PDA

View Full Version : Give me something to homebrew. [3.5]

Kellus
2009-07-15, 09:53 PM
So... yeah. I feel like designing something, so give me an idea. Base classes or prestige classes, preferably. First one I see that I like, I'll work up.

Come on, people! Everybody's got to have some crazy zany ideas, right? :smallwink:

EdroGrimshell
2009-07-15, 10:04 PM
Go for an alchemist, potion-like. Not like your typical potionist but rather unique powders and brews that do different things (Ex. dragon breath)

Then add in a few of the typical alchemist abilities and a little transmutation style and you have a fairly good idea for a base class

Vaynor
2009-07-15, 10:06 PM
Go for an alchemist, potion-like. Not like your typical potionist but rather unique powders and brews that do different things (Ex. dragon breath)

Then add in a few of the typical alchemist abilities and a little transmutation style and you have a fairly good idea for a base class

You'd probably need a progression to quicken the time needed to imbibe a potion, probably move -> swift -> free (limited per round).

Kellus
2009-07-15, 10:08 PM
Alchemist? I can do that. Leave the mechanics to me. :smallsmile:

Zeta Kai
2009-07-15, 10:11 PM
How about a Medium prestige class, one who speaks with ghosts & other spirits. It could derive divination spells via pacts, or simply be some kind of undead-centric Beguiler. Thoughts?

arguskos
2009-07-15, 10:16 PM
How about a base class that does things with vestiges, but isn't the binder? For example, it might summon a vestige to form in an avatar and attack his foes, or something.

Vadin
2009-07-15, 10:19 PM
A real challenge...4e!

Pramxnim
2009-07-15, 11:08 PM
How about... a base class or prestige class from the Megaman X universe (assuming you're familiar with the games of course). If you need more inspiration, check out the Cybernetic Gunner PrC in my meagre hombrew collection :smallsmile:

mikeejimbo
2009-07-16, 09:25 AM
Design something Steampunky!

The Dark Fiddler
2009-07-16, 09:27 AM
Heavy Armor, Dual Shield Wielding!

Wait, you're doing Alchemist thing? Too late? Damn.

EdroGrimshell
2009-07-16, 09:47 AM
Actually, he already finished the medium base class

lesser_minion
2009-07-16, 09:59 AM
A few ideas:

A bard-inspired base class with various supernatural powers relating to fey creatures?

A race or class which is actually a small animal with the power to assume a humanoid form (specifically this way around makes things more interesting, but you could do a rogue who turns into a small animal)?

A 'lesser vampire' progression with fewer drawbacks than normal vamps, but lacking some superpowers?

An Item Familiar fix?

Iferus
2009-07-16, 11:15 AM
From your ToDo list in the Truenaming thread:

Racial Substitution Levels

• Spellscale
• Aasimar
• Tiefling

Kellus
2009-07-16, 09:50 PM
Well, I melded Zeta Kai and arguskos' ideas together into the medium (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118405) base class (cough PEACH cough). I hit a road block on the alchemist when I was thinking about it last night, but I'll see what I can come up with. Unfortunately, I think the only way to do it properly is to make an enormous library of alchemical creations for them. :smallfrown:

More ideas are welcome!

EdroGrimshell
2009-07-17, 08:38 AM
Well, I melded Zeta Kai and arguskos' ideas together into the medium (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118405) base class (cough PEACH cough). I hit a road block on the alchemist when I was thinking about it last night, but I'll see what I can come up with. Unfortunately, I think the only way to do it properly is to make an enormous library of alchemical creations for them. :smallfrown:

More ideas are welcome!

If you need help, i have been working on that exact idea for a while. Need help with anything just PM me.