywhere, here and there, this universe, the one below and the ones in fantasy."
She answers cryptically.
"My home is the dream world, the realm of the fair folk."

Rebonack
2009-07-15, 06:52 PM
"Well... what happened to you while you were down there?"

Zee seems more or less oblivious to the scrutinizing looks. La Fey will probably take quick note of Avatar's more-than-real nature, the way she stands out from her surroundings. And yet at the same time is maddeningly difficult to form a coherent mental image of.

Like a dream half-recalled upon waking.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 06:53 PM
Sounds interesting. She thinks that over, toying with the thought of it. Why leave?

McBish
2009-07-15, 06:55 PM
I'd really rather not talk about it. Though if you are really interested I can let you feel it. She says with the slightest sneer.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 06:56 PM
Phaine seems to have little difficulty in reconciling Avatar's appearance- though given where she said her home is, perhaps that is understandable.
"That is my home, but it isn't my place. My place is among the people."

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 06:58 PM
That's how it's been with me. Being locked away isn't for anyone. Own person experience on that last part there.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 07:00 PM
"And yet, there are people who get locked away."
Phaine says as her mai tai arrives.

Rebonack
2009-07-15, 07:01 PM
"Eerr... Direct contact with my mind is kind of... bad..." Zee points out. She would rather avoid causing people to go mad if she can at all avoid it.

"I'm kind of... unusual... But I guess most people that you can find around the Nexus are unusual."

McBish
2009-07-15, 07:04 PM
Angie shrugs. Overhearing the conversation about being locked away and her conversation with Zee is making her feel a bit uncomfortable. She shifts in her seat and stares at her half empty drink.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 07:04 PM
Some even believe it's for the better. She scoffs, sipping her drink.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 07:07 PM
"Indeed."
Phaine thinks of Merlin trapped in his mountain.
"Some don't though."

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 07:10 PM
She chuckles and nods. To each their own. I live life as it comes to me.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 07:11 PM
Phaine smiles in that sly manner again, apparently pleased with what she hears.
"A very laudable way of living."

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 07:17 PM
She eyes her with a smirk. I always thought so. It's good to hear someone like yourself does too.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 07:18 PM
"A bit of ambition mixed with versatility gets one a long way..."
Phaine says sipping her drink.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 07:22 PM
Agreed. A little power thrown in always helps. Keeps things thrilling.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 07:26 PM
"And what is your ambition, Mercedes?"
The woman asks with interest.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 07:29 PM
To make a name for myself wherever I go. She says with a twinkle in her eye. Whether it's because I'm power, scary, tough, sexy or all the above. As long as they know me, I don't care.

Darkcomet
2009-07-15, 07:31 PM
DC is still around and waiting for KR-15 to undeadtime again.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 07:32 PM
"How well have you succeeded so far?"
Inquires Phaine.

McBish
2009-07-15, 07:35 PM
Angie sits with her head on the bar having had a few too many drinks.

Maria comes inside and finds a seat and gets herself some food.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 07:35 PM
Let's just say it's a long process. But I think I'm doing pretty well so far. She says proudly, propping her feet up.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 07:38 PM
"Do tell me," Says Phaine, leaning closer, cupping her drink with both hands, watching Mercedes with an almost devoted interest, "What deeds you have done to gain renown here?"

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-15, 07:40 PM
DC is still around and waiting for KR-15 to undeadtime again.

DC sighs. As of late, no. In fact, one that was supposed to be dead already just came back. Given the conversation in here, I'd guess you knew that already.

Then he deadtimes.

Eager Query: I suppose you have a cunning plan to utterly annihilate him then Master?

Gem Flower
2009-07-15, 07:41 PM
Lillianna undeadtimes.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 07:42 PM
Different things for different people. She licks her lips slightly. But I don't think I should give out the information that easily.

Darkcomet
2009-07-15, 07:43 PM
Eager Query: I suppose you have a cunning plan to utterly annihilate him then Master?

DC shakes his head. You're thinking too far ahead. First off we're going to have to find his phylactery. Hopefully without him knowing this time around.

McBish
2009-07-15, 07:45 PM
If anyone gets too close to the almost passed out Angie they might get a blast of emotions that aren't their own.

Maria starts to enjoy her meal at a table by herself keeping an eye on the people in the tavern.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 07:45 PM
"Oh? Should I embark on a quest? Perhaps bring back the head of some monster for you to prove my worth?"
Phaine asks with a smirk.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 07:49 PM
Nothing quite that elaborate. Maybe just tell me what would keep you remembering my name. That might be a start. She smirks right back.

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-15, 07:50 PM
DC shakes his head. You're thinking too far ahead. First off we're going to have to find his phylactery. Hopefully without him knowing this time around.

