PDA

View Full Version : eRepublik

KBF
2009-07-15, 12:29 AM
A worldwide social browser based MMO. Full of dedicated and patriotic people. Start a business, fight a war, be president of a political party-the country, you know whatever. And none of these are mutually exclusive. Whatever you do, it's a big deal and your success or failure (and others success or failure) changes the world, even if only a tiny bit.

If you want to join the greatest country ever of all time, the eUS of A (cough) I'd appreciate you joining here (http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Kirbysfan).

If you want to join the mostly neutral but protected country of eJapan, you can use this (http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Amalith) link. I'm sure Amalith would not mind you helping him out if you stick around.

And then there's eHungary. One of the most active and fastest growing nations in the eWorld, I don't have much else to praise about it. It sure keeps things interesting, as most of the (terrorist:smallwink:) group of PEACE's most active members are here. To support a eHungarian GitPer, you can use this (http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Petar+Pamuchar) link. I'm sure he'd appreciate it as soon as he's done ransacking the eUS.

GitPers seem pretty scattered, so I don't think we'll be able to coordinate much as a forum, but you eLocation doesn't have to be your real location, so I guess if you didn't mind joining another country... I think I'd join Japan if it actually WERE more imperialistic. Much more exciting. Much better for the economy. Than again, I guess they are surrounded by PEACE countries, and breaking PEACE alliance might not be a good move.

Saithis Bladewing
2009-07-15, 03:51 AM
As an eJapanese Congressman, I of course look to strengthen my own country. Mind you, as much as I think war would be fun, Japan is incredibly weak and full of the weak-willed. It's forced to cling to diplomacy for protection. If we had more population we might be able to do something but there's no real conquering to be had where we are.

KBF
2009-07-15, 03:12 PM
Which is part of a long and sad vicious cycle. Weak fighting means weak soldiers and a weak weapons industry, and weak soldiers and weak weapons means weak fighting. Is Japan allied with the other PEACE countries? Maybe they'll get a chance to fight in the upcoming war?

Saithis Bladewing
2009-07-15, 04:17 PM
Japan, though part of PEACE, will not be actively taking part in this war. They are, however, letting eIndonesia attack Hawaii from Kyushu.

KBF
2009-07-15, 04:42 PM
...And I just moved out of California, too. It's a shame really. What is Japan doing? I'm pretty new, but from what I've seen it just seems like an incredibly inactive country. I guess you would know better than me though, being a congressman.

Amalith
2009-07-15, 06:57 PM
Internal affairs is all I see from it. I don't know what happened before I joined but it seems it was hit hard and recovering from something.

The most I see from eJapan is focusing on the economy, which is constantly bieng attacked.

Granted, I don't have the most knowledge. I tend to ignore many of the matters of congress.

KBF
2009-07-15, 10:24 PM
Most of the eUS congress is in a private congress section of the forums, which seems kind of counter-intuitive. I mean, I understand not letting people like me post, but reading up on why the congress is passing the laws it is sounds kind of important.

So uh, we're doing pretty good. eAmerica is pretty intact. We're even taking back Nova Scotia. If this war is going to be interesting, I hope PEACE is planning on going a bit further. World War.. Psh.

Saithis Bladewing
2009-07-16, 01:09 AM
Japan was hit by...something - I don't know what, really. I never read up on the history enough to find out. I do know we've been reeling from something for some time. The eJapanese forums are alright to be in, and the IRC is solid. There are inactivity issues for a country our size (in terms of regions).

Thanatos 51-50
2009-07-16, 03:14 AM
I joined through the first link to pop up in the Browser Games thread, into eAustralia.
Apparently, a bunch of our provinces are occupied by other people.
Anyway - as for the moment I'm nothing special, I shall return to flipping burgers.

KBF
2009-07-16, 04:28 AM
I joined through the first link to pop up in the Browser Games thread, into eAustralia.
Apparently, a bunch of our provinces are occupied by other people.
Anyway - as for the moment I'm nothing special, I shall return to flipping burgers.

If you need any help (as long as it isn't financially:smallsigh:) I'm Kirbysfan. Or you can bother the guy who'd referral you used. Make him EARN that 5 gold. It's actually a pretty big sum of cash. So yeah, I'm going to go back to being a lumberjack. Sucker.

...Unless I work at the saw mill or something... Heck, I dunno.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-07-16, 04:34 AM
If you need any help (as long as it isn't financially:smallsigh:) I'm Kirbysfan. Or you can bother the guy who'd referral you used. Make him EARN that 5 gold. It's actually a pretty big sum of cash. So yeah, I'm going to go back to being a lumberjack. Sucker.

...Unless I work at the saw mill or something... Heck, I dunno.

