PDA

View Full Version : Test of Spite Qualifier: Tarbrush vs JeminiZero

JeminiZero
2009-07-16, 09:25 AM
Qualifier for 2 first timers. If its ok, we'll use this map and assume this is the grand hall of some Dwarf Mountain Fortress.

{table=head]|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L
01| | | | | | | | | | | |
02| | | | | | | | | | | |
03| | |C|C| | | | |C|C| |
04| | |C|C| | | | |C|C| |
05| | | | | | | | | | | |
06| | | | | | | | | | | |
07| | | | | | | | | | | |
08| | | | | | | | | | | |
09| | |C|C| | | | |C|C| |
10| | |C|C| | | | |C|C| |
11| | | | | | | | | | | |
12| | | | | | | | | | | |[/table]

Arena Notes:
-C = stone columns (Whose destruction will NOT bring down the arena)
-No Exit or Entrances
-Walls, Ceiling and Floor are all polished stone which pose no difficult terrain
-Ceiling height = 30 ft (sometimes this matters)
-Moderate Lighting throughout

If you agree, the parameters for this match are:
1. All day buffs active, 1 round buff time.
2. Both characters know there is an enemy in the vicinity.
3. Honor system (no peeking on observer only spoilers)
4. Any rules disputes will be referred to one of the Test of Spite's DM, before match proceeds.
5. One of us will start at A-12, and the other at L-1 (diametric opposites). You can pick your starting spot.

Anything else you want to add. If you are fine with all this, you can start to roll for initiative.

Edit: Modified Map Code to make figure placement easier. Feel free to copy and paste the map and detailing your position to make Line of Sight issues easier.

tarbrush
2009-07-16, 10:35 AM
I start at A21. Because I'm just that cool :) Invisible Castle Ok for dice?

Initiative 1d20+1 → [10,1] = (11)

A tall, strange lookng man, with a curiously metallic glint to his skin appears in the arena. He's got a plain looking greatsword strapped to his back and is wearing a burnished chainmail shirt, with a stylised red figure in heavy armour emblazoned on the front. He takes a moment to mutter a spell, and look around.

For the observers, prebuffs are:
Persistent Sirine's Grace, Persistent Wraithstrike, Greater Dispel in to the Ring of Counterspells. Buff cast in round of buffing is Extended Shield

JeminiZero
2009-07-16, 10:41 AM
Invisible Castle Ok for dice?

Initiative 1d20+1 → [10,1] = (11)

Try to use the GiTP dice rollers. So for example. to roll for initiative at +1 it would be:
(roll)1d20+1(/roll)

Except that you replace brackets () with [].

JeminiZero
2009-07-16, 11:00 AM
Jack the (Trap) Monkey

A rather unusual figure appears. He bears mithral armor and shield, along with a heavy Mace, as well as a wide assortment of miscellaneous trinkets. His shape is humanoid, but he is clearly not one of the common races. Cloudy Grey fur sprouts out from between his Armor, and a short-haired tail twitches nervously as he senses danger. A pair of short black horns emerge from the corners of his forehead, and as his teeth chatter in fear, you can see they are sharp and long.

Seeing a being like this, you cannot help but think of a monkey.

He casts a spell from a wand, and then suddenly dissappears (ie. Hides in Plain Sight).

Initiative: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1] (with Dark Stalker)
Move Silently: [roll2]

Edit: Thats right. Jack the Trap Monkey has fur, tail and sharp teeth. And I got a natural 1 with terrible initiative modifier, so you can go first (if you can spot him at any rate). Also, I mispelt 'black'.

Observers Only:

1 Round Buff:
Standard Action: Cast Camouflage from Eternal Wand
Move Action: Hide in Plain Sight, while replacing Wand in Handy Haversack.

