PDA

View Full Version : Planejammer Factions: Red Party

afroakuma
2009-07-17, 10:32 PM
Having just returned from a whirlwind first mission for your new guild, you find yourself in Ways & Means Plaza in Sigil's Market Ward. As your recruiter's untimely and rather gruesome death left him little time to discuss guild policy with you, a guild official is to give you a formal orientation.

The Plaza is vast and crowded with all manner of beings. Five of them, roughly as tall as humans and draped in pitch-black cloaks, huddle together in a nearby alley, with colored glows escaping the folds of fabric from time to time. A wanderer with a light-emitting head strides by, and you note that his cranium is separate from his body. Two oxlike creatures reeking of sulfur banter with a large, blue, six-armed worm. A being like a housecat with four giant arachnoid limbs glides down a main thoroughfare. Wings, horns, snouts, auras, reeks and tails of all manners assail your senses.

You've been given a letter containing directions to Radical Avenue and the Wayfinders' Guildhouse, where you are to meet with one Paumpa Sas.

Lyndworm
2009-07-18, 05:27 AM
Norixitu Koniwasi watches the beings go about their business quietly. He has a fleeting urge to taste the worm, but shakes the idea out of his head. Nori knows better than to start something here, especially now. With a sadistic-sounding rasp escaping his throat, Nori makes his way towards Radical Avenue and the Guildhouse.

OOC: Are we (the Red team) separated or together at this point? Also, I call 006655 for dialogue.

afroakuma
2009-07-18, 07:21 AM
The team is together but has only just met through the recruiter.

Eldan
2009-07-18, 08:08 AM
Takhra Shir's face displays a mixture of fascination and disgust as he glances over the collection of garden dwellers surrounding him. So much wasted meat.
Still, the Nathri could not complain: his new occupation couldn't be much worse than hunting cranium rats and gallow ravens for food.
The three-foot tall warrior looked up at his companions. Even his considerable amout of hair included, they were taller than him. That would make them easier to hit if necessary.
"So, will any of you be able to help me in any useful way?"
Talking revealed, as always, his finger-long razorteeth.
"Or do I have to give you a part of the money for just standing in the back looking stupid?"

Emong
2009-07-18, 09:56 AM
Elros

Elros glances at the creatures milling about him with disdain. They all seem so vulnerable, almost as if he could just reach out and crush one of them with one hand.

The savage Nathri's comment jolts him out of his reverie. He slowly turns to face him as he begins to speak.

"As much as I'd love to have you do all the work, I will be helping with this missions to the best of my ability."

Lyndworm
2009-07-18, 01:25 PM
Amused by his comments, Norixitu turns back to his smaller comrade. "Don't worry little one; you won't be having all the fun." As he speaks, Nori's scars stretch and pull at his face, combining his outer beauty with a hideous secret.

ForzaFiori
2009-07-18, 03:07 PM
"Do you really think I'd be here if I wasn't going to do anything? I have much better things to do with my time." Kirikus replies offhand. "So does anyone know where the piss were supposed to meet this guy?"

Lyndworm
2009-07-18, 03:25 PM
"Of course not. I'm deliberately moving towards a specific direction out of pure wanderlust and have no idea where I'm going." Nor replies sarcastically. He continues moving towards Radical Avenue, albeit somewhat more annoyed now then a moment ago.

afroakuma
2009-07-18, 03:56 PM
You follow in the wake of the crowd left by an intimidating minotaur, with Norixitu in particular drawing concerned stares. You pass a pair of floating silver sharklike creatures, a golem who has been hit in the face with a duck, a group of what look to be paladins protesting a brothel, a sentient puddle whipping around along the ground, several three-headed bats, the odd fairy and an armored humanoid wrapped in bandages.

Moving along, you pass several taverns, including the Sulfrous Stain, and find yourselves on Radical Avenue.

Lyndworm
2009-07-18, 04:20 PM
"Gentleman, we've arrived." Looking around, Nori can't help but feel a little impressed with the city around him. "I don't know about you folks, but I could use a drink before we jump back into bed with the Guild."

afroakuma
2009-07-18, 05:57 PM
Off on a side street, you hear a thunderous noise as something large, beige and featureless drags itself along, and chaotic sounds in its wake.

