PDA

View Full Version : Familiar limits?

Mindleshank
2009-07-18, 01:47 AM
alright guys so in an up coming Pvp i have a plan on how to use my familiar. I Want to know if you think it is legit.

Okay heres what i first took the Cadaver Familiar and Improved Familiar Feats then i stated out a 3rd level goblin fighter since it has to be small and lower than challenge rating three.

So then in my backstory we are level ten by the way i had killed the goblin and resurrected it via raise dead into a skeleton and all it's weapons and armour stayed in tacked so i adjusted the ability scores accordingly adding the +2 dex and subtracting Int and what not and ended up with a 44 hp 28 ac and 2d6 damage dealing Goblin Skeleton with damage reduction and immunities not to mention okay saves

HamsterOfTheGod
2009-07-18, 02:06 AM
Seems legit and fits your character concept. I'm not familiar with the Cadaver Familiar feat but the abilities seem OK. For ex, you can get a Blade Guardian (construct from Complete Warrior) at level 11 with just Improved Familiar and that has about the same stats.

Nitpicks. I assume you mean you animated the skeleton with animate dead. And if the 2d6 damage is for a small greatsword then that should be 1d10.

Mindleshank
2009-07-18, 02:14 AM
Seems legit and fits your character concept. I'm not familiar with the Cadaver Familiar feat but the abilities seem OK. For ex, you can get a Blade Guardian (construct from Complete Warrior) at level 11 with just Improved Familiar and that has about the same stats.

Nitpicks. I assume you mean you animated the skeleton with animate dead. And if the 2d6 damage is for a small greatsword then that should be 1d10.

Oh thats right 1d10 haha sorry. but yeah i am animating the dead then making it my familiar so I can revive it if it dies and the Cadaver Feat allows an undead familiar.