PDA

View Full Version : Any had some experience with Rogue Trader?

king.com
2009-07-17, 08:05 AM
AS the title says, thoughts? Good/ Bad?

Burley
2009-07-17, 08:11 AM
Two questions:
A) Do you mean Traitor?
2) If A=No, then is this some sort of food? Do I eat it?

infinitypanda
2009-07-17, 08:29 AM
Nope, sorry. But now I'm curious about it too. I wonder how different from Dark Heresy it will be.

Krrth
2009-07-17, 09:19 AM
AS the title says, thoughts? Good/ Bad?

Not yet. Waiting for the main rules to be released. They've got a quickstart prepackaged adventure out, but it really doesn't tell you much other than it's the same rule set as Dark Heresy.

Edit: For those who want more info, here ya go (http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=78).

bosssmiley
2009-07-17, 09:44 AM
It's the WH40K RPG we've been hoping and homebrewing for since the original "Rogue Trader" came out, and it uses the tried and tested WFRP/Dark Heresy game system.

GRIMDHARKH Star Trek/Traveller: what more do you need to know?

NPCMook
2009-07-17, 09:59 AM
I may join my friends when they start up this game, unfrotunately that won't be around till September, which I believe is the release date that Amazon is stating. Characters start out a bit more well geared than they would in Dark Heresy

Krrth
2009-07-17, 10:03 AM
I may join my friends when they start up this game, unfrotunately that won't be around till September, which I believe is the release date that Amazon is stating. Characters start out a bit more well geared than they would in Dark Heresy

The book is listed as being due in August on the Fantasy Flight Games website.

They also have different talents. The explorer sample lists basic weapon training (universal) for 500 points, and melee weapon training (universal) for the same cost.

edit: A "bit" more well geared? The sample lists a choice of a bolt gun, best quality las gun, or good quality hellgun. And a servo skull.

infinitypanda
2009-07-17, 10:13 AM
The book is listed as being due in August on the Fantasy Flight Games website.

They also have different talents. The explorer sample lists basic weapon training (universal) for 500 points, and melee weapon training (universal) for the same cost.

edit: A "bit" more well geared? The sample lists a choice of a bolt gun, best quality las gun, or good quality hellgun. And a servo skull.

...holy ****.

Krrth
2009-07-17, 10:18 AM

...holy ****.

From the Explorer (Tech-priest career) web preview
(http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=644)

STARTING SKILLS, TALENTS & GEAR
Starting Skills: Common Lore (Machine Cult, Tech) (Int), Forbidden Lore (Archeotech, Adeptus Mechanicus) (Int), Literacy (Int),
Logic (Int), Speak Language (Explorator Binary, Low Gothic, Techna-lingua) (Int), Tech-Use (Int), Trade (Technomat) (Int).
Starting Trait: Mechanicus Implants (see page 366).
Starting Talents: Basic Weapon Training (Universal), Melee Weapon Training (Universal), Logis Implant.
Starting Gear: Boltgun or best-Craftsmanship lasgun or good-Craftsmanship hellgun, best-Craftsmanship shock staff or good-
Craftsmanship power axe, Enforcer light carapace, multikey, void suit, injector, sacred unguents, micro-bead, combi-tool, dataslate.
The Explorator also begins play owning and controlling one servo-skull familiar (see page 375).

infinitypanda
2009-07-17, 10:55 AM
Wha... what? That's what my acolytes had after two months of weekly Dark Heresy, and I even admit that I gave them too much gear! Whatever they're fighting on those worlds they're exploring must be extremely beastly to warrant that kind of gear.

Krrth
2009-07-17, 10:58 AM
Wha... what? That's what my acolytes had after two months of weekly Dark Heresy, and I even admit that I gave them too much gear! Whatever they're fighting on those worlds they're exploring must be extremely beastly to warrant that kind of gear.

Check out the web starter adventure. In order to make a profit, they get to explore all those worlds that no one else wants.

Gotta love first contact missions.

If you don't complete the mission, you don't get paid.

infinitypanda
2009-07-17, 11:15 AM
After reading the adventure, this looks pretty cool. I like how it uses the same system, so I can still use all my Dark Heresy books.

king.com
2009-07-17, 11:51 PM

I know geezzzzz. First Contact is going to go: LOOK OUT ITS NOT HUMAN!
BLAST IT!!!!