There are several taverns nearby, including the Spitting Giff, the Silver Skipper and the Ten-Eyes Tavern. It looks like there is a more elite pub on the third story of a nearby building, La Merchant. There is also a shadier den, with a few protesting paladins in front, whose sign proclaims "Elizinia's Emporium of Evil and Eatery."

Lyndworm
2009-07-18, 06:25 PM
"I'd suggest avoiding Elizinia's unless you want to draw more attention to yourselves. La Merchant might not let us in without a fight... Something low-profile would suit our needs best. Why don't you put it to a vote while I pretend to care about your opinions?" Nori crosses several of his arms and leans into himself while he waits for a valid response.

Emong
2009-07-18, 07:32 PM
Elros

"I'm inclined to agree the Marilith about Elizinia's. And I'd rather avoid having to battle with someone, so that rules out La Merchant. Out of what's left the Ten-Eyes Tavern appeals to me the most."

After speaking Elros looks around at the others, waiting for their responses.

ForzaFiori
2009-07-18, 08:22 PM
Kirikus glances around and thinks to himself quickly before speaking. "I say Ten-Eyes. Its closest, and there isn't much of a difference in the three taverns. They all have luke-warm beer, almost pretty girls, and less than savory characters.

afroakuma
2009-07-18, 08:30 PM
With relative concord, you proceed to the Ten-Eyes Tavern, denoted by a wooden beholder hanging from its door. Inside, you find a comfortable tavern atmosphere, with a bar and stairs leading both up and down. Raucous tavern noise rings in your various hearing orifices.

Various beings move their various supports to the side to let Norixitu pass. It's clear that this tavern has accommodated larger guests in the past. On the stairs going to the next level, a tall, winged humanoid with emerald skin surveys your party and narrows its eyes, appearing to speak with some unseen presence before coming down to call a waitress. A party of various adventurers are in consultation with a muscular, vaporous spirit with a stout jaw and a thick-woven hat. A pair of bariaurs pass you on their way out.

Various others, including tieflings, githzerai, a skeletal being who sips from a black stone ewer and a couple of beholders, mill around this floor.

Lyndworm
2009-07-18, 09:25 PM
"Now this is my kind of tavern... Good choice, Kirikus, Elros. Let's get to relaxing then, shall we?" Nori nods to his companions and makes his way towards the bar, relishing in the movements of the crowd, and how quickly they all try to get away from him. Nori knows it could be just as easily from politeness as fear, but their movements bring his darker tendencies to the front of his mind. Now against the bar, he slaps a fistful of gold pieces against the counter. "Bring me something strong and dark. A rich taste, preferably seasoned. The sooner the drink is festering in my gullet, the more trinkets are in it for you."

afroakuma
2009-07-18, 09:31 PM
The barkeep turns and fixes Nori with a hard glare, then separates five gold pieces from those on the counter, casts them into a till under the bar and hums menacingly. The stone wall behind him ripples and a crimson bottle with a narrow, spiraling neck floats through it as though through water, coming to rest in the barkeep's hand.

His hard gaze flicks back to Nori, who can see that the barkeep's eyes are quite bloodshot, and have jagged lines transfixing them horizontally. He grunts in a low voice: "Thrushed ashenport. No color. Broken or no?"

Lyndworm
2009-07-18, 09:57 PM
Nori watches the man with a detached sort of amusement. When the barkeep asks Nori about his drink, a smile creeps onto his face. "Surprise me. I have a feeling you know what you're doing."

afroakuma
2009-07-18, 10:11 PM
The barkeep scrutinizes the smug marilith for a moment, then hoists the bottle by the base and smashes the neck of it against a stone striker on the countertop. As the liquid spills over his hand, he passes Nori the shattered bottle, which is filled with a deep red liquid and smells heady and pleasant. The barkeep then takes a shaker from a sidebar and shakes out some fine gray powder over his hand before rinsing it in a basin.