"Query: But Master, why would you need to do a silly thing like finding his phylactery?
Tactical Analysis: Time wasted now is more time for the lich to set up his plans and defenses. Perhaps it would be wise to figure out his plans and strike at them first to blow them all to pieces before you worry about trying to kill him."

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 07:51 PM
"Well... I'll remember your name if everyone else does."
Says Phaine with a smirk.
"I'll remember it longer than anyone else, in fact. Just become a legend... even briefly."

Darkcomet
2009-07-15, 07:52 PM
"Query: But Master, why would you need to do a silly thing like finding his phylactery?
Tactical Analysis: Time wasted now is more time for the lich to set up his plans and defenses. Perhaps it would be wise to figure out his plans and strike at them first to blow them all to pieces before you worry about trying to kill him."

DC thinks for a moment, then raises an eyebrow. It sounds like you're suggesting we use a spy.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 07:54 PM
She chuckles. That's almost too bad. And I'll work on becoming a legend.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 07:55 PM
"Too bad? Well, I'm sorry to disappoint."
Phaine says, leaning back into her chair.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 07:57 PM
I did say almost. You have yet to disappoint me. And from what we've discussed, I don't see that happening anytime soon. Let's just say I like to work to get people to remember me.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 07:58 PM
Phaine smiles and raises her glass in a toast to Mercedes before drinking from it.

McBish
2009-07-15, 07:58 PM
Angie looks up from her spot on the bar and stands up before heading out of the tavern suddenly.

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-15, 07:59 PM
DC thinks for a moment, then raises an eyebrow. It sounds like you're suggesting we use a spy.

Confused Query: Was I?
Dismissive Statement: Take from it what you want.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 08:00 PM
Mercedes chuckles and does the same in return.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 08:03 PM
Phaine's eyes slip towards Grant's sword again. She seems to be a little distracted by it, but is obviously unsure what to think of it.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 08:05 PM
You don't want to deal with him. He's a nut. She says softly.

Darkcomet
2009-07-15, 08:06 PM
Confused Query: Was I?
Dismissive Statement: Take from it what you want.

In any case, we need to know what he's planning and we need to locate his phylactery. If you find out anything regarding either, report back to me.

DC turns and will head out of the Tavern, unless someone stops him.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 08:07 PM
"Hm? Oh, him."
Phaine seems to notice Grant for the first time.
"No, its his sword... its... but I can't imagine why..."
She appears to be puzzling over the sword.

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-15, 08:08 PM
Exclamation: Wait! Master Darkcomet I still have one thing I wish to speak about!

Darkcomet
2009-07-15, 08:11 PM
DC turns back around, scowling.

What?

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 08:11 PM
It's what. Doesn't look like much actually.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 08:13 PM
"Well, it isn't. That's why it is puzzling- it is either the original or a duplicate, but it appears to be a sword mentioned in legend... but just in passing. It isn't anything of note..."
Phaine says, working over the matter in her mind.
"Unless it has been bestowed with extra properties, of course, but you might as well have done that with any sword."

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-15, 08:18 PM
Hesitant Explanation: Well... see Master, when I realized I was not satisfied with simple slaughter and sadism, I tried to figure out why, why it was so much better when I was with you.
Menacing Statement: And I believe I've found the cause.
KR-15 pulls out a black remote with a large, red button from his trenchcoat, and extends the antenna on it to a comical length.
Statement: I have hidden a thermonuclear device in the cake I sent you. At the merest push of this button, GLoG will be blown sky high, along with everyone in it.
Mocking Statement: Do you have a response to that? :smallamused:

Darkcomet
2009-07-15, 08:19 PM
:smalleek:

...you're bluffing.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 08:20 PM
Maybe it's to be fixed so it's in its own legend now. Remade to be remembered. She suggests.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 08:21 PM
"Maybe..."
She sounds doubtful.

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-15, 08:22 PM
Chiding Query: Now Master... why would I bluff you?
Confident Countdown: 5.... 4....

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 08:22 PM
Or he found it and thought that it was more than it actually is. She chuckles.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 08:24 PM
"I find that more likely, given your analysis of him."
She says, drinking the rest of her mai tai.

Darkcomet
2009-07-15, 08:25 PM
Chiding Query: Now Master... why would I bluff you?
Confident Countdown: 5.... 4....

And DC's non-dagger-occupied hand is suddenly reaching out to grab the remote. But wait, he's not within...

Oh, right. The remote is probably getting telekinetically tugged on.

Less tugged and more 'DC is trying to rip it away from KR-15'.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 08:28 PM
She chuckles. Care for another?

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 08:29 PM
"Well... one more then."
Accepts Phaine with a grin.

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-15, 08:32 PM
The remote is ripped out of KR-15's grasp.
Deadpan Monotone: Oh no. You have stolen my remote. How ever am I going to blow up GLoG now?
Malicious Statement: Luckily, I brought backup!
He pulls out another remote, the same as before, and leaps back with a flourish.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 08:33 PM
Mercedes motions for two more drinks to be brought over. You hold alcohol very well?

Darkcomet
2009-07-15, 08:35 PM
The remote is ripped out of KR-15's grasp.
Deadpan Monotone: Oh no. You have stolen my remote. How ever am I going to blow up GLoG now?
Malicious Statement: Luckily, I brought backup!
He pulls out another remote, the same as before, and leaps back with a flourish.

...you are bluffing, aren't you?

That doesn't stop him from trying to rip that remote out of KR-15's graps too, though.

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-15, 08:39 PM
The second remote is grabbed.
Disappointed Query: This isn't working, is it?
Excited Exclamation: I know! Let's up the risk factor!
KR pulls a telescoping electropole out from under his trenchcoat and spins it.
Bloodthirsty Taunt: Come on Master! Let's plaaayy!!!
He charges at DC.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 08:41 PM
"Not especially."
Admits Phaine, watching DC and KR with interest.

Lord Magtok
2009-07-15, 08:41 PM
Hey look, it's Magtok again. Are those brand new listening devices and hidden cameras he's sticking to the ceiling of the Taverna, whilst removing the old ones? Why yes, I think that's precisely what he's doing. We can't let a single potentially useful conversation go un-spied on, can we?

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 08:42 PM
Well, I wouldn't want you to think I'm trying to get you drunk after all.

Darkcomet
2009-07-15, 08:44 PM
DC floats into the air, out of the way of KR-15's charge.

And now the dagger's gone. Instead, DC draws a bulky-looking high tech pistol and opens fire on KR-15.

It fires energy-wreathed bullets.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 08:45 PM
"Hmmm. Are you trying to get me drunk though?"
Phaine asks, smirking.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 08:48 PM
Only if you'd like. Might help with that memory of me. She winks.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 08:52 PM
Phaine chuckles and winks back as she picks up the next mai tai.
"You'll need to work harder than that."

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 08:55 PM
I must be off my game lately. She says with a chuckle, looking down at her body. I don't think that's the problem...

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-15, 08:58 PM
DC floats into the air, out of the way of KR-15's charge.

And now the dagger's gone. Instead, DC draws a bulky-looking high tech pistol and opens fire on KR-15.

It fires energy-wreathed bullets.

Pew pew! Tink tink!
The bullets impact KR-15, denting his armor. KR-15 throws his electropole at DC, and instead pulls out a tommy gun from under his trenchcoat (how big is that coat anyway).
He opens fire. Brakka brakka. It's a blaster tommy gun. Clearly, '15's having the time of his life.

Lord Magtok
2009-07-15, 09:00 PM
Magtok scowls. Those darn kids are going to wreck something, playing with those guns like that.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 09:00 PM
Phaine raises an eyebrow as she watches Mercedes.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 09:02 PM
Relax, I'm joking. I'm full of myself and strive to get anyone I desire. You happen to be on the list. Say no, I back off. She lays down the line.

McBish
2009-07-15, 09:03 PM
Maria takes this opportunity to vault over the bar and hide to avoid gun fire.

Darkcomet
2009-07-15, 09:03 PM
DC flies down behind the bar as KR-15 throws the electropole, which is also fairly convenient for cover.

A chair gets telekinetically hurled at KR-15.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 09:04 PM
Phaine chuckles and doesn't say anything, instead just taking a bit more of a drink.

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-15, 09:06 PM
The chair is thrown and hits KR-15 on the head. He continues firing. There is the obligatory scene where the tommy gun toting badguys fire at the hero who is behind the bar, and end up shooting up all the liquor on the shelves. Of course, since this is a blaster tommy gun, the alcohol is all set on fire.
If only KR-15 had a cigar. Then he could light it on the flames.
Brakka brakka.

Reinholdt
2009-07-15, 09:08 PM
A cigar appears for KR-15. Last compliments of Stu, the guy flower who could do random stuff like that. Before he gets sacrificed anyways.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 09:10 PM
Mercedes watches her and runs a hand through her hair. You not saying anything keeps me wondering, I like that.

McBish
2009-07-15, 09:11 PM
Maria groans a bit as large fire starts up. So she starts to sneak away from the fire.

Darkcomet
2009-07-15, 09:12 PM
DC decides for a different approach.

DC tries to telekinetically rip the gun out of KR-15's hands, and if that's successful, he'll float back out and charge him with the aim of stabbing him in the face (read: eye) with a certain black dagger known to cut metal abnormally well...

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 09:16 PM
"Well-"
A bit of glass and a stray bullet fling in Phaine's direction, and she instantly raises an arm, a shield sprouting from it with a flare of golden light. It is a golden shield with a hundred tassels hanging from it, and on it there is a strange, agonized and horrific visage emblazoned-
But it is only there for a moment, because as soon as the glass and bullet are blocked (rebounding with enough strength to give Phaine a bit of a jolt), the shield vanishes.
"I'd prefer not to be an eternal mystery. Maybe we should relocate."
She glances at the fight.
"As interesting as the ambiance is, it might be a little much."

Ashen Lilies
2009-07-15, 09:16 PM
*insert onomatopoeia here*
Damn that superfluous 'o'! I nearly got it right first time! :smallfrown:

Anyway, with much sound effects, KR-15 is stabbed in the eye.
Dejected Query: Well that didn't work out so well, did it?

He falls over.
The bar remains on fire.

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 09:19 PM
There's always the streets. Though more fighting could be going on out there. Or I have a room upstairs. Very little fighting goes on there. I like to keep it that way. She offers.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 09:21 PM
"Ah-"
She glances at the fire.
"Your room might not be safe, if this place catches on fire."
Phaine stands, downs the rest of her glass quickly, and jerks her head towards the exit.
"Lets get out. We'll find somewhere else."

Darkcomet
2009-07-15, 09:22 PM
*insert onomatopoeia here*
Damn that superfluous 'o'! I nearly got it right first time! :smallfrown:

Anyway, with much sound effects, KR-15 is stabbed in the eye.
Dejected Query: Well that didn't work out so well, did it?

He falls over.
The bar remains on fire.

DC thinks KR-15 was toying with him just now.

Er, can anyone put that out?

SeptAngel
2009-07-15, 09:23 PM
She'll follow her out. Works for me.

AmberVael
2009-07-15, 09:23 PM
Phaine could probably put it out...
But she doesn't. Instead, she swiftly heads out into the nearby city, in the Inside thread.

McBish
2009-07-15, 09:26 PM
Maria on the other hand would hate to see this place burn down and starts searching for some water. Hmmm.... if this is a good bar it should have at least a decanter of endless water around here somewhere.

Darkcomet
2009-07-15, 09:30 PM
DC looks around quickly, and finds... A fire extinguisher!

Said fire extinguisher gets pulled out of its case and used to put out the burning bar. Yay.

DC's player apologizes if Taverna is not supposed to have a fire extinguisher, for some reason.

Then he rushes off.

McBish
2009-07-15, 09:35 PM
Angie looks up and is glad to find that the fire has been put out.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-07-15, 09:45 PM
Zel undeadtimes. Huh. Did I miss something? She says as she sees the damage.

McBish
2009-07-15, 09:46 PM
A gun fight, followed by a small fire.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-07-15, 09:50 PM
Zel blinks a few times. Really? Huh. Anybody die?

McBish
2009-07-15, 09:52 PM
I think a robot got stabbed, but I was hiding behind the bar for most of it.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-07-15, 09:58 PM
A robot? Weird. Wouldn't think that'd do much.

McBish
2009-07-15, 10:05 PM
Yeah, got stabbed in the face. Guess that hurts robots as much as regular people. So how was your day?

KerfuffleMach2
2009-07-15, 10:10 PM
Better than the robot's. She smirks a little.

McBish
2009-07-15, 10:11 PM
Yeah I doubt it would take to much to be better then his.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-07-15, 10:16 PM
How about you then?

McBish
2009-07-15, 10:18 PM
Pretty good. I've been making good money, so I took today off. I went around exploring for a bit.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-07-15, 10:22 PM
Really? Find anything good?

McBish
2009-07-15, 10:24 PM
Well actually yeah, I found this big old abandoned warehouse that is sort of cool. And well I got this idea.

Bergett
2009-07-15, 10:25 PM
Michael walks into the Tavern, with a bored expression on his face.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-07-15, 10:29 PM
What idea? Zel takes a swig of her beer.

McBish
2009-07-15, 10:33 PM
Well, I was thinking, as nice as this place is there seems to be a lack of proper competition in this town. So I wondered what it would be like to well, own a place of my own. A club of sort. I mean it could be like a bar, restaurant, and a place to perform.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-07-15, 10:38 PM
Zel nods appreciatively. That...sounds like a pretty good idea. Any idea what to call it?

McBish
2009-07-15, 10:39 PM
No idea. I mean I would need to get a lot more money, buy the place, get it fixed up, hire staff. It would take a long time.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-07-15, 10:42 PM
Zel nods a little. Well, as long as you get a plan. Bad to rush into these things.

McBish
2009-07-15, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I mean I doubt I could do it all my own. I think I would need to find someone to act as a backer or something.