Observers Only:

All Day Buffs
Magic Aura (2 castings per day to cover all my magical gear)
Chameleon
Divine Insight
Magic Vestment (on Shield)
Greater Magic Fang (+3) on Bite
Greater Magic Fang (+3) on Gore
Non Detection
Contingency: Resilient Sphere (when I say "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here")

Ley Lines: I assume Jack channels Geomancer Ley Lines while buffing in the Mountain. His buffs gain +1 Caster level (effectively cast at 13).

Note: Magic Aura lasts Days/Level. Without Ley Lines, 1 casting can last 12 days. So 1 casting per day can cover 12 items everyday. I have prepared 2 castings per day, enough to conceal the auras of 24 magic items. I have 22 Magic Items, so that should be more than enough.

Observers Only:

Status
HP: 83/83
AC: 10 Base + 6 Breastplate + 5 Mithril Heavy Shield + 3 Dex Bonus = 24 / 21 Flat / 13 Touch

Spell List
Level 0 (4 prepared)
*Guidance
*Light
*Flare
*Inflict Light Wounds

Level 1 (6 prepared)
*Conviction
*Protection from Evil
*Shield of Faith
*Resist Energy
Expended:
*Magic Aura
*Magic Aura

Level 2 (6 prepared)
*Spiritual Weapon
*Spiritual Weapon
*Barkskin
*Wild Instincts
Expended:
*Divine Insight
*Chameleon

Level 3 (6 prepared)
*Word of Binding
*Displacement
Expended:
*Non Detection
*Magic Vestment
*Greater Magic Fang
*Greater Magic Fang

Level 4 (4 prepared)
*Divine Power
*Assay Resistance
*Freedom of Movement
*Murderous Mist
Expended:

Level 5 (3 prepared)
*True Seeing
*Wall of Stone
*Baleful Polymorph
Expended:

Level 6 (2 prepared)
*Summon Nature's Ally 6
*Antimagic Field
Expended:

tarbrush
2009-07-16, 11:07 AM
Spellcraft d20+13 to see what the spell was. EDIT Blarg, mistype.

Seeing how this was going to be played out, Elmaryn casts a spell of his own and vanishes from sight. It's invisibility. He then moves across to F12

I'm effectively a turn up at this point, so I'll just wait and ready and Thwack action :)

JeminiZero
2009-07-16, 11:13 AM
Jack likewise overhears his opponent's mutterings and tries to determine the spell cast.

Spellcraft Roll to determine buff round spell (tell me if you cast more than 1 from quicken, and I will make more rolls): [roll0]
Spellcraft roll to determine the spell just cast: [roll1]

Your last roll had some minor format problems. It should be:

(roll)1d20+13(/roll)

But with [] instead of (). Make a reroll and I'll let you know if you meet the DC.

Edit: I'm going to sleep now. Will continue this in 8 hours time.

tarbrush
2009-07-16, 12:43 PM
Buff spell was Shield, other spell was Invisibility.

Spellcraft again. [roll0]

It's your go :)

JeminiZero
2009-07-16, 08:57 PM
@Tarbrush: You easily identify the spell as Camouflage (+10 circumstance bonus to hide).

Jack the (Trap) Monkey

Open Spoiler if your Spot/Listen can beat the DCs:
Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

Jack sneaks south, from L1 to L2, and then west from L2 to I2.

A humanoid shaped mass of rock appear in square F4. It looks around wondering where its enemy is. If you have Line of Sight, you can see it and make a Knowledge-The Planes check to determine the nature of the creature (I think this is Trained only). If you beat the DC 14:

You identify the creature as a medium earth elemental.

Observers only:

Move Action: As above.
Standard Action: Channel Summon Nature's Ally 6 into the Summon Elemental Reserve Feat to gain a Medium Earth elemental for 6 rounds

Duration Counter
Camouflage: 99 rounds remaining
Summon Elemental: 6 Rounds Remaining

JeminiZero
2009-07-17, 08:08 AM
Oh, and I almost forgot to mention: Your Turn.

tarbrush
2009-07-18, 02:25 AM
Heya, sorry for the washout yesterday, real life kinda snuck up on me.