Lyndworm
2009-07-18, 10:42 PM
"Ha ha! Ha, good show, barkeep." Nori looks at his bottle thoughtfully for a moment, runs a finger around the broken edge and looks back up. He leans in over the bar and all trace of emotion drains from his face, save a touch of rage about his eyes. In a voice so low that only the barkeep is meant to hear it, he says "Don't do it again." Nori straightens up, and puts his mask of amusement back on. "We don't want any misunderstandings." Nori throws the man another GP as promised, drains the bottle in one gulp, and moves to a corner of the bar where he can keep an eye on things.

afroakuma
2009-07-18, 10:44 PM
Norixitu
I'm going to need a Will save, please.

Lyndworm
2009-07-18, 10:56 PM
Afroakuma
Norixitu has Spell Resistance 5, just so you know.

[roll0]

OOC: Huzzah, some action. Not that I was bored or anything, I was just hoping we/I could get into some shenanigans before we went back to the Guildhouse.

afroakuma
2009-07-18, 11:02 PM
Norixitu
I assure you, it won't help. There are disadvantages to being on the lam from demon society. Not understanding a barkeep's offering is one of them. :smallamused:

You have suffered [roll0] and [roll1] (temporary) and your alignment shifts to chaotic good for the next hour. You feel indescribably wonderful as a rush of pleasing euphoria runs down the length of you.

At least it tasted good. Could have used a little something, though.

On the bright side, I imagine you'll be in quite a foul mood when it wears off.

The barkeep maintains his hard look at Nori, who drinks his beverage in one gulp and promptly keels over backwards with a goofy smile on his face. A couple of the patrons gawk; a few more smirk and the barkeep shakes his head while looking mildly curious.

Within a minute, the crowd is ignoring him, and Nori has righted himself, still with a rather stupid smile on his face.

Lyndworm
2009-07-18, 11:35 PM
Afroakuma
OOC: Haha! I am indescribably entertained right now. Good idea, good plot device... I'm already playing the game and you're continuing to get me psyched for it. You do not disappoint, Afro.

Nori, with a pleasant smile on his face, weaves his way back to the barkeep. "I'd like to thank you for the drink... and apologize for my earlier rudeness. My fortune smile on your endeavors." Nori smiles at the man, and finds a table at which to rest.

OOC: I'm going to head to bed soon, and I'm not sure how tomorrow will go. I should definitely be able to post a few times, though. Good luck, and good night.

Eldan
2009-07-19, 04:16 AM
Takhra Shir

The Nathri watches his new companion while he collapses on the floor like the useless garden-dweller he is, before turning back to the barkeeper.
"Got any Liquid Vapors? Deep ethereal, preferably, and not too intoxicating. Oh, and do you have any snacks? I'd prefer something crunchy, if you have that. Bones, perhaps, or whole nuts."

afroakuma
2009-07-19, 07:12 AM
The barkeep grunts, "Six gold," and then hums again. A conical, ice-blue glass comes through the wall and is passed to you. The barkeep grabs a wooden bowl from under the counter, calls "nuts" and tosses it to a nearby waitress, a tiefling by the look of her, who goes over to a large barrel and scrapes near the bottom, coming up with a bowl filled with various nuts in shades ranging from pasty beige to dusky gray.

Emong
2009-07-19, 09:03 AM
Elros

Elros stifles a chuckle as Nori's attitude is modified.

"Fool, he should have known that this is not a place where anyone can be a barkeeper. Oh, and I'd like something... flavorful, if at all possible."

OOC: I'll be on the road most of today, so this'll likely be the last post I make for a few hours.

afroakuma
2009-07-19, 09:12 AM
The barkeep reaches into midair and begins flicking his fingers as though paging through a book. He then peels aside the air to reveal a wine rack, from which he selects a bottle.

"Berry wine. From Rashemen on Toril. 4 gold. Yes?"

Emong
2009-07-19, 09:42 AM
Elros

"That sounds perfect, I'll take it." Elros reaches into his pack and pulls out the gold, which he places on to the counter.

OOC: Okay, I lied this will be it for a few hours.

afroakuma
2009-07-19, 09:48 AM
The barkeep passes off the bottle to a waitress, who fills a glass and takes the money as the barkeep closes the dimensional wine rack and attends to another customer. He spares a glance for the whacked-out Nori and comments, "Didn't think he'd be ready for that, arrogant berk. Still, never had thrush before? I thought he was a fiend?"

