PDA

View Full Version : d20 Modern Hardness and Hit Points

Miyako
2009-07-16, 07:45 PM
I have been looking for tables about different materials in d20 Modern. I cannot find hardness and hit points for structure materials, and other things. I wanted to make a building, but I cannot find this very important piece of information.

Another_Poet
2009-07-17, 08:46 AM
Hi Miyako,

I have to admit I don't play d20 modern. That said, no one else has replied so I have a suggestion for you.

There are only three modern building materials that aren't covered in the D&D SRD. Well, three major ones: concrete, steel and plastics.

For concrete, just treat it as 1 less point of hardness than stone (so Hardness 7 & 15 hp/inch).

For steel, upon checking, it is actually in the D&D SRD and it is treated the same as iron (hardness 10 & 30 hp/inch).

For plastics, these vary so much in type, strength and purpose that no one stat block will cover them all. Just look at the most similar material to the type of plastic in question and use those stats. Close enough.

I hope this helps. Here is the link if you want it:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/exploration.htm#smashinganobject

Dhavaer
2009-07-17, 08:54 AM
The materials table is in the combat section, under Special Attacks: Attack an Object. Here's the SRD (http://www.12tomidnight.com/d20modernsrd/SpecialAttacks.php).

Callos_DeTerran
2009-07-17, 08:59 AM
For the most part, I'd say just play it by ear. Most PCs I've met don't considering going through the walls or burrowing around their targets as an acceptable course of action, especially in d20 modern, so you just have to keep an eye out for what you think would damage the walls,floors, ceilings, etc. Grenades (thermite, regular, white phosperous), impromptu explosives, heavy weapons, HIGH strength score with big-arse weapon. Ridiculous amounts of regular bullet damage can count too I suppose.

Just remember glass is ridiculous easy to break (I believe it has hardness 2 or 3) and only 5 hitpoints, that fires should start a sprinkler system, and describe damage to the surroundings as you think it would be and that SHOULD satisfy your players unless (again) they want to start going through walls.