Since I'm new, all I really need is a way to get Wellness and a decently-paying job.
Current plan is create an Org to run a weapons company or something.

KBF
2009-07-17, 10:21 PM
Thanatos, what's your eRep name? I'm Kirbysfan.

You know, after awhile I should have looked into my employer more. I was getting $7 an hour at 3 skill, I assumed my constant 100 wellness workdays (do to war) were practically worth another 1 skill rank. I assumed because I was payed well, the company was going well. But I guess the wood isn't selling. I just got fired from the best 3 skill job there was on the market... I have little to no savings from that job , too, which is kind of a kick in the pants. Also I joined the Air Force/Flying Unicorn Squad, the US anti-PTO team. Figured I'd make my vote count.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-07-17, 10:29 PM
ERup name is Thanatos Saalaksin.

I've been humming at the job market, figuring my 1.5 manufacturing skill can earn me more than a dollar a day.
Turns out I was right. Boss man just promoted me, which means less worrying about funds until my skill gets high enough to justify looking for a new job.
Currently level 4 right now.

Dixieboy
2009-07-18, 03:41 PM
My country is the lowest ranking country with actual members.

That... kinda sucks.

KBF
2009-07-18, 06:22 PM
My country is the lowest ranking country with actual members.

That... kinda sucks.

Hahahahahahaahahahahahahhhaaaahahahahahahahaha...

Username? What country are you in?

doliest
2009-07-19, 02:34 AM
Just joined up and am now an official citizen of Erussia.

Saithis Bladewing
2009-07-19, 08:09 AM
I just formed a new party, the Nihonjin Sakura-to, with the aim of turning Japan around. I'm hoping to try and get more GitP presence and try and turn eJapan around. It's my favourite country and I really want to fix its issues.

If anyone, new or old, is interested, let me know.

Also, anyone who wants to join should consider asking an existing player to send them an invitation - we get 5 gold for every player we invite that reaches level 6, and there's an achievement for it. :o

KBF
2009-07-20, 08:45 PM
I'd love to help out with making eJapan a country with real motives. You know, if it wasn't for the KILL ALL PEACE thing I've got going for me right now with all the trolls in our media and everything.But I don't see what it could accomplish. It's in a bad spot, surrounded by military giants Russia, Indonesia, China and to a lesser extent the USA. It's not going to be entering any winnable wars any time soon. It has a small population, so PTOs are near impossible, and the long awaited Citizenship is going to be implemented in the next two weeks. It's economy is already struggling... If you are going to found a party for the betterment of eJapan, I'd suggest setting some reasonable goals.

Also: Citizenship. Thank god. My one election in the air force looks like it will be my last. Any opinions from a congressman's point of view? There's some people saying it will be a lot of work for congress, approving everyone moving into a country.

Also, anyone who wants to join should consider asking an existing player to send them an invitation - we get 5 gold for every player we invite that reaches level 6, and there's an achievement for it. :o

Ahem. (http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Kirbysfan)

Thanatos 51-50
2009-07-20, 09:46 PM
Nihonjin Sakura-to

Japanese Person Cherry Blossom Sword?

KBF
2009-07-20, 10:04 PM

It's not what it means that matters.

That it's sufficiently Japanese and uses common enough words to attract the otaku.

toasty
2009-07-20, 10:04 PM
Just joined as a citizen of the USA. Trying to figure everything out now. :)

KBF
2009-07-20, 10:06 PM
Just joined as a citizen of the USA. Trying to figure everything out now. :)

I hope you used my link. :smallwink:

I'm Kirbysfan. If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask here or PM me.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-07-21, 01:39 AM
One day my boss couldn't pay me, so I quit.
I'm making more money/day then he would have paid me, anyway now.

Problem is, I'm now at 2 manufacuring, and theres a guy offering $4/day and I can't immedialty run off to work for him. Let's hope this boss gives me a pay raise to keep me.
Still level four. Working, eating and training daily, waiting for level 5 so I can fight in the war in South Aus.

Saithis Bladewing
2009-07-21, 12:50 PM

Wasn't my choice, I just went along with it. :P

Thanatos 51-50
2009-07-21, 07:05 PM
So, apparently to laugh at the timing of it all: I was only 1xp away from becoming able to fight. After eating food at the end of the day, I leveled up.
And very soon after I came back to do the daily eRepublik, I noticed a message that said the war was over and the Aussies won.
>.>

Oh, yeahs. My recruitment link. For Australian eCitizens or just people who want me to get the 5 gold from their joining:
http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Thanatos+Saalaksin

EDIT:
In a fit of irony, I relised that the guy whos link I joined through is eIndonesion. That's who the war was just against.