Eldan
2009-07-19, 10:13 AM
Takhra Shir

Slamming down a handful of gold coins on the bar, Takhra sniffs at the glass, then takes a small sip, careful after what happened to his colleague.
After that, he takes a handful of nuts and begins to smash them between his teeth, quite loudly.

afroakuma
2009-07-19, 10:17 AM
The misty liquid is as Takhra remembers, while the nuts run the gamut from bland to mildly sweet, from caramel to rich smoky goodness. That last one in particular is quite new and appealing to Takhra, causing him to rifle through the nuts to find the culprit, a gray, wrinkled almond-shaped nut.

I hope you've all made the appropriate deductions from your gold.

ForzaFiori
2009-07-19, 03:36 PM
Kirikus sits at the bar and waits for the bartender to finish with the others before ordering. Give me the strongest mead you have, and make it quick. As the the bartender gets the drink, he turns to his companions. So how long are we going to stay here until we go meet this guy?

Eldan
2009-07-19, 03:44 PM
Takhra Shir

"Not too long, I hope. Finish your drinks, then go, I'd say."
The Nathri exhales a cloud of vapour from his nose, shimmering in all the colours of a rainbow.

Emong
2009-07-19, 05:49 PM
Elros

"Right, we probably shouldn't stay here much longer."

Once he says this Elros drinks down his glass of wine, savoring the flavor.

afroakuma
2009-07-19, 06:12 PM
The bartender charges Kirikus 5 gp for the mead.

Lyndworm
2009-07-20, 02:58 AM
Nori looks around the bar as if he'd never been in such a place before. Though obviously infatuated with the tavern, he remains at his table, muttering quietly to himself.

Emong
2009-07-21, 05:15 PM
Elros

After finishing his wine, Elros walks over to Nori dodging past the other bar-goers on the way.

"Hey Nori, come on, we should be leaving soon."

As he says this he kicks Nori slightly, trying to hurry him along.

"Takhra, Kirikus, hurry it up, I'd rather not be late to this meeting."

OOC: Where is everone? Everthing just sort of stopped.

afroakuma
2009-07-21, 05:35 PM
Nori doesn't have legs.

I don't know. Perhaps they're looking for a prompt from me? But then, nobody's done anything...

ForzaFiori
2009-07-21, 06:23 PM
Kirikus stands and follows Elros out. So where are we headed? he asks as they exit.

OOC: sorry about not responding, I had no internet yesterday and the beginning of today

Lyndworm
2009-07-21, 07:54 PM
Looking up at Elros with a hurt expression on his face, Nori rises as he says "Alright... but where are we going again?"

Emong
2009-07-21, 08:14 PM
Elros

"Have you honestly forgotten? The whole reason we're in this part of town is to go to the Wayfinders' Guildhouse and talk to this 'Paumpa Sas'."

Having taken care of that Elros continues out the door.

Lyndworm
2009-07-21, 10:08 PM
"Oh, right... Wait for me!" Norixitu heads after Elros, rising above the crowd so as not to get lost.

Eldan
2009-07-22, 01:22 AM
You know, I didn't even realize all these names were puns before you mentioned it in the "looking for hooks" thread. Paumpa sass. Heh.

Shoveling the last few nuts in his mouth, Takhra follows the rest of the group.

ForzaFiori
2009-07-22, 10:29 AM
Yea, I remember the whole pampa sas thing at the guildhouse. What I meant was where is the guildhall? Kirikus says as he follows everyone else out. Though, since everyone is here, I don't really care anymore.

afroakuma
2009-07-23, 09:00 PM
You make your way down Radical Avenue to the guildhall, a massive, sprawling complex much like an enormous tree bedecked with bazaars, pavilions, towers and plazas. A large group of creatures is waiting outside what looks to be the main entrance.

Lyndworm
2009-07-24, 05:11 AM
Nori, with a confused, yet serene, look on his face, saunters to the front of the group and slithers towards the group gathered outside the Guildhouse.

OOC: Where is everyone? It's gotten rather quiet around here... are the other parties moving along any more swiftly?

afroakuma
2009-07-24, 08:09 AM
I suspect the delays are in part my fault. Once I've recovered from surgery, expect a lot more vigilance.

