PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kart Wii - How to get Star rank

Athaniar
2009-07-18, 09:44 AM
What exactly are the criteria for getting the higher ranks in Grand Prix? I haven't seen a solid list anywhere, just some vague statements.

Dihan
2009-07-18, 09:53 AM
I have no idea. Probably how well you drive - speed, falls, crashes, position.

Player_Zero
2009-07-18, 10:18 AM
I think in the DS version it was just times. If you got under a certain mark you got three stars.

However, since you could just be unlucky and get hit by a string of red shells, blue shells, bullet bills and general CPU malevolence it isn't really worth doing. More a demonstration of luck than skill.

Linkavitch
2009-07-18, 11:53 AM
I think in the DS version it was just times. If you got under a certain mark you got three stars.

However, since you could just be unlucky and get hit by a string of red shells, blue shells, bullet bills and general CPU malevolence it isn't really worth doing. More a demonstration of luck than skill.

Yeah, that's pretty much it for DS. (You know how big a geek [and how much idle time I have on my hands] I am when I tell you that I have triple stars in every cup on MKDS, as well as all but one of the missions.)

In MKW, I think it's a combination of time, driving technique, percentages of item hittage and such like.