PDA

View Full Version : If everybody would wake up tomorrow as anthropomorphic animals...

Ichneumon
2009-07-15, 02:30 PM
Because of some kind of cosmic joke every human being will wake up tomorrow with his and her body changed into that of an anthropomorphic animals, retaining their opposable thumbs and speech. What kind of animal will you want to be and how will you cope with it? Why and how?

I think I'd be a mouse, as I have a quite timid nature, but I'm also resourceful and unyielding. Diligent, always optimistic, but also nervous and concerned.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-07-15, 02:32 PM
Is it possible to make a viper anthropomorphic?

EDIT: Oh, yeah, reasoning.
I'm a scaly, unlovable, decietful, forked-tongued individual who tends to to slink away from others and manipulate them if possible and I have an agenda (which I usually don't.) I'm quite talented at leaking "poison" into conversations, and only a few people who might be considered mildly crazy care about me.
I like it dark and warm and stay low to the ground and horizontal if possible.
I tend to curl up around things I have a desire to protect.

While not overdeveloped, I do use my sense of smell an awful lot.

SilentNight
2009-07-15, 02:34 PM
Heh, that'd be a trip. Off the top of my head I'm gonna say a cat. I enjoy milk, fish and back rubs. I've also recently developed a talent for laying around, doing absolutely nothing while being free of boredom. Coping with it? I'd enjoy it, and take a nap.

MissK
2009-07-15, 03:10 PM
I'd be a hedgehog. Why? I'm small and cute, yet I shy, and I can easily 'poke' those who get close to me. (Metaphorically, of course.)

As for how I'd cope, I'd probably hide under the couch in a little ball of spikes.

Coidzor
2009-07-15, 03:11 PM
I'm not sure. Some kind of animal that spends part of the time alone/in family units and part of the time in a pack/herd probably, reflecting my variably intro-/extroverted nature.

I would freak the **** out, to begin with. The next thing I'd probably do would be to go in and try to get as much anti-flea stuff as I could lay my hands on if I was a mammal with fur. Then I'd probably try to take advantage of the widespread confusion to reinvent myself or go on an extended journey as society tripped and picked itself back up.

I imagine not being able to tell who anyone is anymore would play havok with things for awhile, since photo ID would be worth zilch.

Castaras
2009-07-15, 03:13 PM
I'd be a Cat or a Spider.

Well, it'd be cool to be a spider, but more likely for me to be a cat. :smalltongue: Cats I'm much like - a loner, and sleeps a lot.

Shikton
2009-07-15, 03:31 PM
I suppose I'd be some sort of dog, without the need to dryhump everything. =P I'm loyal, cuddly, energetic, happy-go-lucky and I lick things. Ok,skip the licking, but it just fit in there. And I'm a bit hairy. Macho-hairy. Maybe a husky? Does it matter? No. They have pretty eyes though. I like them.

So yeah, a dogman. Weredog!

Gorgondantess
2009-07-15, 03:34 PM
Definitely a cat.
I laze around all day, doing the minimum amount of work possible while maintaining the fact that I'm this great thing just because I'm that great.:smalltongue:
Also, cats are cool.

Shikton
2009-07-15, 03:37 PM
Definitely a cat.
I laze around all day, doing the minimum amount of work possible while maintaining the fact that I'm this great thing just because I'm that great.:smalltongue:
Also, cats are cool.

Gah, you're an arrogant SNOB! Yeah. That's what you catpeople are.:smallmad:

Thufir
2009-07-15, 03:40 PM
Gah, you're an arrogant SNOB! Yeah. That's what you catpeople are.:smallmad:

This is why I would be a cat. Because I'm better than all of you :smalltongue:

Ichneumon
2009-07-15, 03:40 PM
so many cats..... why... I feel frightened.

Recaiden
2009-07-15, 03:41 PM
Hmmm.
There is a reason my avatar was an echidna.
Or possibly an antelope.

@Ichneumon: Not a wasp?

Jibar
2009-07-15, 03:42 PM
*looks at avatar*

Stupid lack of thumbs and anthropomorphosity.

I'd be a koala then I guess. Spending all my time in a vague daze quite convinced I'm a sloth and that I can totally make that jump just watch me do it man watch me I'll do it I'll make it I can make it man I can make it watch watch watch woah WAGH.

Ouch.

Groundhog
2009-07-15, 03:47 PM
I'd be a golden retriever. Simply because I like them.

@Ichneumon: I could chase them up a tree if you'd like.

Dragonrider
2009-07-15, 03:51 PM
I'm another cat. They've a great lifestyle. :smallbiggrin: And the overwhelming cynicism coupled with constant demands for attention amuses me....

Ichneumon
2009-07-15, 03:56 PM
@Ichneumon: Not a wasp?

Maybe the fact that I am a bit to solitary for most mice, but I don't feel really waspy, in real life.

@Ichneumon: I could chase them up a tree if you'd like.

I'll share my... I am not sure, what do mice have that a dogs want? Anyway, my little rodent heart will be able to continue scavenging without these diabolic felines showing up. When do cats learn: WE MICE ARE NOT TOYS, WHEN YOU PLAY WITH US, THERE IS A VERY LARGE CHANCE FOR US TO GET LETHALLY INJURED.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2009-07-15, 05:11 PM
I'd be a hyena, most likely. They've always struck me as the most in-tune with postmodernity.

Mando Knight
2009-07-15, 05:31 PM
I'd end up a feline or canine, probably. Or possibly an eagle.

If we delve into the fantastic, then a dragon.

Faulty
2009-07-15, 05:35 PM
Bonobo for the wild sex drive. I'd probably eat a lot of fruit.

Ya Ta Hey!
2009-07-15, 05:43 PM
I would be a goeduck. It would be so awesome to have people out there, looking for the telltale clam foot and then schlorp, I stick my anthropomorphic hand out at them.

skywalker
2009-07-15, 05:46 PM
I suppose I'd be some sort of dog, without the need to dryhump everything. =P I'm loyal, cuddly, energetic, happy-go-lucky and I lick things. Ok,skip the licking, but it just fit in there. And I'm a bit hairy. Macho-hairy. Maybe a husky? Does it matter? No. They have pretty eyes though. I like them.

