PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 I'd like to buy a...

PrismaticPIA
2009-07-15, 02:30 PM
Vowel...not really.

How much would an item that grants continuous immunity to the status condition dazed cost to buy?

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-07-15, 02:34 PM
Effectively a continuous effect item of Favor of the Martyr?

Eldariel
2009-07-15, 02:36 PM
Only existing guideline for that is replicating a spell, and the only spell giving immunity to Daze is Favor of the Martyr, a 1 min/level level 4 Paladin-spell. Continuous item of Favor of the Martyr would therefore cost:
4 (Spell level)*7 (CL)*2000*2 (1 min/level)=112000gp

Seeing that Favor gives some other bonuses, just Daze-immunity could probably be acquired for ~80k or so. It's an insanely powerful and rare ability though so the high cost is justified (for what it's worth, I wouldn't allow it at all in my games).

Frosty
2009-07-15, 02:42 PM
It's in fact better than being immune to Stun.

Telonius
2009-07-15, 02:48 PM
Any particular reason you're getting Dazed often? There might be a cheaper way to achieve immunity. (i.e. if you're fighting Sea Hags, you might look into something that grants immunity to Fear effects).

woodenbandman
2009-07-15, 02:50 PM
He's obviously chain-casting celerity. I say don't do it. It's not worth the butthurt that your DM will probably get.

Keld Denar
2009-07-15, 02:52 PM
Third Eye Clarity in the MIC gives you the ability to remove Stun or Daze 1/day for 3000g. Continuous immunity would be somewhere along a factor or ~20x that, mostly (10x) being that there is no need to use your Immediate Action (which are acutally pretty valuable to casters/ToB users) and minorly (2x) becaues its useable muliple times per day.

Just my personal extrapolation...

tonberrian
2009-07-15, 02:55 PM
Not quite as good as outright immunity, but Quick Recovery (feat from LoM p. 181) will grant you another save each round that you begin Dazed or Stunned, regardless of whether or not the effect originally had a saving throw.

Frosty
2009-07-15, 02:57 PM
Not quite as good as outright immunity, but Quick Recovery (feat from LoM p. 181) will grant you another save each round that you begin Dazed or Stunned, regardless of whether or not the effect originally had a saving throw.

But don't you need to be like insane or have an alien mind or something? Anyhow, another common Dazing effect is from Orb of Fire. Since it's such a good spell I imagine many enemy spellcasters would pick it up.

And then they'd Chain the spell so it hits everyone in your party.

tonberrian
2009-07-15, 03:04 PM
But don't you need to be like insane or have an alien mind or something?

Nope. LoM also has interesting stuff for the abberation hunter, like Quick Recovery and Darkstalker, both general feats without prereqs.

PrismaticPIA
2009-07-15, 04:13 PM

This seems like a decent alternative.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-07-15, 10:41 PM
Immunity to Daze is well-nigh impossible. Even Undead don't get it, and they're immune to everything.
Third Eye Clarity in the MIC gives you the ability to remove Stun or Daze 1/day for 3000g. Continuous immunity would be somewhere along a factor or ~20x that, mostly (10x) being that there is no need to use your Immediate Action (which are acutally pretty valuable to casters/ToB users) and minorly (2x) becaues its useable muliple times per day.For off the cuff, that's pretty close IMHO. 3000x5(charges/day limit)/1800=8 1/3(Caster level*Spell Level)
8 1/3*2000(Continuous)*4(duration measured in rounds)=67,000 GP(rounded up)

Another_Poet
2009-07-16, 09:44 AM
Consider making it command-word-activated, and 4/day or 5/day instead of a continuous item. The cost should be cheaper and you can turn it on right before each battle, or in the first round (speaking is a free action). Unless your DM typically throws 5+ encounters at your party per in-game day, this should be fine most of the time.

ap