Eldan
2009-07-24, 12:31 PM
"Hrrm."
Takhra Shir looks over the scene with an annoyed expression before putting a hand on the heft of his axe and yelling:
"OY! Move aside everyone!"

Sorry, I got a pretty hefty flu yesterday evening. Spent most of the day in bed. It's a little better now with some meds, but don't expect too many posts the next few days.

afroakuma
2009-07-24, 10:49 PM
As you mill through the throng, a blue-skinned, duck-billed humanoid with several large, floppy ear-flaps emerges from the main entryway. He looks extremely disdainful, and speaks in a nasal, condescending tone.

"I am Paumpa Sas, your guild proctor. You are late for your scheduled orientation. Follow me inside now so we can get this over with."

Sas leads you inside the main pavilion, within which is a massive lobby teeming with adventurers, with flashes from transportation magics going off in every which way.

"This is the main lobby of the guild," says Sas. "Much of your sundry business with the Wayfinders will take place here. The public," he gestures around to various beings, "is permitted to enter this lobby, and it is here where they meet individual guild members, post contracts and charters and otherwise integrate themselves into guild functions."

"Now, this lobby plays host to most standard guild parties. You'll note the black and ivory sash guild members wear. To the right you will find our mercenary and security services; Euan Watarhme is the head of that department. Should you need to, you may retain the services of a guild security officer there."

The tour passes by the far wall, beyond Watarhme's hallway.

"Here we have the quartermaster's. The guild issues rations as required by the contract you serve, and may also issue other products as need be. Of course, you may make purchases yourself, but might I remind you that your guild membership does not entitle you to a discount here."

Passing the long lineups at the quartermaster's, the tour exits the lobby and begins ascending up the guildhall's core in a slow spiral.

"Our numerous departments and facilities branch off from this central area. We have festplazas, festhalls and private bazaars to hire, and the public auctioneers' is below as well. Our port- yes, what is it?" Paumpa Sas sighs, as one trembling bariaur raises a hand.

"The...er... 'facilities?'"

"Centauroid, two at the sides of the stairs, two at each plaza, one on the previous terrace and one on the next. Mind the basins, they connect to Water and Vacuum, and don't concern yourself with your mess, it's replenished from Earth." Sas' ear flaps fan out broadly in irritation.

"To continue, there is a private tavern for guild members upstairs, as well as transitory quarters. As a member of the Wayfinders, you gain access to our exclusive bazaar."

You stop several levels up, at a waiting area with several chairs and other, more exotic supports, in a red carpeted antechamber fronting a massive pair of marble doors.

"Now then, you may wait here until Guildmaster Wey's orientation presentation. Are there any questions for me?"

afroakuma
2009-08-04, 08:14 PM
A sound from behind signals a glorious reprieve from the nasal squawking of Paumpa Sas. Turning, you see that the stone doors have opened, and the crowd of would-be fortune seekers slowly moves into the auditorium.

As you enter, you see a main podium with several smaller podiums, each manned by a different being, save the one at the center. When the crowd is settled, your hated tour guide walks up to the stage, formally introduces himself and then, perhaps sensing the general sentiment in the room, introduces the guildmaster, Avery Wey.

As Sas leaves the stage, the rear wall begins to convulse and ripple. Arcane lightnings and sparks dance across its surface. A rift, blazing with blue and prismatic light, widens the length and height of the wall, revealing a cloudy gray sky and the branches of a tree of fantastic size. The prow of a great ship comes through the portal, and a humanoid jumps down from it, stepping up to the podium to fair applause. He appears to be a human with tousled brown hair and wild blue eyes, wearing ivory and black with weapons stowed liberally around his person.

"Greetings, all! I am Avery Wey, the Guildmaster of the Wayfinders' Guild! Ten years ago, in the wake of the lich Vecna's attack on the city, I founded this guild to..."

Wey begins veering off into the history of the guild, but snaps back quickly enough when he senses the loss of interest in the room.

"Now then! The Wayfinders' Guild has obviously grown by leaps and bounds over the past decade, and we now maintain affiliations with the Sensates, the lillendi, the Indigardi and many local partners on Toril, on Krynn, on Oerth and the Rock of Bral. Our interests are both Prime and planar, and we reinforce this with a network of dedicated and hired portals, as well as our own fleet of spelljammers and planejammers."

"As members of the Guild, you will represent our diverse interest in your own fashion, taking the resources we offer and using them as an investment to provide a high-class service to individuals, communities, peoples and worlds. And yes," he smirks, "those individuals might be yourselves."

"For a nominal percentage, you will gain access to the services of the guild, both the material and the intangible. We have exclusive agreements with the mercane and arcane, as well as a sweeping contract to rent charter helms for spacegoing missions."

"In the Guild we follow simple rules, and you will follow them as well.

Rule 1: Maintain the Guild's image. We don't mind critique, but the public and those who hire you should look favorably upon guild services. We like return customers.

Rule 2: There is to be no killing within the Guildhouse or on guild premises. We enjoy a certain amount of autonomy within our domains, and we don't need to give the authorities a reason to come prying.

Rule 3: Do not engage in any reckless, dangerous or antagonistic release of supernatural forces within the Guildhouse or on guild premises. It makes a mess, and we don't like having to clean it up.

Rule 4: The Guild takes 10%.

Rule 5: Let me repeat this to make it perfectly clear: the Guild takes 10%.

Rule 6: Once you take on a mission, it's your commitment. If you can't handle it, then you'll have to arrange for the task to be done.

Rule 7: You do not speak for the Guild. You do not represent yourself as speaking for the Guild. You do not use your guild membership as a form of coercion or bargaining. We will know.

Now, the various departments, faculties and facilities maintain their own rules, fee schedules and all that sort of thing. You can deal with them directly; guild proctors staff most of our branches and can assist you with your needs.

You've all been recruited because you have something special - or because we couldn't find anyone better," he jokes, "and I hope that you'll find in your time with the Guild the same thing that we found in you.

"Are there any questions?

Lyndworm
2009-08-05, 06:34 PM
Nori scratches himself ponderously.

OOC: Due to Nori's... condition, I am having a certain amount of difficulty in formulating a response that would further the plot. I'm sorry that I am so useless right now.

Eldan
2009-08-06, 01:21 AM
Takhra stands next to Nori, absent-mindedly polishing the dark blue crystal of his axe.

Same here... this is mostly a "I'm still here" post. No questions.

afroakuma
2009-08-06, 10:40 AM
Wey takes a few more questions, and then closes the orientation, bowing deeply to the crowd as he vanishes in a crackling swirl of light and mist.

The others on stage begin to depart, and a trio of guild proctors open the stone doors, leading you to be outfitted. You note with relief that none of them is Paumpa Sas.

Down the spiraling rampway, you arrive at a large room teeming with unusual creatures, as well as with several beings that look like fluorescent gnomes and a few tall, lanky, blue-skinned humanoids. The gnomes swarm over each of you in turn as you get to the front of the line.

"Here is your guild sash. You are to wear it or keep it on your person at all times." Each of you receives a black and ivory sash in your size.

"Four iron rations..."

"Letter-of-Service... please sign this..."

"Spyglasses..."

Each of you continues through the line, ending up at the other end fully outfitted and provisioned. A proctor leads you out into the main lobby and wishes you luck.

Amidst numerous posters advertising service in the Blood War, various faction advertisements and several merchants' notices you see the assignment board, where many parties are removing postings to go make a contract while members of the public come by and post new ones.

Assignment Board

WANTED: Huyzur
We know Huyzur's been disrupting civic post services and causing minor mischief. Now it seems he's rallied other mephits to interfere with diplomatic movements on the lower planes. We're expecting a lot of unrest because of this miscreant. Find him and snap him in two.
Bounty: 10000 gp.

Needed - Adventurous, Hardy, Strong-Willed, Persistent, Raisable Interviewers!
Do you like to travel?

Do you like meeting new, exciting and unpredictable creatures?

Do you think you can stand up to savage mental bombardment?

Then sign on to track down and interview one of the mysterious, fascinating balseloths!

Fees to be negotiated based on raising requirements.

Charter of Recovery in the matter of the Merchant Jade
The spacefaring vessel Merchant Jade was lost two days ago outside Realmspace. Divinations reveal it to be scuttled, all crewmembers lost. The proprietor, Cerule Charters, has authorized a recovery salvage.

