PDA

View Full Version : Spell-like ability Feat in the book of vile darkness?

Mindleshank
2009-07-15, 11:06 PM
All right when it comes to using the book with PCs could you change the feats to "Spell Feats" like when it say corrupt spell-like ability could you change it to corrupt spell since the benefit is the same.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-07-15, 11:09 PM
There's already a feat named Corrupt Spell. It probably does what you want it to. Check Libris Mortis, I believe.

Mindleshank
2009-07-15, 11:14 PM
Sorry i didn't mean that exactly just feats of the same nature like Quicken or Empower Spell-Like Ability that aren't metamagic but in the general sub type

Eldariel
2009-07-15, 11:17 PM
There should be a Spell-Like and Spell-version of both; the benefit is the same, yes, but the cost is different; Spell-feats have a level cost while Spell-Like feats require you to effectively be able to legally use the ability at a lower CL, and have a daily limit.

Direct conversion doesn't really work, but yeah, all "X Spell-Like" and "X Spell" feats could be converted to the other system with proper cost adjustments (although Persist Spell-Like Ability sounds a tad scary).

RTGoodman
2009-07-15, 11:18 PM
I'm not sure, but I think the Sudden metamagic feats might be what you want. It's stuff like Sudden Quicken, Sudden Empower, etc., which function like the normal metamagic feats but, like Quicken/Empower Spell-Like Ability, they can only be used a few times per day. I think most of them are in Complete Arcane.

Gaiyamato
2009-07-15, 11:21 PM
There are a whole bunch fo these in Dragon magazines.

Give it a look:
http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/featsform.pl

Mindleshank
2009-07-15, 11:32 PM
There should be a Spell-Like and Spell-version of both; the benefit is the same, yes, but the cost is different; Spell-feats have a level cost while Spell-Like feats require you to effectively be able to legally use the ability at a lower CL, and have a daily limit.

Direct conversion doesn't really work, but yeah, all "X Spell-Like" and "X Spell" feats could be converted to the other system with proper cost adjustments (although Persist Spell-Like Ability sounds a tad scary).

I see but the BoVD doesn't have equivalents but hypothetically if the costs were equal then it would make sense. That makes sense thanks

Mindleshank
2009-07-15, 11:34 PM
I have one more question though how do i cease being a pixie in the playground:smallbiggrin:

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-07-15, 11:37 PM
I have one more question though how do i cease being a pixie in the playground:smallbiggrin:

By giving me your social security number.

Eldariel
2009-07-15, 11:39 PM

It'll happen when it'll happen. When you grow up.

RTGoodman
2009-07-15, 11:41 PM

Try reading THIS (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45659).

Mindleshank
2009-07-15, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the input but i will probably just give my Social Security number to Pharaoh's Fist