PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do this with a palmpilot/Blackberry/PDA

Froogleyboy
2009-07-18, 12:29 AM
Okay, for my birthday I got a Blackberry and now I never have to use paper for my DMing again! I use it to store all of my NPC stats and maps and such. anyone else ever do this?

Edit: I used it tonight and one player was like "Dear god, your a DM you shouldn't be texting in the middle of an encounter!" and i just looked up and said "Oh, sorry, I was just adding extra weapons to the war droid around the cornor" the party went white. And the funnest thing to do is just chuckle to yourself when the pcs enter a room and start typing

Haven
2009-07-18, 01:27 AM
Edit: I used it tonight and one player was like "Dear god, your a DM you shouldn't be texting in the middle of an encounter!" and i just looked up and said "Oh, sorry, I was just adding extra weapons to the war droid around the cornor" the party went white. And the funnest thing to do is just chuckle to yourself when the pcs enter a room and start typing

...I don't really have anything to say, other than "that is awesome".

Milskidasith
2009-07-18, 01:29 AM
Personally (despite typing fast) I really can't text fast. I'd probably rather use a laptop, though. It's also probably easier to draw maps with a pencil.

Froogleyboy
2009-07-18, 01:59 AM
Personally (despite typing fast) I really can't text fast. I'd probably rather use a laptop, though. It's also probably easier to draw maps with a pencil.

Thats the thing. Blackberrys have keyboards

RTGoodman
2009-07-18, 02:05 AM
There are a few sites designed with that kind of thing in mind, I would imagine. I know iplay4E.com is designed to run on iPhones and other fancier phones/PDAs/whatevers, and I'm sure someone out there has a similar tool for other games.

Me? I'm content with honest-to-god printed books, paper, pencils, and a bagful of miniatures. But maybe I'm just old-fashioned. :smallwink: