PDA

View Full Version : Kev's Lounge Free Dungeon Doors

BraveSirKevin
2009-07-18, 05:30 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_dUvnPNxt2_U/SmDDmQVDMoI/AAAAAAAAAKU/gR9IztPS4Oc/s400/Doors+in+use.png

Kev's Lounge: Free "Simple Wooden" Dungeon Door Standees (http://kevslounge.blogspot.com/2009/07/free-dungeon-doors-for-use-with-25mm.html)

You liked the Dungeon Tiles (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116974) and you liked the Counters (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117254), now I bring you my Free Dungeon Doors! :smallsmile:

As with my previous stuff, you'll find the attention to detail you've come to love and some extra markers like the "Hole in the Wall" and "Necromancer's Shelf". These are very simple to make and will work well with the Kev's Lounge Free Dungeon Tiles, and any other tile set for that matter. Even if you choose to use a dry-wipe grid rather than dungeon tiles, this set is worth getting to mark your entrance ways.

If you like the Doors or have any opinions, please leave a comment! I want to hear from you. :)

Poil
2009-07-18, 05:48 AM
Do they open?

Dixieboy
2009-07-18, 06:00 AM
Do they open?

Those in the image does not.

However i suggest if you really want to, using scissors for this task.

BraveSirKevin
2009-07-18, 06:24 AM
No... they don't open I'm afraid. :smallsmile: These are just standees for marking where doors are.

I have actually done some more complicated designs for papercraft models with full walls and moving parts like opening doors and so on. It's actually quite tricky getting such tiny doors to actually work without either looking terrible or being too weak, and it takes a great deal of skill and patience to put them together cos they're so darn small. After putting the prototypes together myself I figured the average D&D player would really not be keen on putting that much effort in just to get a little door, so these are a compromise where you get a 3D door that looks attractive but isn't functional. I may return to the more complicated doors later on though... For right now, I'm more interested in making other cool stuff like more dungeon tiles and counters cos I've got a massive back log of requests and only so much free time to work on it all :)

Poil
2009-07-18, 06:47 AM
Ah, that makes sense. I thought it would make it easier to see which doors are open and which are closed but it's probably easier to just remember it. Maybe door pieces painted to be open to replace them with. Still, they look really good.

Does those requests include folding giant boulders? :smalltongue:

BraveSirKevin
2009-07-19, 04:57 AM
Ah, that makes sense. I thought it would make it easier to see which doors are open and which are closed but it's probably easier to just remember it. Maybe door pieces painted to be open to replace them with. Still, they look really good.

Funny you should mention the boulders....:) I've been pondering how to do that one for a while :smallbiggrin:

I think some open door standees might be a nice touch. I'll give em some thought and see how I can pull them off nicely

magellan
2009-07-19, 06:21 AM

Couldnt you just turn the whole piece like you would the door? Sure the frame is no longer where it is supposed to be, but they would be open :P

Poil
2009-07-19, 08:55 AM
Couldnt you just turn the whole piece like you would the door? Sure the frame is no longer where it is supposed to be, but they would be open :P

Sure, if you want to make a mockery out of it! :smalltongue:

BraveSirKevin
2009-07-20, 06:03 AM

Yeah... that is a novel solution, but like Poil said, that'd be a bit of a mockery. Not to worry. I've started work on Doors Set 1.5: Open Simple Wooden Doors :D If time is on my side, I may even have it up by the end of the week.