PDA

View Full Version : GitP Grinder: TF2 GitP-Only Game

Pages : [1] 2

Rutskarn
2009-07-18, 12:01 PM
Alright, this here thread is dedicated to the Giant in the Playground smackdown coming to a server near you. And by "near" we mean almost certainly on the other side of the world, because that's always how it seems to work out when someone else picks a server.

Anyway: this thread will be used to:

*Pick a time
*Pick a team
*Debate specifics
*Pick a server
*Pick team colors

Currently, it looks like we're going to end up using the Twenty Sided servers. These have many advantages--one server is usually empty until I or Zero joins it, so we can fill out teams at leisure. Also, there's no team scrambling, no arena maps (those are for wusses), and I'm an admin, so maps and such can be switched (as long as there's no objections--I'm no tyrant).

Of course, the rest of the server will probably fill up at some point, so there's that working against it...unless we can get 12 players on either team all at the same time.

You're going to need to confirm or re-confirm your team selection here. Team captains are Player_Zero and me.

Zero, I think I'll let you pick whether you want to start as RED or BLU.

Alright, people, begin deliberations. Major issue is: when?

Current time:

Next Sunday, 9:00-10:00 GMT

Current server

Twenty Sided: Chaotic (subject to change)

Current map:

Probably kick things off with Badwater.

Teams:

Player_Zero (RED)
Kyouhen
Faulty
MasatoHyuga
Onasuma
Archangel Yuki
Darth Mario
NeoVid
TheLogman
Jakhaivah
GAThraawn
Rigel
The Bellmaker
LurkerInPlayground

Rutskarn (BLU)
Jibar
Crispy Dave
Nano
Phase
Wojonatior
The Linker
Ziren
Dizposition
Hideki
Chiasaur11
Dumbledore Lives
13_CBS
Worira

Kyouhen
2009-07-18, 12:06 PM
I think I'll go with Zero's team for this since we apparently have to pick. :smalltongue:

As for time it'll have to be a weekend for me.

Jibar
2009-07-18, 12:28 PM
As I've now tested my connection to Chaotic and my mic, I'm still in.
And I'm still on Rutskarn's team, to balance out the limeys.

Rutskarn
2009-07-18, 12:35 PM
Good to have you on board, Muffaroo.

Darth Mario
2009-07-18, 01:34 PM
I'm in, just warn me so I can reinstall TF2 with some time to practice (curse you, 32 GB windows partition!).

I request to be placed with Onasuma, should he decide to join this.

Crispy Dave
2009-07-18, 01:34 PM
I would prefer being on Whatever team is blue due to color blindness. Times that work for me are Saturdays and Any time after 8 PM EST.

Player_Zero
2009-07-18, 01:41 PM
Builders League United...
Reliable Excavation Demolitions...

Hmm... I think Reliable Excavation demolitions sounds cooler. So I'll go with RED.

I think I will be going on the Chaotic server on Sunday early evening. We can make that a preliminary check to see who shows up. Then do a real deal the following Sunday. And since we can we will.

Early evening here is around midday over there. Asking me to play at 3AM is unreasonable.

Goldrush and Dustbowl are preferable.

And switching up the teams is the best plan. A well-pitched game is always most enjoyable.

Faulty
2009-07-18, 01:46 PM
I request Badwater. Either way, I think we should both have at least one chance to play both BLU and Red.

Anyway, I'd like to be on Player Zero's team. I'd prefer Engineer, Spy or Soldier. Medic otherwise.

Nano
2009-07-18, 01:51 PM
I'mma go with Rutskarn. BLU rocks.

Edit: Again, I'm Mr. Jormungandr on Steam, and on rare occasions, Susan.

Kyouhen
2009-07-18, 01:58 PM
Also if we plan on assigning classes if you value your sanity don't let me be an engineer. I've discovered the joys of using people fighting as an excuse to slip behind enemy lines and put sentries and teleporters in the most inconvenient places. :smalltongue:

Jibar
2009-07-18, 01:58 PM
Early evening here is around midday over there. Asking me to play at 3AM is unreasonable.

The time difference was something I was a little concerned about, especially as my internet shuts down at midnight.

Rutskarn
2009-07-18, 02:23 PM
Alright, we need to take you two's needs into consideration, then.

Question: what time zone are you in, Muffaroo?

wojonatior
2009-07-18, 02:29 PM
I will go for Rutskarn's team.

As for the classes, scout:below average, soldier:about average, pyro: above average, demoman: average, heavy: a leetle above average(not a misspelling), engineer: little above average(unless we are talking offensive engineer), medic: average, sniper: average, spy: above average.

and as for the server getting more people, there is a cvar you can set that adds a password.

Finally I think we should have 3 different maps, one payload, one capture point, and one capture the flag.

Thoughts?