Erothayce
2009-07-21, 07:50 PM
So I just started playing. I'm in California and mah names the same as this forum.

KBF
2009-07-21, 11:35 PM
In a fit of irony, I relised that the guy whos link I joined through is eIndonesion. That's who the war was just against.

Well, we're all GitP. And besides, it's unlikely that the 5 gold will make it's way to the fight against Australia.. Right? It's probably going to go towards fighting America. We're getting owned up here.

So I just started playing. I'm in California and mah names the same as this forum.

USE MY LINK Nah, it's cool. You don't have to. I mean, you don't have to make another account and use my link. Since apparently you didn't.
I mean, hi. Welcome. I was born in California too, but better areas right now are Florida, New Jersey or Kansas. They have Q5 hospitals, which means you'll be able to gain 40 wellness on a day you can fight in a war. California has a Q4 hospital, not a drastic change, but you'll only be able to recover 30 a day.

Also, hello all the people that signed up using my referral. Apparently there are quite a few, since you apparently are automatically entered in my friends list.

MAKE IT TO LEVEL 6 OR I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN

Also, thanks Magtok. You apparently didn't post in this thread, but if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. I should be rich here in a few days. :smallwink:

toasty
2009-07-21, 11:49 PM
So it turns out the company I'm working for is now in Russian Hands (erm... weird). Does this change anything?

Also, stupid question, but assuming I want to get a raise... will the company I'm working for now give one to me? Or do I need to get a new job. I'm not exactly sure I can even afford food at the rate I'm getting paid. :smallfrown:

KBF
2009-07-22, 12:31 AM
If you didn't get a raise the day after you got a new skill rank, you should get a new job.

Oh, and a moving ticket so you can move out of Russian territories. Those States are not United of America anymore. If you don't have the money for a moving ticket, you can PM me and I'll buy one for you. I'm Kirbysfan in case anyone forgot.

toasty
2009-07-22, 05:37 AM
Erm... I live in the US (Texas) but somehow I work in North Dakota... don't ask me how that works, I just assumed that it was a quirk of the game.

I'll check and make sure I got a raise... how do I tell how much I've been paid?

Amalith
2009-07-22, 03:02 PM
Erm... I live in the US (Texas) but somehow I work in North Dakota... don't ask me how that works, I just assumed that it was a quirk of the game.

I'll check and make sure I got a raise... how do I tell how much I've been paid?

You can get a job anywhere in you country. Regions don't do much. In fact, the company I am working for is based in the region Indonesia owns. If I quit it, I don't think I could get the job back, but as long as you don't, it'll be the same as before (its not like the org's region being conquered instantly makes them support that country. I don't know about taxes though)

Easiest way to see how much you are being paid is to work, but It will send you an alert (the orange message icon) telling you the manager gave you a salary change, and what your new pay is.

Athaniar
2009-07-23, 11:52 AM
OK, so I'll give this a try, then. I'm Xavius Sato of Hokkaido, Japan, and I'm waiting for my confirmation e-mail. How long does it usually take?

Saithis Bladewing
2009-07-23, 12:11 PM
I got mine instantly.

Athaniar
2009-07-23, 12:15 PM
Ah, now I found it. I'll guess I'll start playing, then. Anything important to remember?

EDIT: Just watched tutorial. Wow, this game is deep.

EDIT 2: I trained once and now I'm a Field Marshal? Japan's army sure isn't what it used to be...

KBF
2009-07-23, 12:17 PM
Work before training, except during war?

That's all I got.

Athaniar
2009-07-23, 12:58 PM
So, what party should I join? What are the agendas of the different ones, the pros and cons?

EDIT: The Imperial Sun Party looks good. I'll try that one.

EDIT2: Nevermind, I need a higher level first. Is there anything you can do first day except working, training, and buying stuff?

KBF
2009-07-23, 02:17 PM
...Not really. I hear Japan has a pretty good IRC chat if you can find it. I recommend visiting your forums and seeing what programs your government might have set up to help out newbies.

It can be kind of boring day one. I guess it's more meant to be visited once a day for the first week or so...

Fostire
2009-07-23, 09:29 PM
I joined through the link in the browser games thread. I'm in Canada in newfoundland (which has apparently been annexed by the uk), my username there is Fostire.

I don't know if I'll be playing this game much, but it looks fun so I'll probably stay.

Athaniar
2009-07-25, 01:05 PM
http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/GitPLordXavius/XaviusSato.png
Become a citizen of Japan and support the will-be
Overlord of the New World, Xavius Sato I (http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Xavius+Sato)

31/7: Support Lithuania in its glorious war against the vile Latvia! Fight for freedom!