Spot and Listen both needing natural 20s [roll0] [roll1]
Knowledge: The Planes [roll2]

Move Silently [roll3] in case you can track me with listen.

Elmaryn shuffles his way slowly to F10 and puts his back against the pillar, ears alert for the strange man who vanished, but hearing nothing.

JeminiZero
2009-07-18, 02:51 AM
Spot and Listen both needing natural 20s

Actually, skills need to beat the DC to succeed. 1/20 is not automatic success or failure.

Listen Roll [roll0]

OK, and there is about 50 ft of distance between us, and since the penalty is -1 per 10 ft, that adds up to a -5 penalty to my Listen, giving a grand total of 11.

Actions in next post.

JeminiZero
2009-07-18, 03:28 AM
Oh wait, the Medium Earth Elemental (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Medium_Earth_Elemental) gets a listen check as well: [roll0]

Since its about 40 feet away from you, thats -4 for the distance, for a net total of 15.

JeminiZero
2009-07-18, 03:37 AM
Jack the (Trap) Monkey

Jack and his Elemental both hear loud clanging footsteps coming from the Centre South of the chamber. Jack sneaks in closer, while his Elemental realizes it must be an enemy. With a fierce roar it charges where it heard the sound.

Elemental Charges from F4 to F9:
Attack Roll: [roll0] (including Earth Mastery and Charge)
Damage Roll: [roll1] (including Earth Mastery)
Concealment: [roll2] (1-50 hits)

Edit: It misses due to concealment

Jack Sneaks Along:
Hide: [roll3]
Move Silently: [roll4]

Move Action: Move West from I2 to G2 and then South to G4
Move Action: Move South from G4 to G7

Observers Only

Duration Counter
Camouflage: 98 rounds remaining
Summon Elemental: 5 Rounds Remaining

tarbrush
2009-07-18, 05:25 AM
Reluctant to give up his spell to something as pathetic as the small elemental, Elmaryn slips to K10, trying to move quietly. Move sliently [roll0]

Silent as the grave. Of an insomniac zombie drummer :)

JeminiZero
2009-07-18, 06:10 AM
Being quiet isn't Elmaryn's strong point is it.
Jack's Listen: [roll0]
Elemental's Listen: [roll1]

Edit: And apparently listening isn't Jack's strong point either :smalltongue:

Your distance from both Jack and the Elemental is about 30 feet. So even after the -3 penalty, they can still hear where you are.

JeminiZero
2009-07-18, 06:19 AM
Jack the (Trap) Monkey

Jack and his Elemental both hear loud clanging footsteps go around behind the south east pillar. Jack stays still (reuse previous rounds Hide check) while the Elemental follows to attack.

Elemental will charge once more, using his Earth Swim ability to go straight through the stone pillars and end up on K9:
Attack Roll: [roll0] (including Earth Mastery and Charge)

Edit: And again miss due to concealment.

Edit 2: By the way, you might want to keep track of his invisibility timer. The rate this is going, our short term spells might actually start wearing off.

Observers Only

Duration Counter
Camouflage: 97 rounds remaining
Summon Elemental: 4 Rounds Remaining

tarbrush
2009-07-18, 07:41 AM
It's normal invis, so 1 min/level. I have an eye on my shield though. Arg, I want trueseeing.

A loud clacking noise emnates from where Elmaryn is standing. Observers (and DMs) He assembles his collapsible pole into a full 20' pole, and gets ready to wave it around.

JeminiZero
2009-07-18, 08:01 AM
True Seeing won't help you here as Jack's HiPS is an Ex ability, although it might get through his illusory Hide buff spells, reducing his Hide Score to +50 or +40.

Also, I would like to mention that poking a creature with a 20 ft pole is likely to constitute an attack that will break invisibility.

Jack the (Trap) Monkey

Jack and his Elemental both notice the loud clacking noise. The Elemental continues to attack where it hears the strange noise from.