So yeah, a dogman. Weredog!

I'd be some sort of dog with the need to dryhump everything. I guess I would be a hair-less dog, since I'm not very hairy at all. Oh, and I like to lick things.

I'm more dog than you are! I would cope by... I have no idea. Determining if the physiology still worked when my girlfriend became a squirrel-person... (I think we decided that's what she would be) would be important to me for sure. I would probably eat way too much and then work it off really quickly. Repeatedly.

Bonobo for the wild sex drive. I'd probably eat a lot of fruit.

LOL! :biggrin: LOL!

axarts
2009-07-15, 05:47 PM
I would be a goeduck. It would be so awesome to have people out there, looking for the telltale clam foot and then schlorp, I stick my anthropomorphic hand out at them.

Anthropomorphic Giant Squid sounds like fun.

I'm in your restaurants, eating calamari. :smalltongue:

Berserk Monk
2009-07-15, 05:54 PM
I'd probably be a bear.

Dragonrider
2009-07-15, 05:59 PM

I love goeducks. They're hilarious. Especially when they're school mascots (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoduck#Geoducks_in_culture) (see the second entry)....

(My dad went to Evergreen.)

Mr.Moron
2009-07-15, 06:07 PM
Dude, Giant Tortoise. Go through your extra-long life at a nice plodding pace. Not much in the way of enemies, little else to do but eat and reproduce. None of those high-stress mammal shenanigans. Plus, you get a shell, which is pretty badass.

Jesse Drake
2009-07-15, 06:14 PM
I'd be an owl-man. I've got owl-like eyebrows, I'm a nightbird, and very wise, plus I'd love to be able to fly. I'd also enjoy the great vision, something I'm not that well at is seeing things (I've got terrible eyes, though I'm not blind).

But if I were an owl-man, I'd bite anyone who asks me "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie-roll pop?"

Xondoure
2009-07-15, 06:18 PM
A raven. Aware of all the pain in the world and still able to laugh at the end of the day. They are also, the keepers of magic in native american shamanism. I would cope by flying, that in itself would be worth it.

Edit: They also represent magic in Norse mythology, as well as mysticism in may other cultures.

axarts
2009-07-15, 06:24 PM
I'd be an owl-man.

Mr. Owl-Man, how many licks does it take to ARGHLEBLARGdead

Anywho, if all of the humans wake up part some-other-animal.. are all the other animals waking up part human?

What about double-other-animals?

Will there be Narwhal-Bears? I call them Narbars. :smallbiggrin:

Jesse Drake
2009-07-15, 06:30 PM
What about double-other-animals?

Will there be Narwhal-Bears? I call them Narbars. :smallbiggrin:

Well, now you get the owlbears, bearhounds, and acid spitting sharks... But at least things would be interesting

kpenguin
2009-07-15, 06:31 PM
Dude, Giant Tortoise. Go through your extra-long life at a nice plodding pace. Not much in the way of enemies, little else to do but eat and reproduce. None of those high-stress mammal shenanigans. Plus, you get a shell, which is pretty badass.

This.

Or, of course, a penguin.

thubby
2009-07-15, 06:48 PM
mongoose, they're cunning, smart, and depending on which kind you look at loners.

Blayze
2009-07-15, 06:49 PM
I'd like to be a sloth. It doesn't get much more badass than that.

Mr.Moron
2009-07-15, 06:55 PM
I'd like to be a sloth. It doesn't get much more badass than that.

I don't know, it's not nice to give snails false hope. (http://pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF135-Volcano_Snails.jpg)

Ninja Chocobo
2009-07-15, 06:59 PM
so many cats..... why... I feel frightened.

Because KITTY!
kittykittykittykittykitty

RabbitHoleLost
2009-07-15, 07:19 PM
@^ NC, that's the first time I've ever wanted to hug you and go 'awww'.
Cause it was kinda cute.
You meanie meanie face

I'd be...a lemur. Not a Rabbit, actually, because those poor things have awful lives.
But a lemur?
Lemurs are badass.

Nameless
2009-07-15, 07:22 PM
I would go for either a cat or cobra.
I likes cats and cobras.
If not that, then a dog. Though dogs don't like Nameless. .-.

Guru
2009-07-15, 07:31 PM
I'd be some bird, a ferret, or some other small animal that had fur. I think I'd be sweet if I woke up as an anthropomorphic animal... except I'd be very concerned.

Berserk Monk
2009-07-15, 07:47 PM
It's weird: seeing this thread because I just finished reading Maus today.

Talwar
2009-07-15, 07:56 PM
I'd be a pig, content with my life of eating trash and wallowing in mud.

Despite retaining human speech, I'd feel obliged to grunt and oink at times.

Icewalker
2009-07-15, 08:03 PM
Hmm...

Now, I've been doing a lot of study of birds in the context of comparison to personalities, and I would absolutely be a bird. Now, for the context in which I'm doing this, my character is analogous to a Cave Swiftlet, although me personally, I'm going to go with the Wedge Tailed Eagle:

http://www.natureartists.com/art/resized/1136_Wedge_tailed_Eagle_small_file.jpg

As to how things would change...well, I'd be flying literally instead of metaphorically, although that was just a matter of time anyways. Assuming we ignore the problems of 'everything we have is built for humans to use oh god how do we use technology', then not much would change. I'd just be a bit more epic, and no longer need to learn parkour.

Owl would be somewhat close as well, although it represents the intellectual side of me instead of the ambitious side I was showing with the eagle.

...also I'd love to have eyebrows like this:

https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/jemeisel/web/images/Crested%20Owls.jpg

Agamid
2009-07-15, 08:26 PM
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2753/29/89/502622678/n502622678_1454494_5822022.jpg

RAAAAR! *stomp stomp stomp* *finds warm place to sit* mmmm, warm... zzzzz

RabbitHoleLost
2009-07-15, 08:27 PM
I was expecting that, Agamid. :smalltongue:

Mr.Moron
2009-07-15, 08:37 PM
Man, why do so many people wanna be fused with something that has to chase it's food? Waaay to much work.

