PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5] Poisonous Humanoid?

Warclam
2009-07-17, 07:04 AM
As a fond user of alter self, I like to think of ways to use it for as many different purposes as possible. Lately, I was trying to think of a way to use it to non-lethally subdue opponents. The obvious answer, at least to me, was a form that had a natural non-con poison attack. I looked through the monsters I know, though, and didn't find any. Does anyone know one?

Alternatively, is there a different way to use alter self for non-fatal combat?

Cyclocone
2009-07-17, 08:04 AM
Poison is usually an (Ex) or a (Su) quality, neither of which is granted by Alter Self.

You could just Alter Self into a human and beat the target up with your fists, that ought to give you your non-lethal damage.:smallwink:

Nonlethal Damage with a Weapon that Deals Lethal Damage
You can use a melee weapon that deals lethal damage to deal nonlethal damage instead, but you take a -4 penalty on your attack roll.

Lethal Damage with a Weapon that Deals Nonlethal Damage
You can use a weapon that deals nonlethal damage, including an unarmed strike, to deal lethal damage instead, but you take a -4 penalty on your attack roll.

Eldan
2009-07-17, 08:16 AM
The Nathri (Planewalker's Planescape campaign setting) have a poison spike, though the poison is incredibly weak with a DC of 11.

Salvonus
2009-07-17, 08:53 AM
The Nathri (Planewalker's Planescape campaign setting) have a poison spike, though the poison is incredibly weak with a DC of 11.

Add Venomfire (Cleric 3, Druid 3, Ranger 4, Serpent Kingdoms p. 158) on top of that, and it suddenly becomes VERY nasty. 1d6/CL acid damage (uncapped) with every attack made with naturally produced poison? 1 hour/level buff? Yikes. :smallconfused: