PDA

View Full Version : Figuring out a Homebrewed Faction/Power Group RPG

ThisOne
2009-07-14, 06:49 PM
Okay, so I've been working over a homebrew system for simulating conflict between 2 large groups in my head, be they houses, megacorps, nations, or worlds. Having looked around at some other people's solutions, and borrowing ideas, I've decided I want to make a more concrete system, though one that is general enough to cover many situations and game types. Essentialy, I'm looking from my input on how I should aproach this from you guys.

So, what I do know:

Turns: Are an arbitrary amount of time apropriate to the situation and setting. All people act simultaneously. There are 2 phases, a diplomacy/comunication phase and an action phase.

Key stuff. I'm thinking of a system where there are 2 groups of stats, spendable/movable resources, and fixed (barring annother player's actions) stats. I'm planning to handle placement of resources with a flowchart, each box representing one turn's time to move stuff (called tokens from now on) between it and annother (so moving resources to an adjacent box takes 1 turn).

Expendables:
Logistics (represents money, supplies, etc.): You need to keep a line of logistics tokens between agents and a home area or areas. This restricts the ammount you can extend yourself.

Agents (represents soldiers, thugs, etc.): These attack other agents, or an enemy's statistics or expendables.

Capital (money): Lets you buy things--not sure how to handle this yet.

Stats:
Economy: Generates capital
Inteligence: Information on enemy positions on the flowchart
Morale: Effectively the 'hp' of your organization

My big issue is how to create a system that simulates this combat effectively.