PDA

View Full Version : Rary's Telepathic Bond, 3.5

Jarade
2009-07-18, 02:29 AM
I'm looking to create an item that can grant my group a Rary's Telepathic bond between eachother. There are 5 of us including me, and I would like this spell to last about 16 hours or so. I've been looking through item creation feats to try and make this, but I can't seem to wrap my head around it.

Thanks in advance!

ZeroNumerous
2009-07-18, 02:35 AM
First, you look at the spell level(5th) and pick a CL to make it at(your maximum CL, or if it's treasure then 9 is safe). Rary's Telepathic Bond lasts 10 minutes/level, so at 9 we get 90 minutes or 1 and a half hours per use. So we want a use activated or continuous item. This sets the price at SL*CL*2000 or 90,000 GP.

Sinfire Titan
2009-07-18, 10:22 AM
Ring of Communication in the MIC. 2K per ring, and each ring can be attuned to a potentially unlimited amount of others. Grants constant telepathy between the linked group. Cheapest form of At Will telepathy there is.

Draz74
2009-07-18, 11:05 AM
Technically the Ring of Communication says nothing about telepathy. You have to actually talk/whisper to each other through it. Unfortunate weakness, at least in stealthy situations, but still a very worthwhile item for its cost.

Btw, psionics does Telepathic Bond much better than arcane magic. Check out the Mindlink power -- better than Rary's, and it's a Level 1 Power. So you can get a custom magic item to provide constant telepathy within the party much cheaper if you can find a Telepath item creator.

Coidzor
2009-07-18, 01:19 PM
Well, a psionic item anyway. Sort of a risky proposition to check if they're using psionics rules in a world though.