The proprietor desires the unconditional return without questions or examination of the Merchant Jade's spelljamming helm. Any other spoils found among the wreckage are forfeit to the salvagers.

Seeking Security Crew
Our survey team is set to explore the fifth planet of Rundaspace. As we are not familiar with the fauna of this planet, we seek additional forces to maintain our initial camp until we are firmly established. We will pay fees of 200 gold pieces per person per day once landed; provisioning and quarters will be supplied.

Hisan At-Jabb
Director of Rundaspace Exploration
Great Orrery Astrometrical Society

Urgent - Exotic Beast Required!!!!!
The peoples of Ethurgha have lost their god-beast and are attacking their neighbors in retribution. A new beast (or the old one) is needed to reinstate their religious leadership and quell the savage warring.

The fee will be in Yndavian scrolls, plus monetary recompense for expenses.

Planar Wizard Needed
A leaky portal from the Positive Energy Plane has been eluding the authorities deep in the Hive. Anyone capable of tracking down this rogue portal and dealing with any fallout that has already transpired should contact Witzen Dono, the local warden.

WANTED: Aver Walcris
The faithful of the deity Kelemvor request any available information, and if possible the detainment and safe transport, of Aver Walcris or any spiritual remnant thereof.

Bounty: 4000 gp.

To the Faithful of Zeus
Our great lord, Father of Gods and Men, requires aid in retrieving an important relic of the faith. This is a secret mission, to be undertaken for the glory and wonder of mighty Zeus. Please consult with Zethus, proxy of great Zeus in Olympus.

Seeking a Procurement Crew
Archmage Ampotens seeks procurers to obtain esoteric arcane components for an experimental potion. Great haste would be preferred.

Wizardess Gysfyne
Tower Council of Arynchratus

Cash For Wands!!!
Tired of that old wand of gust of wind? Feel like having a bit more gold to spend? Why not come to Hevius Blohard's Apothecary and Arcane Quartermastery and sell that wand for gold GOLD GOLD!

WANTED: Darian Gatelock

Wanted for High Crimes against the City of Sigil as well as Petty Crimes, named here as Astral Arson, Common Arson, Assault upon a Planejamming Vessel, Sealing of the Lady's Doors, Theft, Robbery, Assault upon a Guilded Being, Assault upon Property of the City of Cigil, Magical Disruptions to Lawful Notices of Arrest, BlBlBlbgrrrUngrrhjksosi, Assault upon a Chartered Guild, Disruption of the Laddie's Doors, Murder, Theft again, Theft once more because, hey, I did it several times, Murder once more for the hell of it, Luring a Creature of the Astral Plane within the Confines of the City of Ciggle and Public Misconduct within the Sitty of Giggle

Gatelock is a renegade of the Wayfinders' Guild, known to have made off with a valuable relic destined for a very important buyer. His retrieval has not been possible via conventional divinations.

WANTED: The Mablight
The Mablight has made off with a copy of the protocols for an important private planejamming dock. We feel that he is planning to sell these protocols to a hostile purchaser. He has been traced to Silkspace, a sphere known to be dead to divination magic. We require that you slay the Mablight and return the protocols.

Bounty: 15000 gp.

Transporters Needed
A certain precious cargo of vital importance to the Blood War needs to be transported to a hidden location in Stygia. Several precautions will need to be taken at each step of the voyage, and no common portals may be used. Fees for transport will be generous.

- Incendius Frigidus

Convoy Investigation
The Effluvius Vintners of Ysgard have missed their last three shipments of wraith almonds. The problem appears to be in transportation. Track down whatever is disrupting delivery so smoked wines can once again flow from Ysgard.

Lyndworm
2009-08-07, 08:27 PM
"Finding Darian Gatelock could be fun... yes?" questions Norixitu.

OOC:
Did you think we wouldn't read the descriptions, or are you just having fun, Afro? :smalltongue:

On another note, why is Nori, of all people, left to make the decisions? I know that this is hardly your fault, Afro, but is anybody else even trying?

afroakuma
2009-08-07, 08:38 PM
Norixitu
No, I assure you the description was written with the full intent that someone would read through it all. And laugh. Someone in another party got a kick out of it as well.