Coplantor
2009-07-15, 08:41 PM
To answer this thread's question, first I'll have to answer this one: "Wich is the most awesome animal ever to exist?" I'll give the poster who guesses my choice 50 gazillions internet points!

RabbitHoleLost
2009-07-15, 08:50 PM
To answer this thread's question, first I'll have to answer this one: "Wich is the most awesome animal ever to exist?" I'll give the poster who guesses my choice 50 gazillions internet points!

Does Coplantor want to be....a platypus, by any chance?:smalltongue:

Coidzor
2009-07-15, 08:52 PM
I think he meant Autobots. ... Autobots are animals, right? :smallbiggrin:

axarts
2009-07-15, 09:09 PM
I think he meant Autobots. ... Autobots are animals, right? :smallbiggrin:

When compared to Decepticons, yeah. :smallamused:

kentma57
2009-07-15, 09:29 PM
A cat.
They are so cute, and so evil. :smallamused:

Also, I saw this coming. I get out my chainmail and great sword. Then I charge into battle(I don't know with who, but who ever it is they would fear how awsome I am).

That or I put on my suit. :smallbiggrin:

Coplantor
2009-07-15, 09:48 PM
Does Coplantor want to be....a platypus, by any chance?:smalltongue:

Congratulations lady, you just earned a gazillion Coplantor Points... I was lying about internet points...

Also, what are the possibilities of a future so advanced technologically speaking that I can transfer my mind into the body of a platypus tranformer?

rankrath
2009-07-15, 10:10 PM
I'd be a wolf, they're like dogs but better.

Pyrian
2009-07-15, 10:25 PM
If I woke up as an anthropomorphic animal, it'd be a dragon, and I'd assume it was time to head over to the masquerade. :smalltongue:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/Pyrian/Party/2009_LoJ/LoJ12_DragonPyrian1.jpg

However, if dragons are too fictional, I'd be a cat. And devour Ichneumon. Then, I'd go find and hit on this beauty:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/Pyrian/Party/2009_LoJ/LoJ12_PrettyKitty.jpg

Eldariel
2009-07-15, 10:35 PM
Bat. 'cause having sonar would be all kinds of awesome. And I could hibernate in caves. Although whale could also make for an interesting option. And out of landbound creatures, Grizzly Bear would be awesome. Anthropomorphic Grizzly Bear! RAWR! I have the right to bear arms!

Em Blackleaf
2009-07-15, 11:14 PM
I wouldn't want to be anything venomous. Being suddenly deadly kinda seems like a lot of responsibility. I would accidentally kill all of my friends, because I wouldn't have the instinctive knowledge that I have venom and how/when to use it.

Anyway, enough about what I wouldn't be. I think I'd be a Border Collie. Specifically, a tri-color Border Collie, with the black, brown, and white fur. I think they're supposed to be smart. I also strive to make others happy. I'm proud of my hair, and Border Collies have the prettiest fur. I'm also energetic and hyper all of the time. :smalltongue:

Although, I don't think I'd be any good with herding livestock. :smalltongue:

Erloas
2009-07-15, 11:22 PM
Well it depends if you are simply talking about becoming an animal that retains the inteligence of a human, or if you become a human with traits from the animals. While technically anthropomorphic means the former, common usage makes the latter an acceptable use most of the time.

Either way I would probably either choose a bird of prey, an eagle or a hawk, or a large cat, probably like a mountain lion.

Although being a very large grizzly bear, a moose, or a huge wild hog might be interesting too.

Coplantor
2009-07-15, 11:28 PM
Anyway, enough about what I wouldn't be. I think I'd be a Border Collie. Specifically, a tri-color Border Collie, with the black, brown, and white fur. I think they're supposed to be smart. I also strive to make others happy. I'm proud of my hair, and Border Collies have the prettiest fur. I'm also energetic and hyper all of the time. :smalltongue:

And you'd be the cutest thing ever!

TMC
2009-07-15, 11:32 PM
Me? Proabably a bobcat. I'm small, and not comparitively large or strong compared to others, but I'm smart, extremely fast and agile, like to lay around and do nothing, and am quite irritable.

Coping? I have some tilapia in the freezer.

Randel
2009-07-15, 11:35 PM
Hmm... A few ideas:

1. A raccoon since raccoons have almost always been my favorite animal, I would have excellent nightvision, cool stripes on my fur, and I'm always good at washing my hands. Plus, I think raccoons are a type of bear or something so I don't have to get locked some sort of 'are you a dog or are you a cat' thing.

2. Even more awesome than a raccoon would be an octopus, in particular one of those cool glowing ones that live far down in the ocean. They can change their coloration and create hypnotic patterns on the surface of their skin, and as long as we're getting anthropomorphic opposable thumb octopods then I might get some more traditional octopod color-changing powers so I can blend in with coral and rocks.

Result, an anthropomorphic octopus that can blend in with my surroundings, create hypnotic glowing patterns on my skin at will, survive at crushing depths at the bottom of the ocean (bones are such a liability), squeeze through anything my mouth can fit through, perform all sorts of crazy contortionist acts, and of course there is the possibility of sweet tentacle action!

littlequietguy
2009-07-15, 11:40 PM
Dragon
It would be fun when people email me asking what animal I turned into.
It assume it would be hard to type though.
If everyone was a different animal the mating scene would be mixed up a bit.

Coplantor
2009-07-15, 11:43 PM
Come on guys! Really! No other platypi? Think about it, you get to be anphibious (well, sort of)! You'll have poison, you are one of the two monotremes in existance! You'll even get a fancy beaver tail! Bign a platypus is like going gestalt on DnD!

Recaiden
2009-07-15, 11:49 PM
Come on guys! Really! No other platypi? Think about it, you get to be anphibious (well, sort of)! You'll have poison, you are one of the two monotremes in existance! You'll even get a fancy beaver tail! Bign a platypus is like going gestalt on DnD!

Sorry, I chose the better monotreme.