Attack Roll: [roll0] (including Earth Mastery)

Observers Only

Duration Counter
Camouflage: 96 rounds remaining
Summon Elemental: 3 Rounds Remaining

tarbrush
2009-07-18, 08:34 AM
Yeah, it was kind of a desperation plan anyway, and since I don't have a square to poke, it's not looking like a brilliant plan.

Bored, Elmaryn draws his sword (as a free action) and lays into the Elemental.

Power attack for -3/+6 each time. I'm assuming that the Elemental doesn't get affected by a magebane weapon?

Attack 1[roll0][roll1]
Attack 2[roll2][roll3]

EDIT: Fairly obviously, he drops the pole.

JeminiZero
2009-07-18, 08:52 AM
OK, lets see, the first attack catches the Elemental Flat-Footed (AC 18) and you get an additional +2 to hit for being invisible. So thats a definite hit. By the 2nd attack, you are no longer invisible, so its a miss.

Since the Earth Elemental doesn't have spells or even SLAs, I don't think Magebane has any effect. So it takes 13 damage.

Jack the (Trap) Monkey

As Elmaryn sticks his blade into the Elemental, it roars in anger, and tries to hit back.

Jack hearing the commotion believes that now is a chance for a better look. He casts a spell (Spellcraft DC 15 to identify the spell):

Standard Action: Cast Detect Magic

And then sneaks in closer.
Hide: [roll2]
Move Silently: [roll3]

Move East from G7 to K7

Observers Only

Beguiler Spells
Level 0: 4/5 remaining
Level 1: 5/(3+2) remaining
Level 2: Glitterdust

Medium Earth Elemental
17/30 HP

Duration Counter
Camouflage: 95 Rounds remaining
Summon Elemental: 2 Rounds Remaining
Detect Magic: 60 Rounds remaining

tarbrush
2009-07-18, 12:02 PM
If it was flat footed it takes some extra damage for Iajutsu focus. You OK with that applying since I forgot about it? I'm easy either way. Iajutsu Check [roll0], damage to follow next post.

Spellcraft [roll1]

What general direction was the noise of the spellcasting coming from please?

Elmaryn continues to play Whack-an-Elemental, bracing his shoulderblades against an expected dagger between his ribs.

Again PA -3/+6
Attack 1 [roll2] [roll3]
Attack 2 [roll4] [roll5]

tarbrush
2009-07-18, 12:04 PM
[roll0] Extra pathetic Iajutsu damage.

Predictably, Elmaryn has magical auras.

JeminiZero
2009-07-18, 10:43 PM
Doesn't Iajutsu focus only apply if you attack immediately after drawing your weapon? Not that it matters, Jack is going to heal the Elemental this round.

The first attack misses, but the second one barely hits for 14 damage.

Jack the (Trap) Monkey

As Elmaryn jabs his blade into the Elemental, it roars in pain as a second sword-shaped hole is put in its torso. It tries to strike back:

After its attack, it appears to blink for a moment, as if fading out of reality and back in again. Immediately after the blink, all the damage done to it seems to have dissappeared.

Observers Only

Standard Action: Rechannel Summon Elemental to resummon the Earth Elemental. Since it dissappears and reappears almost immediately thereafter, I described it as a Blinking effect.

Medium Earth Elemental
30/30 HP

Duration Counter
Camouflage: 94 Rounds remaining
Detect Magic: 59 Rounds remaining

tarbrush
2009-07-19, 04:51 AM
Somewhat deflated but not too bothered, Elmaryn continues his seeming pointless assualt. The elemental's scratches don't seem to be getting so much as close at the moment. He seems to remember something, as his blade moves faster now.

I completely forgot the main schtick of my build, the persistent wraithstrike:smallredface: So all attacks from now on are touch attack

PA for -4/+8
Attack 1[roll0] [roll1]
Attack 2[roll2] [roll3]

JeminiZero
2009-07-19, 05:39 AM
That is something rather major to forget. In case you haven't figured it out, my Character's main schtick was to find and disable traps. And as part of that schtick, he can summon an elemental at will to tap dance on the trigger plate, while he stands a safe distance back.

