PDA

View Full Version : How to play an Erduite/Wizard Cerebremancer?

Myrmex
2009-07-16, 12:35 PM
How should spell prep go? Should I prepare my normal complement of Batman spells, and then use Erudite to spam something offensive, or should I prepare off the wall stuff and do Batman with Erudite? Should I use the Erudite's ability to spontaneously cast any wizard spell I know proactively or reactively, eg, wait until I need to use a knock spell, or just spam glitterdust.

Before you jump on my back about lost caster levels, I will end with 18 wizard/18 erudite at level 20, and then get +10 to both of those, for 28/28, as well as using my int score x2 for bonus power points, bonus spells, and save DCs, as well as being able to mitigate metamagic/metapsionic costs by burning power points/spell slots.

Flickerdart
2009-07-16, 12:38 PM
Wait, you're using Spell to Power Erudite? Then why do you need to theurge when you can already cast those spells?

quick_comment
2009-07-16, 12:39 PM
You just hand your DM an index card that says "I win"

Also, make sure you take practiced manifester(Erudite). Never lose manifester levels, its even more important than caster level because it effects your augmentation cap.

Myrmex
2009-07-16, 12:40 PM
Wait, you're using Spell to Power Erudite? Then why do you need to theurge when you can already cast those spells?

Because casting 2 spells/day isn't that terrific, nor is needing to be 5th level to cast 2nd level wizard spells.

You just hand your DM an index card that says "I win"

It's only "I win" if I do it right. You only win with a wizard, for instance, when you pick the good spells out of all the crap.

Also, make sure you take practiced manifester(Erudite). Never lose manifester levels, its even more important than caster level because it effects your augmentation cap.

That's a good idea. Then I can Psychically Reform it away when (or if) I ever get 5th level in Mind Mage.

grautry
2009-07-16, 12:52 PM
A word of warning:

Exception: If a character with erudite levels gains at least as many levels in another psionic class as he has in his erudite class, he permanently loses the ability to add additional powers (above and beyond the two gained at each new erudite level) to his repertoire of powers known.

Cerebremancer is a psionic class.

So, unless you have an extremely lenient DM this might not be the best idea around.

Myrmex
2009-07-16, 12:57 PM
A word of warning:

Cerebremancer is a psionic class.

So, unless you have an extremely lenient DM this might not be the best idea around.

DAMMIT!!!!

grautry
2009-07-16, 01:11 PM
DAMMIT!!!!

Look at it this way - your DM already approved of a Spell to Power Erudite so convincing him to be lenient on this issue shouldn't be all that hard.