Coplantor
2009-07-15, 11:52 PM
Sorry, I chose the better monotreme.

It doesn't matter, monotremes are monotremes... RIGHT TILL THE EEEEEEND!

Tharivol123
2009-07-15, 11:58 PM
I'd probably be a betta. Not only they are my favorite kind of fish, but they are a lot like me. Prefer to be alone, and if you put me in a small area with someone I don't like, I will chase them out.
Alternatively, I'd go with eagle.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2009-07-16, 12:03 AM
I dunno. Sure, I'm a little lazy to have to chase my food. But I don't want to have to eat so much like the herbivores. And is being a reptile really worth all the heating problems? Would being a bird be worth the fragile, easily broken bones? And, of course, there's problems involved with mammals, too. The increased metabolism of some of the smaller species and the sleeping patterns of the larger, for example. What about creatures that live their entire lives in one place?

And, of course, the Carnivore Confusion.

Jesse Drake
2009-07-16, 12:09 AM
...also I'd love to have eyebrows like this:

https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/jemeisel/web/images/Crested%20Owls.jpg

You say that now...

Ichneumon
2009-07-16, 12:39 AM
So, the felines are popular... and I got devoured by Pyrian. Doesn't the murine life appeal to anyone?

jhaslund
2009-07-16, 05:16 AM
I think the Turritopsis nutricula (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turritopsis_nutricula) would be my best bet, given that I would then theoretically have achieved biological immortality. Which is nice. :smallcool:

Although only having roughly a diameter of 4.5 milimeters would be... inadequate, so I would only pick it if, as part of the anthropomorphication, my size increased by several size categories.
Then my only problem would be being overly squishy.

ghost_warlock
2009-07-16, 05:22 AM
:smalleek:
I can't believe nobody's said this yet...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/Golden_crowned_fruit_bat.jpg
I'm Batman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_Golden-crowned_Flying-fox)

I'd cope by stretching my wings and then GTFO of this stinky city!

Ichneumon
2009-07-16, 05:24 AM
Bats would be cool too.

Avilan the Grey
2009-07-16, 05:28 AM
Raven or Lynx, I think.
Both are cool animals that actually lives in Sweden.

Ravens are highly intelligent, playful, beautiful, mysterious and can fly.
Lynxes are like cats, only bigger and more beautiful. And I won't run up no tree if a Golden comes barking :smallbiggrin:
As with cats, I would sleep 14-17 hours a day. And then play with my food...

Now if we could pick anything? Raptor!

Player_Zero
2009-07-16, 05:30 AM
I'd be a human, humans being animals afterall. You're all crazy.

Cubey
2009-07-16, 05:40 AM
What kind of animal I would be? I don't know. I doubt there is a kind of an animal with basic personality nearly as messed up original as mine. What kind of animal I would *like* to be? Preferably a wolf. Some of the more majestic birds are a good option too.

How would I cope with the situation? I'd seriously consider shooting myself after realising that I now live in a world of furries.
But I wouldn't do that for a sole reason: hope that the process starts to reverse itself, and may or may not be stuck at the "human but with animal ears and tail" level. That, and I don't have a gun. Make that two reasons.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2009-07-16, 05:45 AM
I'd like to think I'd be a black puma (not a warthog:smallwink:) if this was the case. After all, got to look good in black no matter what anthropomorphic organism you are:smallwink:

Threeshades
2009-07-16, 06:05 AM
I'd be a Panda. ABRers won't find this a surprise, I know. Because I can tend to be reclusive, silent and peaceful, but if I get to know someone and develope a relationship to them, it's usually a close and long lasting one. Yet I can get angry and start mauling (or at least wanting to) anyone who tries to threaten or attack me or someone unable to defend themselves. Also I sit around and eat a lot :smallbiggrin:
And I like pandas in general. So yeah, I would definately be one.

Also how would I cope? I wouldn't really mind too much since it would make the world a lot more interesting. Humans are boring. Everyone's a human, so there's nothing special about it.

Hmm... A few ideas:

1. A raccoon since raccoons have almost always been my favorite animal, I would have excellent nightvision, cool stripes on my fur, and I'm always good at washing my hands. Plus, I think raccoons are a type of bear or something so I don't have to get locked some sort of 'are you a dog or are you a cat' thing.

Raccoons are related to martens, like weasels, ferrets, red pandas and such. Though that would still be closer to bears than to dogs or even cats.

OverdrivePrime
2009-07-16, 07:19 AM
I'd be a timber wolf for sure. I'm highly social and athletic, comfortable in a leadership position but good at following orders if someone else has more authority, and without my pack I feel lost and sad.

I was thinking about being a brown bear, but I just really don't like to sleep very much, and bears miss some of the most fun parts of winter!

If we went all mythological with our anthropomorphification, I think I'd be a phoenix. The phoenix has been my personal totem for years and years... but it's odd to imagine me with a bird head. (Odder than with a wolf head, anyway. :smallconfused:) Maybe a wolf with fiery wings then since mythology is all about bizarre hybrids.

Tempest Fennac
2009-07-16, 07:42 AM
I'd probably either be a fox or fennec. I'd class the new form as a huge upgrade as well.:smallbiggrin: (Even if I would need more practical clothing; jeans wouldn't go well with didgigrad legs.)

Sen Halfomoon
2009-07-16, 07:49 AM
A fox, a grey fox, too many red ones about. and I wouldn't have trouble, jean shorts for the win!

why, I'm timid like a small critter, but out there like a bigger one, prefer to avoid conflict, but can defend myself, and more then a little crazy, but in a good way.

StickMan
2009-07-16, 07:59 AM
I'm going to go with Timber Wolf. Totally kick but.

rakkoon
2009-07-16, 08:00 AM
A raccoon since raccoons have almost always been my favorite animal You, dear sir, are a man of great taste

Even more awesome than a raccoon would be an octopus

Though not consistenly :smallsmile:

A raccoon or badger would be nice, something predator like so that I don't get eaten, but not too big since I don't want to get into the whole more-alpha-than-you circus.