Of course, coincidentally, that also makes for an extremely cheap attrition tactic of elemental spam, when combined with Hide in Plain Sight. :smalltongue:

Jack the (Trap) Monkey

The Earth Elemental is undeterred by the damage and continues to fight.

After its attack, it appears to blinks again and once more its wounds are healed.

Observers Only

Standard Action: Rechannel Summon Elemental to resummon the Earth Elemental.

Medium Earth Elemental
30/30 HP

Duration Counter
Camouflage: 93 Rounds remaining
Detect Magic: 58 Rounds remaining

tarbrush
2009-07-19, 07:27 AM
Elmaryn offers up a prayer of desperation to The Red Knight, and summons his ally, a fully fledged Drakkensteed, appearing in JK11,12.

Yeah, I never figured that HIPS could be so effective. And annoying. Problem is, I don't see how you're going to hurt me either :)

JeminiZero
2009-07-19, 10:26 AM
I figure that given Hide in Plain Sight and a limitless number of Elementals, they will eventually score enough natural 20s to win by attrition... :smalltongue:

Unless of course, you have Fast Healing or some such, then I will have to think of a plan to speed things up.

Jack the (Trap) Monkey

The Earth Elemental continues to attack.

Jack momentarily pops out of hiding to cast a spell (Spellcraft DC 15 to identify).

Standard Action: Cast Flare

Let me know if Elmaryn has spell resistance, and I will roll the Caster level check. Otherwise make a Fortitude Save vs DC 15. If you somehow fail:

Dazzled for 1 minute

JeminiZero
2009-07-19, 10:28 AM
After that he dissappears once more into the shadows.
Hide: [roll0] (including -20 penalty for sniping)

Move Action: North from K7 to K5

Observers Only

Medium Earth Elemental
30/30 HP

Duration Counter
Camouflage: 92 Rounds remaining
Detect Magic: 57 Rounds remaining

tarbrush
2009-07-19, 12:28 PM
Spellcraft [roll0]
Fort Save [roll1]
Both suceed on anything but a 1. And no, no spell resistance.

ACtions to come next post while I fiddle round with MS paint :)

tarbrush
2009-07-19, 12:29 PM
Man, even I've gotta admit that that's funny.

Being somewhat more competant that it's master, the Drakkensteep rampages straight up the centre of the room, to FG23, hoping to trip over the annoying hiding person on the way.

Resorting to desperation, Elmaryn uses Detect Evil, in a cone centred facing north of him.

JeminiZero
2009-07-19, 08:30 PM
Wow, thats really bad luck. Fortunately for you, that was only a cheap throwaway spell to probe for the presence or absence of spell resistance.

While his tactics may be somewhat evil, I give you my utmost assurance that Jack's alignment is in fact True Neutral. Mostly. Maybe. :smalltongue:

Well, I suppose Jack will try to take care of the Drakkensteed first. Prepare for minion fight! By the way, what should I roll to identify your Drakkensteed?

Jack the (Trap) Monkey

Jack moves quietly to a new position

Move Action: Go West from K5 to H5

The Earth Elemental continues to attack.

Attack Roll: [roll2] (including Earth Mastery)
Damage Roll: [roll3] (including Earth Mastery)

Immediately after its attack, it dissappears with a 'pop'. At the same time, a being composed of fire appears in square H2 next to the Drakkensteed. Knowledge The Planes DC 14 to identify it as

Medium Fire Elemental (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Medium_Fire_Elemental)

Observers Only

Standard Action: Rechannel Summon Elemental to bring a Fire Elemental in at square H2.

Medium Fire Elemental
26/26 HP

Duration Counter
Camouflage: 91 Rounds remaining
Detect Magic: 56 Rounds remaining

tarbrush
2009-07-21, 11:29 AM
Knowledge: Nature DC16 is your test.

