PDA

View Full Version : I need Templates and Level Adjustments

ScionofImperius
2009-07-17, 01:24 AM
I am looking for level adjustments and templates for a rogue character. The game i am playing in does not allow any eberron or forgotten realms. I need a total of a +4 LA, and something that works well with rogue. only other issue is i cannot use half fae feral or aasimar.Thank you in advance for any help

*EDIT* i forgot, he does not allow unearthed arcana or psionics.

Gnorman
2009-07-17, 01:26 AM
Spellwarped Tiefling?

Pika...
2009-07-17, 01:26 AM
I am looking for level adjustments and templates for a rogue character. The game i am playing in does not allow any eberron or forgotten realms. I need a total of a +4 LA, and something that works well with rogue. only other issue is i cannot use half fae feral or aasimar.Thank you in advance for any help

This sounds intneresting.

Can you please tell me why you need to have templates, for a total of +4 no less? In most games DMs try to surpress such things, so I find this interesting.

quick_comment
2009-07-17, 01:31 AM
Dark template, in tome of magic is +1 and grants you +10 to speed, +s to move silently and hide, and hide in anything besides full daylight, even while observed.

ScionofImperius
2009-07-17, 01:31 AM
This sounds intneresting.

Can you please tell me why you need to have templates, for a total of +4 no less? In most games DMs try to surpress such things, so I find this interesting.

The DM decided that since no one ever uses level adjusted races, and no one ever takes the templates, he would run a game in which every member of the party has to have a plus 4 level adjustment. I am currently playing with 3 half celestials, a half fiend, a derro, and i am a feral half fae aasimar, and a pixie is joining us. his only requirement was that there be nothing from eberron forgotten realms, or unearthed arcana, and that when your character is dead and isnt raised, you cannot use any part of his races or classes in your new character

coincidentally where is spellwarped?

Eloel
2009-07-17, 01:37 AM
Triple Evolved Necropolitan. Be a Cleric or DN, feel the fun.

Xenogears
2009-07-17, 01:47 AM
Spellwarped is in MM3.

Oh be a varoot from Fiend Folio. Now your a mirror person (LA+3 so would need a template). Also you get some cool powers.

Vaynor
2009-07-17, 01:48 AM
coincidentally where is spellwarped?

Monster Manual 3.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-07-17, 01:53 AM
Shadow Creature in Lords of Madness is +2 and is just perfect for this type of character.

A variant Half-Fiend (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630a) would be good for a +4 LA, such as a Half-Kelvezu (MM2). I'd apply it to a Whisper Gnome in Races of Stone.

Maybe go with a natrual Lycanthrope, if you can use a +3 LA and 1 racial HD in place of the +4 LA. A Whisper Gnome (RoS) Were-Serval (Sandstorm) would get amazing ability score and skill bonuses, plus Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat.

Xenogears
2009-07-17, 01:58 AM
Try a dark creeper. Sneak attack and evasion built in, fair stat boostss (+6 dex), blindsight as an Ex ability, and a few other powers.

JellyPooga
2009-07-17, 03:31 AM
If you can include Racial HD in that LA, then Marrulurks (Sandstorm) make good combat rogues... +4 ECL (3 Monstrous Humanoid Racial HD, +1 LA I think) very good stat mods (including a significant Str bonus whilst being a Small creature), a racial death attack (which is, unfortunately, based on racial HD but if you end up in a PrC that grants a Death Attack, then you might be able to persuade your DM to let it stack) and a few other little goodies. Only drawback is RP implications...

Irreverent Fool
2009-07-17, 04:31 AM
No use of the feral template? I refuse to participate.

Large rogues can be quite fun. There's nothing like a large creature disappearing into the shadows only to emerge in a fury wielding a greataxe and cleaving an enemy in half with a power/sneak attack. I don't have any examples at the moment, however.

My main recommendation is the Skulk from Races of Destiny. It has two racial hit dice and an LA of +1. It has Move Silently and hide as racial class skills for its two humanoid hit dice, can run while hiding and moving silently with no penalty, gains +4 dexterity and has a +8 racial bonus on Move Silently and a +15 racial bonus on Hide checks.

The best part? You can stack a +1 LA template on this before you reach your +4 limit. (cough Dark template cough)

obnoxious
sig

Dixieboy
2009-07-17, 04:33 AM
No use of the feral template? I refuse to participate.

Large rogues can be quite fun. There's nothing like a large creature disappearing into the shadows only to emerge in a fury wielding a greataxe and cleaving an enemy in half with a power/sneak attack. I don't have any examples at the moment, however.

My main recommendation is the Skulk from Races of Destiny. It has two racial hit dice and an LA of +1. It has Move Silently and hide as racial class skills for its two humanoid hit dice, can run while hiding and moving silently with no penalty, gains +4 dexterity and has a +8 racial bonus on Move Silently and a +15 racial bonus on Hide checks.

The best part? You can stack a +1 LA template on this before you reach your +4 limit. (cough Dark template cough)

obnoxious
sig

combine with say... "dark" (Mentioned in this thread) and it makes for a very sneaky dude.

Cyclocone
2009-07-17, 04:56 AM
Lolth Touched, +6 str, +6 con and immune to fear; yours for +1 LA.
Well, you also become CE and have to work for Lolth instead of for the lulz.

There's also Fire Souled, +4 cha, free Leadership and fricking immunity to Daze! also for +1 LA.

Irreverent Fool
2009-07-17, 05:04 AM
Lolth Touched, +6 str, +6 con and immune to fear; yours for +1 LA.
Well, you also become CE and have to work for Lolth instead of for the lulz.

There's also Fire Souled, +4 cha, free Leadership and fricking immunity to Daze! also for +1 LA.

Where the heck is fire souled from?

Sneakers McGee mock-up
28-point buy
STR 14
DEX 16
CON 12
INT 14
WIS 10
CHA 8

Hit Dice: 2d8+2 racial and 1d6+1 rogue.

Since you start with maximum at first level as a player, Sneakers has 10 plus 1d8+1 plus 1d6+1. (20 average)

Ability Scores: +4 Dex, -2 Wis, -4 Cha

Skill points: Maximum ranks have been assigned to Move Silently and Hide. Sneakers has 10 skill points remaining from his racial hit dice and 8 from his rogue level. The class skills for his racial hit dice are move Silently and Hide.

Skills:

Feats: Sneakers has two feats to choose.

Environment: As a Dark creature, sneakers is considered Extraplanar on all but the plane of shadows.

Sneakers McGee
Dark Skulk Rogue 1
Medium Humanoid [Extraplanar]
{table]Hit Dice:| 2d8+2, 1d6+1 (21 hp)
Initiative:| +5
Speed:| 40
Armor Class:| 15 (+5 Dex)
BAB/Grp:| +1/+3
Attack:| by weapon
SA:| Sneak Attack
SQ:| Innate Nondetection, Peerless Camouflage, Trackless Path, Darkvision,Hide in Plain Sight, Resist Cold 10, Superior Low-Light Vision
Saves:| Fort 0, Reflex 5, Will 0
Abilities:| Str 14, Dex 20, Con 12, Wis 8, Cha 4
Skills:| Move Silently 25, Hide 34
LA:| +2[/table]

I think the dark template is worth it just for Hide in Plain Sight. However your DM may be a little more lenient with the restrictions on hide and you may not need it.

obnoxious
sig

Cyclocone
2009-07-17, 05:12 AM
Where the heck is fire souled from?

Dragon #314. It's also here (http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Templates.pdf) (pdf).