Ilena
2009-07-16, 08:21 AM
Definately a horse, no question about it, would prefer centaur but anthro is good enough,

Quincunx
2009-07-16, 08:23 AM
As much as I have an affinity for cats, I'd choose to take on the traits of a parrot.

Pros:
A beak and tongue are good substitutes for opposable thumbs
A voice which can cut through the crowd noise
Ability to fly and/or perch on impossible outcrops and/or poop on people I don't like
Finally able to look good in bright colors

Cons:
Cat people.

Threeshades
2009-07-16, 08:26 AM
As much as I have an affinity for cats, I'd choose to take on the traits of a parrot.

Pros:
A beak and tongue are good substitutes for opposable thumbs
A voice which can cut through the crowd noise
Ability to fly and/or perch on impossible outcrops and/or poop on people I don't like
Finally able to look good in bright colors

Cons:
Cat people.

I think ichneumon said we are going to be antrhopomorphic and will retain our opposable thumbs.

Quincunx
2009-07-16, 08:48 AM
It'll be as good as a third hand, then--many's the time I've wished for one in the midst of sewing. If everyone has suddenly woken up with wings and tails and what-not poking out of their old clothing, I will be very busy with alterations.

Jesse Drake
2009-07-16, 08:59 AM
If everyone has suddenly woken up with wings and tails and what-not poking out of their old clothing, I will be very busy with alterations.

No need... Look at Donald Duck, Anthropomorphic animal who doesn't wear pants. 'Sides, if all us birds had pants, how would we poop on stuff on the fly? Well, not that owls are known for that... Actually, I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with highschool students rummaging through my waste.:smallmad:

Eldariel
2009-07-16, 11:39 AM
:smalleek:
I can't believe nobody's said this yet...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/Golden_crowned_fruit_bat.jpg
I'm Batman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_Golden-crowned_Flying-fox)

I'd cope by stretching my wings and then GTFO of this stinky city!

Well, I did pick bats. Not least of which for that very reason.

I'd be a human, humans being animals afterall. You're all crazy.

Interesting; what does an Anthropomorphic Human look like? Something like a superhumanly human? :smalltongue:

Mauve Shirt
2009-07-16, 11:45 AM
A blue heron!

pflare
2009-07-16, 11:49 AM
Racoon becaue I'm curious by nature, sometimes to the point of imposition, but I'm also goofy and fun. Also I can sneak up on people realy well (despite being six foot one).

Hooded1
2009-07-16, 12:52 PM
I would want to be a turtle. Then, upon finding myself to be a giant anthropomorphic turtle, I would begin training to be a Ninja.
I really loved the TMNT as a kid. Still do actually.

Icewalker
2009-07-16, 12:52 PM
Congratulations lady, you just earned a gazillion Coplantor Points... I was lying about internet points...

Also, what are the possibilities of a future so advanced technologically speaking that I can transfer my mind into the body of a platypus tranformer?

Pretty good, actually. Depends on how well technology moves along, how old you are, and whether you are willing to go through some form of stasis such as cyrogenic freezing in case we just don't make it by the end of your lifespan.

...but yeah, I'm looking forward to immortality.

Anyway, surprised at how few birds we're getting here. We've got a few though.

Hannes
2009-07-16, 01:04 PM
Wolf.

I consider myself loyal as in holding my position in the community I'm in, defending and supporting those I see as pack, can keep on going if I want to for a long time etc.

Decoy Lockbox
2009-07-16, 03:22 PM
One morning, as Gregor Samsa was waking up from anxious dreams, he discovered that in his bed he had been changed into a monstrous verminous bug. He lay on his armour-hard back and saw, as he lifted his head up a little, his brown, arched abdomen divided up into rigid bow-like sections. From this height the blanket, just about ready to slide off completely, could hardly stay in place. His numerous legs, pitifully thin in comparison to the rest of his circumference, flickered helplessly before his eyes...

Jibar
2009-07-16, 03:49 PM
Wow, I'm actually kinda surprised it took 3 pages for somebody to get all Kafka up in this hizzy.

Shadowbane
2009-07-16, 11:08 PM
Wolf. Loyal to the pack, protective of all.

ghost_warlock
2009-07-17, 12:42 AM
Well, I did pick bats. Not least of which for that very reason.
Ah, I overlooked that...probably because of the bear-arms thing.

I have a long-sleeved t-shirt that has a picture of a bear holding a Winchester (?) with a slogan saying something about the right to arm bears. :smalltongue:

randman22222
2009-07-17, 04:26 AM
Do cherubim count as animals? I've had a non-religious fascination with them for a while now. :smallconfused:

Oh, and I don't mean the fat baby type of cherub...

Shades of Gray
2009-07-17, 04:29 AM
Me? Hmmm... Sloth most likely.

SDF
2009-07-17, 04:42 AM
I'd be an Irish Elk because I'm so freaking majestic.

Telonius
2009-07-17, 04:42 AM
Probably either a Turkish Van cat or a dolphin. I love to swim, cats are awesome, and dolphins are almost as smart as we are. (Arguably smarter, since they also have sex for fun, but get to play in the water all day).

Player_Zero
2009-07-17, 04:56 AM
Interesting; what does an Anthropomorphic Human look like? Something like a superhumanly human? :smalltongue:

It would look like me, because I'm already that awesome.

Khanderas
2009-07-17, 05:44 AM
Thinking some about it, Bear would fit me well. I already got the bodyhair figured out.:smallbiggrin:
Neither fully a carnivore nor herbivore, eat whatever suits my particular fancy, take the day as it comes. Secure and solitary in myself and my ways. Not prone to sudden anything, although not mentally slow thankyouvermuch, just like to consider what I do before I do it.

Intresting how people so often pick a carnivore / predator as their inner animal. Perhaps that says something about the human race. Exception being Sloths that I dont think I seen before in topics like this.

SDF
2009-07-17, 05:48 AM
Intresting how people so often pick a carnivore / predator as their inner animal. Perhaps that says something about the human race. Exception being Sloths that I dont think I seen before in topics like this.