Ignoring the elemental, the drakkensteed rampages around the north end of the pillar to AB56, again searching for something to trip over.

Elmaryn moves to F6 and gets ready to whack something. (ready attack action)

JeminiZero
2009-07-21, 08:18 PM
Knowledge Nature: [roll0]
(For some bizarre reason, Knowledge Nature was a requirement for the PrC Jack is using).

Jack the (Trap) Monkey

Jack moves again to a new position
Hide: [roll1]

Move to D8

The Fire Elemental, somewhat annoyed at being ignored charges at the rampaging Drakkensteed.

Diagonal Charge: Move to C7 and attack
Attack Roll: [roll3] (including Charge)
Damage Roll: [roll4]
Bonus Fire Damage: [roll5]
Burn: DC 14 reflex save or catch on fire for [roll6] rounds

Observers Only

Medium Fire Elemental
26/26 HP

Duration Counter
Camouflage: 90 Rounds remaining
Detect Magic: 55 Rounds remaining

tarbrush
2009-07-22, 04:29 AM
Elmaryn in turn charges the Fire Elemental, hoping to kill it before it kills his noble steed. Although the elemental's initial assualt didn't do much.

PA for 5, still touch attacks
Charge 1 [roll0] [roll1]
Charge 2 [roll2] [roll3]

Meanwhile, the steed reverses direction on itself and rampages to HI12.

JeminiZero
2009-07-22, 05:20 AM
First Attack hits, second one misses.

By the way, Drakkensteed has to make a DC 14 reflex save or catch on fire for 2 rounds.

Jack the (Trap) Monkey

Move to E4

The Fire Elemental, although seriously hurt, continues its attack on the Drakkensteed.

Diagonal Charge: Move to G3 and attack
Attack Roll: [roll2] (including Charge)
Damage Roll: [roll3]
Bonus Fire Damage: [roll4]
Burn: DC 14 reflex save or catch on fire for another [roll5] rounds

Immediately after its attack, the Fire Elemental seems to blink.

Observers Only

Standard Action: Resummon Fire Elemental

Old Medium Fire Elemental
3/26 HP

New Medium Fire Elemental
26/26 HP

Duration Counter
Camouflage: 89 Rounds remaining
Detect Magic: 54 Rounds remaining

tarbrush
2009-07-22, 06:11 AM
Elmaryn gives up on hitting the elementals, it's boring and doesn't seem to do anything.

The Drakkensteed continues to rampage to KL89.

Elmaryn moves to C7 and again readies an attack.

Ref 1 [roll0]
Ref 2 [roll1]

This is the worst game of battleships ever :)

JeminiZero
2009-07-22, 10:32 AM
Haha. At least you have a carpet bomber, which I am trying to shoot down with my silenced blow dart. Its not that bad yet. By my count, only 12 rounds have passed.

Well, the Drakkensteed passes the first save, fails the 2nd, so he catches fire for 1 round (this round I think) and takes another [roll0] fire damage.

Jack the (Trap) Monkey

Hide: [roll1]

Move to I5

The Fire Elemental, continues its attack on the Drakkensteed.

Diagonal Charge: Move to G3 and attack
Attack Roll: [roll3] (including Charge)
Damage Roll: [roll4]
Bonus Fire Damage: [roll5]
Burn: DC 14 reflex save or catch on fire for another [roll6] rounds

Immediately after its attack, the Fire Elemental seems to blink again.

Observers Only

Standard Action: Resummon Fire Elemental

Medium Fire Elemental
26/26 HP

Duration Counter
Camouflage: 88 Rounds remaining
Detect Magic: 53 Rounds remaining

tarbrush
2009-07-24, 04:55 AM
Reflex Save dc14 [roll0]

Elmaryn pulls out a wand and tries to soothe his steed's wounds.

The steed itself continues its game, moving to CD78.

