PDA

View Full Version : Miko question(s)

Saknussem
2009-07-16, 02:33 PM
Okay, I looked and looked. I know Miko basically gets chopped in two, right? But is she brought back by the Necro(wo)mancer? Sorry, I know this makes me look like an OotS idjit, but I am old. hehe
Really, what happened to Miko? Can you give me the relevant strip numbers, please? Thank you. I realize I am probably way too late or way too early and am missing the strips, but there you go. Is the story of her death considered a mini-arc or does it have much more connection and importance to the primary plot?
I realize this is rambling, but my pain meds really hit me hard today and my brain is pretty fuzzy. Thanks again

Kaytara
2009-07-16, 02:39 PM
Strip 465 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0465.html) is the last we see of her. Tsukiko thinks about raising a body as an intelligent undead but decides against it. It's Rich's way of screwing with the audience expectations, namely those that an important dead character MUST be reanimated back into a semblance of life to further threaten the heroes.

Needle
2009-07-16, 02:40 PM
Tsukiko didn't rasied her because of she being chopped in half, and Miko can't be resurrected by anybody else since her body parts were certainly lost after that day, and there doesn't seem to be a Cleric to cast True Resurrection in this world, or at least, one that can be cont(r)acted by the Azurites.

So well, her fate is to stay dead, or so I guess :smalltongue:

Liwen
2009-07-16, 02:43 PM
I'll help! Miko died and indeed got chopped in two in this comic (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0464.html).

The very next comic after this one (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0465.html), Tsukiko happens to walk close to it wishing to create a undead warrior of great power, but realize she would need a whole corpse, not half of one and drop the idea.

This is the last time Miko is seen in the comic, the end of her story. The Giant wanted to show that redemption is not achievable by everyone and that sometimes people just die without ever having a chance. This is proven by the title of the first comic I've linked 'Not for everyone' and is also spoken upon by the author in one of the commentaries of 'War and Xps'. She is also later referred once or Twice by O-Chul and Xykon for her late act of destroying Soon's gate or falling from paladin hood, but that's it

Berserk Monk
2009-07-16, 03:45 PM
Okay, I looked and looked. I know Miko basically gets chopped in two, right? But is she brought back by the Necro(wo)mancer? Sorry, I know this makes me look like an OotS idjit, but I am old. hehe
Really, what happened to Miko? Can you give me the relevant strip numbers, please? Thank you. I realize I am probably way too late or way too early and am missing the strips, but there you go. Is the story of her death considered a mini-arc or does it have much more connection and importance to the primary plot?
I realize this is rambling, but my pain meds really hit me hard today and my brain is pretty fuzzy. Thanks again

No one knows. We've yet to see where in the afterlife she ended up. The giant just showed Tsukiko walking past her half-corpse as a joke because so many people thought she might come back as something evil.