Maybe, but the higher up the food chain you go the more evolutionary specialization you tend to see. Most people aren't going to relate very well to primary producers such as algae, while say a wolf with highly developed social skills to aid in hunting can be related to easier.

billtodamax
2009-07-17, 06:12 AM
Hmm... tough one.

Help me out here? Main personality traits:
Anti-confrontational
Procrastinating
Nice to most (I think)
While not a lack of self-esteem, I'll self-criticise to avoid embarrassment.

OverdrivePrime
2009-07-17, 06:25 AM
Maybe, but the higher up the food chain you go the more evolutionary specialization you tend to see. Most people aren't going to relate very well to primary producers such as algae, while say a wolf with highly developed social skills to aid in hunting can be related to easier.

^this

Also, we play the important role of weeding out the weak to strengthen the prey other species. :smallamused:

Khanderas
2009-07-17, 06:37 AM
True... true. Although microscopic life and up to insects can all but automatically be ignored for the purposes of this discussion I think.

But say... horses also have a pack mentality, herd leader and social steps.
Despite the incredible amount of horselovers, I have yet to see one claiming to have an "inner horse". Not to mention Monkeys/Apes, Birds, or other animals that facinate, awe and inspire us... but happens to not be a mammalian hunter of live prey with no natural enemies.
80% or more prolly picks feline or wolf/dog as their inner animal.

Also, we play the important role of weeding out the weak to strengthen the prey other species. :smallamused:
I think it is more a desire to be the top of the foodchain, and safety in knowing you can walk outside without being mauled to death for some strangers snack (that you are above the foodchain so to speak, and can help yourself to what you feel like), you are your own master and all that.

Ecalsneerg
2009-07-17, 06:38 AM
I'd have to say gecko, due to my being basically nocturnal, disliking cold and being unwilling to do much in strong sunlight but sleep on the bench in my garden.

Also: wall-crawling without being creepy and hideous like a spider. Awesome

Decoy Lockbox
2009-07-17, 09:04 AM
Wow, I'm actually kinda surprised it took 3 pages for somebody to get all Kafka up in this hizzy.

Me too. I made that post without reading most of thread, on the offchance that nobody had posted it yet. I'm as surprised as you are :smalleek:

Guess we need mo' literary sophistication in the playground.

Gem Flower
2009-07-17, 10:47 AM
I'd go with dolphin. They're smart and they love water.:smallbiggrin:

Jesse Drake
2009-07-17, 10:53 AM
Hmm... tough one.

Help me out here? Main personality traits:
Anti-confrontational
Procrastinating
Nice to most (I think)
While not a lack of self-esteem, I'll self-criticise to avoid embarrassment.

Closest I can think would be a sheep man, and with all the wolf men around I'd be careful.

Also, a dolphin person would be interesting to see... Wait, I have seen one.

http://www.dvdverdict.com/images/reviewpics/southparkseason901.jpg

Faceist
2009-07-17, 12:16 PM
Spider pls. I'm pretty dextrous and double-jointed already, and I'm fond of dark and cosy places. Plus I have a predilection for very rare meat (though I confess I don't enjoy the taste of flies very much) which would help on the carnivorous side of things.

billtodamax
2009-07-17, 03:46 PM
Closest I can think would be a sheep man, and with all the wolf men around I'd be careful.

Also, a dolphin person would be interesting to see... Wait, I have seen one.

http://www.dvdverdict.com/images/reviewpics/southparkseason901.jpg

Yes! Scored a sheep-man! :smalltongue:

Hell Puppi
2009-07-18, 12:07 AM
*cough* (http://www.elfwood.com/~rimessi/Puppy_from_Hell.3158193.html)

Although seeing as that probably wouldn't be allowed, it would depend. I'd probably end up a striped hyena:
http://www.sandiegozoo.org/animalbytes/images/striped_hyena_inset.jpg

Or one of these guys:
https://r1.dfg.ca.gov/Portal/Portals/12/SNRF/Red_Fox_Black_2003-01.jpg

Or a jackal. Probably any canine, really.

Rutskarn
2009-07-18, 12:07 AM
Bonobo. Next best thing to humans; I could probably skate along as one.

billtodamax
2009-07-18, 12:16 AM
Hmm... Chances of survival aren't looking good for poor ol' sheepman Bill.

Reinholdt
2009-07-18, 01:56 AM
Clearly I'd be...
A Ferret.
Clearly.

Anyone who disagrees has obviously been paying attention.

billtodamax
2009-07-18, 02:04 AM
I can't see any problem with that Reinholdt. Really, when I think of you, I think "Ferret". Well, first I think DarkBlue, but then Ferret!

Froogleyboy
2009-07-18, 02:22 AM
I'd be a bat. I love bats. They are misunderstood and feared for no apparent reason when truly thay are quite friendly.

Threeshades
2009-07-18, 06:48 AM
Some people seem to think with that transformation everyone went back to their new species's actual place in the food chain.
Remember people, its not about becoming actual animals, but anthropomorphic ones, still with your original intelligence and personality. And law enforcement would probably also still work. People will probably just be extremely confused, but bill the sheep does not have to worry about getting eaten by Hannes and Shadowbane the wolves.

It's simply about the kind of animal that suits you personality best.

Yarram
2009-07-18, 07:03 AM
I'd be a bear for sure. It'd be so comfortable being a great fat, sleeping beast.

kpenguin
2009-07-18, 07:31 AM
You soulless killing machine!

Linkavitch
2009-07-18, 11:38 AM
Huge, green, fire-breathing dragon. 'cuz it'd be made of sheer awesome.

Either that or a wolf. That'd be pretty awesome too.

EDIT: Just read through the posts and I realized just how many people would be a wolf. Wow. Another one that'd be awesome would be a Tiger, Saber-toothed, or Siberian.

Coidzor
2009-07-18, 11:48 AM
Some people seem to think with that transformation everyone went back to their new species's actual place in the food chain.
Remember people, its not about becoming actual animals, but anthropomorphic ones, still with your original intelligence and personality. And law enforcement would probably also still work. People will probably just be extremely confused, but bill the sheep does not have to worry about getting eaten by Hannes and Shadowbane the wolves.