UMD Wand of CLW [roll1]
Healing [roll2]

JeminiZero
2009-07-24, 05:12 AM
Jack the (Trap) Monkey

Jack appears and casts a spell. A blue glowing longsword appears and proceeds to attack the Drakkensteed.
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1] (Force Damage)

Spellcraft DC 17 to identify the spell as:

Spiritual Weapon

Immediately after casting the spell, Jack dissappears into the shadows once more
Hide: [roll2] (-20 for sniping)
Move Silently: [roll3]

Move to H9

The Fire Elemental, continues its attack on the Drakkensteed.

Charge: Move to E7 and attack
Attack Roll: [roll4] (including Charge)
Damage Roll: [roll5]
Bonus Fire Damage: [roll6]
Burn: DC 14 reflex save or catch on fire for another [roll7] rounds

Observers Only

Standard Action: Cast Spiritual Weapon, apply Lesser Rod of Extend for a total of 26 rounds. Apply Geomancer spell versatility to use Beguiler primary stat (Int) to determine bonus to attack in place of Wis.

Medium Fire Elemental
26/26 HP

Duration Counter
Spiritual Weapon 26 rounds remaining
Camouflage: 87 Rounds remaining
Detect Magic: 52 Rounds remaining

tarbrush
2009-07-24, 04:03 PM
Where did Jack appear? It kind of affects where I send ol' steedy. Who you are having miserable luck attacking thankfully.

JeminiZero
2009-07-24, 08:01 PM
He appeared in I5. But he moved after that so he's not there anymore.

tarbrush
2009-07-25, 03:43 AM
Ref [roll0]

The Drakkensteed rolls to HI12 in a striaght diagonal, still desperately trying to find the annoying yet ineffectual man.

Spellcraft [roll1]

Elmaryn waits to see if his steed trips over anything, and if it doesn't, moves to I10 and gets ready to whack.

JeminiZero
2009-07-25, 08:43 AM
I would like to point out that I10 is inside one of the stone columns. :smalltongue: Not that it matters much for this turn.

Jack the (Trap) Monkey

The blue sword follows the Drakkensteed and continues its assault.

1st Attack Roll: [roll0]
1st Damage Roll: [roll1] (Force Damage)

2nd Attack Roll: [roll2]
2nd Damage Roll: [roll3] (Force Damage)

And the Fire Elemental, as well.

Charge: Move to G3 and attack
Attack Roll: [roll4] (including Charge)
Damage Roll: [roll5]
Bonus Fire Damage: [roll6]
Burn: DC 14 reflex save or catch on fire for another [roll7] rounds

After the attack, it flickers, while Jack quietly moves to a new location

Hide: [roll8]
Move Silently: [roll9]

Move to D8

Observers Only

Standard Action: Resummon Elemental

Medium Fire Elemental
26/26 HP

Duration Counter
Spiritual Weapon 25 rounds remaining
Camouflage: 86 Rounds remaining
Detect Magic: 51 Rounds remaining

tarbrush
2009-07-30, 10:15 AM
After having spent a couple of days racking my brains, I'v come to the pretty certain concluson that I can't beat you, so rather than having this drag on for days/weeks/months, I'm gonna concede. Just can't beat that hide check :(

Congratulations on a well built trapmonkey, and next time, I come with mindsight :)

JeminiZero
2009-07-30, 11:03 AM
After having spent a couple of days racking my brains, I'v come to the pretty certain concluson that I can't beat you, so rather than having this drag on for days/weeks/months, I'm gonna concede. Just can't beat that hide check :(

Well, you can always send this character against others. There are still people in the main thread ooking for matches, most of which (hopefully) aren't hiders. :smallsmile:

Congratulations on a well built trapmonkey, and next time, I come with mindsight :)

Thanks. Although in truth he's terribly unoptimized, compared to some of the crazy builds running around out there :smalleek: (Hulking hulers that deal 123d6 damage? Halfling souleaters that drain all your levels in 1 round from a distance?)

tarbrush
2009-07-30, 04:00 PM
Well, yeah. I'd beat the halfling at least, Soulfired armour screws his tricks right up :)