And no, I don't know where people have gotten. PMs are going to fly out soon. People dropped from the game in other parties, which is kind of a pain; I may need to post a new recruiting thread at this rate.

ForzaFiori
2009-08-08, 02:08 PM
Kirikus studies the board for a minute, reading through several of the jobs, before turning back to the party. "Personally, I'd say we should either find this "Gatelock" person, or if the rest of you are too sissy, we could work security for that mission to Rundaspace."

OOC:

I'm sharing a computer with my sister who uses it for work, so getting on every day is very hard, and sometimes it doesn't happen for 2 or 3 days. I'm getting my own computer very soon, so my posts will increase. Until then I'll do my best to keep up, though if Afroakuma wants me to leave due to the lack of posting, I understand.

Eldan
2009-08-08, 02:10 PM
"A manhunt sounds easy enough."
Takhra shrugs, then adds:
"And the pay is good enough."

afroakuma
2009-08-08, 02:36 PM
Kirikus
Worry not; as long as I'm notified of the reason, your position is safe.

Emong
2009-08-08, 09:06 PM
Elros

Elros shrugs and gives a noncommittal grunt.

"Work is work, whichever assignment you people decide on will be good enough for me."

afroakuma
2009-08-09, 04:11 PM
A half-fiend rips down the second notice, argues with a pixie and a glowing ape for a minute or two and then reposts it, taking down the Merchant Jade charter instead.

Lyndworm
2009-08-10, 03:37 PM
"So then, we're going after Gatelock? It's settled."

OOC:
Sorry I've been gone for so long; weekends are not good for me.

ForzaFiori
2009-08-11, 06:41 PM
Kirikus reaches up, grabbing the WANTED: Darian Gatelock assignment and pulling it off. He turns around to face the others. "Were any of the rest of you paying attention during that speech? What all do we have to do with this piece of paper before we can start hunting?"

afroakuma
2009-08-11, 07:39 PM
A passerby hears Kirikus and smirks. "Flip it over. Gatelock investigation's being headed by guild police in the purple building, fourth floor bureau. Good luck," he adds sarcastically.

ForzaFiori
2009-08-11, 09:18 PM
"Ah, an answer so simply that my immense intellect couldn't fathom it. Trust a simpleton to point out the obvious." Looking towards his companions, Kirikus motions towards the purple police building. "So my fearless comrades, should we move along in our quest to find this man?"

Emong
2009-08-12, 10:51 AM
Elros

Elros rolls his eyes at Kirikus.

"Yes, yes, let's get moving. I'm growing tired of standing around here."

Lyndworm
2009-08-12, 11:40 AM
"Indeed, fair gentle-friends, let us be off on an adventure of grand proportion!"

afroakuma
2009-08-12, 06:27 PM
You find the office without much hassle. The investigator gives a jerk of his head, and motions you over to the information center, where you find other parties milling about as well.

They have been nothing if not thorough; descriptions and depictions of Gatelock's three preferred identities; Sensorium stones with prior encounters recorded; divination records, interview transcripts, guild history, last known whereabouts, anything bounty hunters could want.

That said, there's a noticeable lack of something vital - information on the property itself.

You go over Gatelock's depictions and review his last divined whereabouts - somewhere on the Planes, somewhere absurdly cold, exact location unknown. Prior investigative reports reveal Gatelock to have been on several missions in the Nine Hells shortly before his defection, and reports from past teams indicate failures on Stygia, Cania and the Paraelemental Plane of Ice.

Emong
2009-08-17, 04:17 PM
Elros

Elros pours over the available evidence wracking his mind to try and come up where Gatelock could be.

"Does anyone here have any more information on the relic he's stolen? It's nature could be key to figuring out where he would have taken it."

Eldan
2009-08-18, 01:00 AM
"Really cold, but neither Cania, Stygia nor the Elemental Plane of ice...
Perhaps one of the colder layers of the abyss, or the lower layers of Acheron?"

Lyndworm
2009-08-18, 02:40 PM
"All good suggestions. I'm pleased with your speed and reasoning skills. I think we should pursue Elros' line of thinking first, as it may prove yours irrelevant, Takhra. Though should any of you disagree with me, I'd be interested to hear your opinions." Contrary to Norixitu's usual snide nature, he seems to speak in earnest.