It's simply about the kind of animal that suits you personality best.

Definitely an increased risk of being mauled to death and eaten though. Y'know, from the stress-induced freakouts and such. And if you were in bed with someone at the time of the change....

Yrgh!

Hannes
2009-07-18, 11:58 AM
Definitely an increased risk of being mauled to death and eaten though. Y'know, from the stress-induced freakouts and such. And if you were in bed with someone at the time of the change....

Yrgh!

Although you could just bite their hands off.

Oh come on, I was hungry for hands! I had the rumblies only hands could satisfy!

Shraik
2009-07-18, 12:03 PM
Do any animals fit the description of Arrogant with a great sense of humor, self respect, and easily fustrated?

Coidzor
2009-07-18, 12:50 PM
Do any animals fit the description of Arrogant with a great sense of humor, self respect, and easily fustrated?

Well, aside from the humor, there's cats, dwagons, and that's about all I can think of offhand.

And what it meant for someone to be an exotic lay would definitely undergo an overhaul.

About the only repercussions I can really think of are an increase in demand for anti-flea and tick precautions due to all of the people who have fur to deal with. Racism would probably hang its jaw in disbelief for a few weeks before finding a new way to get channeled, possibly into neo-neo-neo-nationalism or just plain specism. Less likely to me is the idea of breedsism.

Hell Puppi
2009-07-18, 12:56 PM
Maybe reptilians vs fur vs avian racism?

Draxonicar
2009-07-18, 12:58 PM
Probably a Galapagos turtle.

Slow, methodical, and powerful.

Also, its a FREAKING TURTLE!

EleventhHour
2009-07-18, 01:13 PM
Well, my first thought would have to be a cat, or a fox. But those are seriously too common of choices, and despite my own preference for them, I'd probably choose something more exotic. (Concious rebelling against commonalities, whoops.)

But what would be a good choice... Maybe a hawk, depending on how frail my bones would end up in order to acheive flight. :smallsmile:

Raz_Fox
2009-07-18, 01:13 PM
Well. Probably some animal with a reputation for cunning. A bright, yet small and wimpy, hunter. One with a slight predatory edge, but one that enjoys itself too much to be taken seriously as a pest. A smart little rascal.

Something with personal significance to myself. Like, so significant to myself that I'd put it in my name.

...Got nothin'.

Threeshades
2009-07-18, 01:15 PM
Maybe reptilians vs fur vs avian racism?

While amphibians, monotremes, fish and all the invertrebrates stand above it?

Coidzor
2009-07-18, 01:29 PM
I think the invertebrates would get the most animosity directed towards them, actually. Most people really dislike bugs and seeing man-sized, adapted bug-forms would probably push more than a few people over the edge in terms of irrational hatred. Crab people, not much better.

And I'd say the amphibians might get lumped in with reptiles as herps... but possibly not. *shruggery*

Those who know their science might get a bit confuzzled at the relationship between aves and reptilia... but that's tangentially related to this at best.

...I wonder if fish people would have both lungs and gills, non-functional gills, or if the gills would be disregarded altogether... Because that'd be really inconvenient if you developed gills and lost your lungs while in bed one night...

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2009-07-18, 02:30 PM
Plus, for a little while, society would crumble a bit. Chaos would run rampant in the streets, people would be panicking, for the first few days there'd likely be an increased death toll....

Damnit, why am I so pessimistic?

Oh hey, yeah. I'd probably be a turtle. Maybe a box turtle. I dunno.

Lupy
2009-07-18, 05:10 PM
A Star Turtle. :smallbiggrin:

North
2009-07-18, 06:38 PM
Lion. Im the boss who gets other people to do the work and bring me lunch. Its great to be the king :smallbiggrin:

Hell Puppi
2009-07-18, 07:16 PM
While amphibians, monotremes, fish and all the invertrebrates stand above it?

I didn't really think about them :smallredface:

I have to say it would take several years for me to stop freaking out about spider and cockroach people, so one could assume there would be some problems.

Kurien
2009-07-18, 08:16 PM
An anthropomorphic wolf. 'Cause wolves are just cool. I've been casually reading up about them for a while now. Although I don't know if my personality traits are similar to the wolfs'.

But y'know, just to stand out from all the other wolves, I'd be able to grow and ungrow giant eagle wings at will. Combines my two favourite types of animals.

TheBST
2009-07-18, 08:22 PM
A Macaw.

You get to fly, sass people and potentially live for over a century? Count me in.

Mystic Muse
2009-07-18, 08:50 PM
somebody's already posed this question but does this have anything to do with pearls before swine?

I'd be a Komodo dragon. the reason being they're my favorite animal and I would have one nasty bite.:smallamused:

HAHAHA RUN FROM ME PUNY ANIMALS RUN! the bunny will be the first to go

billtodamax
2009-07-18, 08:52 PM
My thick fluffy wool will protect me. Clearly.

Overlord Nicy
2009-07-18, 09:02 PM
Crab.
Make that Giant Crab.
Ultimate Crab. Battle.
Giant Enemy Crab?
GIANT CRAB BATTLE!
That Damn Crab- In human form!
You get the idea.

Mystic Muse
2009-07-18, 09:04 PM
Crab.
Make that Giant Crab.
Ultimate Crab. Battle.
Giant Enemy Crab?
GIANT CRAB BATTLE!
That Damn Crab- In human form!
You get the idea.

hehehe. I know who my next victim is. I love steamed crab :smallamused:

billtodamax
2009-07-18, 09:17 PM
None can face the sheepman! I'd totally become a superhero.

Recaiden
2009-07-18, 09:23 PM
hehehe. I know who my next victim is. I love steamed crab :smallamused:

I think I know who the crab's next victim is...
Also, put wasp down as my 3rd choice. And by third, I mean second. Antelope? What was I thinking. Yeah, echidna or wasp.

Arachu
2009-07-18, 09:34 PM
Depends on my mood on the day I transformed.

Spoilered for excessive rambling...

"Good" day - happy, fast talking (as in, quick, not convincing at all):
Some kind of bird, maybe? Wait, a wasp that isn't attacking anything. Because I work fast on good days.

"Bad" day - don't even begin to get me started :smallsigh:
Either a shark (tiger, specifically), when I'm feeling great anger, or a bear, when I'm feeling especially reclusive.

Of course, I'm reclusive all the time, but very much so and I'd be a bear.

I think...

... Also, jackal might fill the generality nicely. Reclusive, fast to anger (faster to express this), but somewhat calm otherwise, and my desire to stalk everything (offset by my lack of ability to do so, as well as basic logic regarding the two).

Yep, I'd be a Jackal-Dude.

... Who rests like a brick...

Xondoure
2009-07-19, 09:58 AM
Depends on my mood on the day I transformed.

Spoilered for excessive rambling...

"Good" day - happy, fast talking (as in, quick, not convincing at all):
Some kind of bird, maybe? Wait, a wasp that isn't attacking anything. Because I work fast on good days.

"Bad" day - don't even begin to get me started :smallsigh:
Either a shark (tiger, specifically), when I'm feeling great anger, or a bear, when I'm feeling especially reclusive.

Of course, I'm reclusive all the time, but very much so and I'd be a bear.

I think...

... Also, jackal might fill the generality nicely. Reclusive, fast to anger (faster to express this), but somewhat calm otherwise, and my desire to stalk everything (offset by my lack of ability to do so, as well as basic logic regarding the two).

Yep, I'd be a Jackal-Dude.

... Who rests like a brick...

Jackal Dude... now there's a super hero worthy of legends.

Syka
2009-07-19, 11:04 AM
Fox. Grey fox specifically, but fox in general. They are highly adaptable animals- live in every climate, eat pretty much anything available, etc. Certain subspecies are monogamous. They are very intelligent. They also don't like conflict but if cornered or their family is threatened, they will fight tooth and claw. Very much like me. It's why my tattoo is a fox.

How I'd react: "Dude! This is so freaking cool!"

nothingclever
2009-07-19, 07:27 PM
I'd be a small fish so I could just swim up to a much larger fish to end myself by willfully getting eaten.

*.*.*.*
2009-07-19, 07:42 PM
I'd be a Badger =D and then team up with a few Snakes to hunt the nefarious Mushrooms

Murska
2009-07-19, 07:44 PM
Wolf. Definately. People who know me... know why. :smallbiggrin:

Faceist
2009-07-19, 08:05 PM
I didn't really think about them :smallredface:

I have to say it would take several years for me to stop freaking out about spider and cockroach people, so one could assume there would be some problems.Don't worry. When you are ready to accept us, the spider people will welcome you with open arms.

All eight of them

Hell Puppi
2009-07-19, 08:07 PM
Don't worry. When you are ready to accept us, the spider people will welcome you with open arms.

All eight of them

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*breath*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

((seriously, that's an insanely scary image))

Felixaar
2009-07-19, 08:08 PM
A lemur!

Sorry, just watched a documentary on the cute little buggers.

Probably just a common house cat.

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-07-19, 08:48 PM
*looks side to side*

Armadillo?

Perenelle
2009-07-20, 02:01 PM
Probably a fox... generally quiet and sneaky but at the same time when they get angry they're vicious... and they can run fast..that seems close to my personality I think. They can adapt pretty well and they're intelligent. plus they're my favorite animal anyway. (:

Hylleddin
2009-07-21, 09:47 AM
Most of my friends think I'm very catlike.

But I'd rather be a hummingbird. Cause then I could fly. And not just the swooping and gliding most birds get. I could hover and go straight up and down and back and other cool things. Hovering in place with opposable talons would be very useful.

This is assuming we keep human life spans. Otherwise I'm going turtle. Hummingbirds don't live very long.

Shaybeanz
2009-07-21, 10:02 AM
I'd be a panda. I'd just do rolly pollys all day and look all cute and fuzzy :smallbiggrin:

Vmag
2009-07-21, 11:22 AM
I'll cop out and go with some sort of lagomorph. Let's say rabbit, seeing as that's the year I was born in anyways.

Now, rabbits are decent creatures. They look adorable, and they're pretty quick on their feet. A lot of people could consider rabbits to be of above-average cleverness, so that'd always be a plus.

If these animals are anthromorphic in nature, and I retain such human features as opposable thumbs and so forth, then the dangerous issue of size disadvantage and being on the low end of predator-prey relationships wouldn't be too bad.

Plus they're notorious sexual deviants. That's always good.

Shikton
2009-07-21, 11:26 AM
Meaning you'd be a real life playboy bunny. Except male (I suppose?).

Bouregard
2009-07-21, 01:58 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sloth

if you need a reason:

I needed three days to make me post this link.

Blackjackg
2009-07-21, 02:01 PM
Woolly Mammoth.

I'd actually look more or less the same, but with tusks. Biiiiiig tusks.

Coidzor
2009-07-21, 02:03 PM
And a prehensile nose... Unless you're ALF or something....

The Cat Goddess
2012-10-19, 10:34 PM
Uh...

Yeah.

Specifically a Siberian Tigress, while my GF would be a Lioness.

Extra bonus points if I keep my long hair (and it's striped too!)

Ravens_cry
2012-10-20, 12:32 AM
Despite my name, not likely a Raven or other corvid. They fascinate me for their intelligence, but they aren't something I would want to be.
For more typical choices, likely some kind of cat. More out there, some kind of snake.

noparlpf
2012-10-20, 08:55 AM
I dunno, a tarrasque? Lonely, hard shell AND spines. (I'm feeling emotions this morning, so I'm also feeling much more antisocial than normal.)

Asta Kask
2012-10-20, 08:58 AM
Cat. I'd look at myself, go 'huh', and go back to sleep.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-10-20, 09:09 AM
For what I'd like to be, either an anthro-gold dragon or an anthro-octopus, for wildly different reasons.

For what my personality and character would make me, either a tiger or a bear, probably.

Coping: since it's clearly happened to everyone else, and my self-identity is tied up completely in my philosophical outlook, I'd probably just shrug and roll with it.