PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Abjurant Champion

Caxton
2009-07-15, 05:35 PM
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I can't for the life of me find the thread. Abjurant Champion specifically mentions Mage Armor and Shield, which are not abjuration spells. Am I missing something here?

If not, what spells are good for a starting Abjurant?

Mr.Moron
2009-07-15, 05:49 PM
Shield is Abjuration.
Luminous Armor/Greater Luminous Armor work if you've got prepared casting, and are good-aligned. (BoED)

KillianHawkeye
2009-07-15, 05:53 PM
Actually, shield IS abjuration. Mage armor is not, and the reference was removed in the errata (despite how well it fits with what the Abjurant Champion is all about).

As far as spells that make use of the added AC bonus provided by Abjurant Champion, the main one is shield. For others, check out repelling shield from Complete Mage and the luminous armor series from Book of Exalted Deeds (if you're Good). Also, ectoplasmic armor from Libris Mortis, although I think it only works against incorporeals.

Caxton
2009-07-15, 06:17 PM
Ah yes. Sorry I was thinking of 2E, where Shield in Invocation oddly enough. Thanks for the suggestions.

quick_comment
2009-07-15, 06:21 PM
Actually, shield IS abjuration. Mage armor is not, and the reference was removed in the errata (despite how well it fits with what the Abjurant Champion is all about).

Also how it makes no sense at all that mage armor is conjuration.

Mage armor, all the orb spells (except vitriolic orb), teleportation and trap the soul should all be removed from conjuration.

Mage armor belongs in abjuration, the orbs belong in evocation, teleporation belongs in either abjuration or universal and trap the soul belongs in necromany.

Eldariel
2009-07-15, 06:46 PM

Mage armor, all the orb spells (except vitriolic orb), teleportation and trap the soul should all be removed from conjuration.

Mage armor belongs in abjuration, the orbs belong in evocation, teleporation belongs in either abjuration or universal and trap the soul belongs in necromany.

You think those are the only "wrong school" spells in the game :smallamused: You'll have a LOT of work to do if you want the schools to make sense.

KillianHawkeye
2009-07-15, 07:49 PM

Hey, I already know the school placings of a lot of spells don't make any sense. If you or the OP want to change them, that's fine, but then it becomes a house rule (also fine). However, I am unable to comment on such things. I simply answered the OP's question. :smallbiggrin:

In other words, I can only tell you what I tell you. :smallwink:

Thurbane
2009-07-15, 07:56 PM
Magic Missile (Force) = Evocation
Shield (Force) = Abjuration
Mage Armor (Force) = Conjuration

Huh? :smallfrown:

PrismaticPIA
2009-07-15, 10:39 PM
Magic Missile (Force) = Evocation
Shield (Force) = Abjuration
Mage Armor (Force) = Conjuration