Jibar
2009-07-18, 02:30 PM
I'm same as Zero here in GMT.
Hell, thanks to random posts he's made I even know my sister's boyfriend was at the same Uni as him.
Yes, it's creepy.

Also: Muffaroo? That's a new one.

Volug
2009-07-18, 02:35 PM
Sign me up for red please, I don't get terribly good FPS most of the time. But if it's just 20 people I'll do fine. I'll probably go Engie or Medic, or whatever it calls for (Horrible scout with my computer, but if I can use my friends, I think I can do pretty well with him since I can aim decently, that's what I struggle with due to low FPS sometimes).

Red OWNS

And go gravlepit... Or eh, pl_Badwater.

AlterForm
2009-07-18, 02:36 PM
I'll join RED, with Zero.

Player_Zero
2009-07-18, 02:38 PM
I don't think coincidence is quite as scary as you believe. What would've been scary is if they'd turned out to be me.

Unfortunate for anyone who wants to join in from Australia, but to accommodate the majority of players GMT evening, EST afternoon would be best.

And Rutskarn doesn't want to password the server in case some D20er wants to play on it. People and their illogicalities...

Like I say, to reiterate since people tend not to read things carefully, tomorrow on Chaotic we'll see who shows up.

Rutskarn
2009-07-18, 02:41 PM
And Rutskarn doesn't want to password the server in case some D20er wants to play on it. People and their illogicalities...

Well, it is their server.

onasuma
2009-07-18, 03:00 PM
Id like to get in on this, being head of our competitive team and all. Of course, no idea how my ping will be on those servers so Ill have to see. Also, put me down as RED OR DEAD.

Archangel Yuki
2009-07-18, 03:04 PM
I would like Zeros' team.

The Linker
2009-07-18, 03:15 PM
I pick Rutskarn's team. Because he ran an awesome contest. (Biased? Me? That thar's crazy talks.)

If it's tomorrow, I won't be able to go, most likely. I'm away from 4:30 EST to... well, sometime late.

NeoVid
2009-07-18, 03:22 PM
Great... tomorrow's the one Sunday in two months where I won't have any chance to play TF2, instead of spending the whole day playing.

Next week when the real event goes on, I guess I'll team with Zero.

I support the idea of having one CTF, one CP and one PL game, though the PL should be Badwater, since it's the only one that's anywhere near balanced.

Ziren
2009-07-18, 04:58 PM
Still on team Rutskarn, and I've usually got time on weekends. Not next sunday, however. My timezone is UTC +1, but I got a rather variable sleeping pattern anyway, so I have no problem playing at 02:00 AM (provided I don't have to work early the next day).

The Linker
2009-07-18, 05:38 PM
I'm in Ontario (EST), and I'd totally be up for playing all hours of the night. Those are the best kind of gaming parties. :smallbiggrin:

Hideki
2009-07-18, 06:12 PM
Sign me up on Rutskarn's team please :smallsmile:

I can use any class, and any map is fine with me. My timezone is EST, so I'll probably be on when everyone else is.

13_CBS
2009-07-18, 07:22 PM
Hmm...I'll leave chance to pick my loyalty. Rutskarn or Player Zero? Let the dice decide.

1 = Ruts, 2 = Player

1d2

Time: On weekdays, any time after 7 PM or so. On weekends, any time.

Time zone is Eastern Standard.

Edit: Ugh! The forum roller doesn't work here. One sec...

Edit 2: Another website's dice roller declares me to be on Player Zero's team.

Jahkaivah
2009-07-18, 07:42 PM
Hmm...

I shall follow Zero into battle.

Volug
2009-07-18, 07:43 PM
Fridays/saturdays always seem to be the best...

Though I doubt we can get a time for EVERYONE.

TheLogman
2009-07-18, 08:10 PM
Well, as much as I hate the color red, the fact that Rustkarn thinks Andrew Jackson was a bigger badass than Teddy Roosevelt makes me need to pick Zero's Team.

I'm taking classes until noon pretty much every weekday, but after I test for my license on the 22nd, I'll be open from about 12:30 until like 10 that night. I would prefer to play before 5 or after 7, to accommodate dinner plans and the like, but as long as you don't mind me showing up a little later, or leaving a little early, I can play then too.

All times are EST.

Weekends vary from totally okay all day to completely busy the entire day, and often I don't find out which until the day of. Hopefully I could clear any problems if the game was on the weekend.

As for maps, I really like playing CTF, and though I like 2fort, the simplicity gets boring. I hate Steel in all of its incarnations, but I do like playing Turbine quite a bit.

Payload and CP are also good fun too of course. I like all the Payload maps except Hoodoo, and all the control point maps, except Steel.

I hope that sounds reasonable, that's my 2 cents anyway.

Faulty
2009-07-18, 08:57 PM
I'm busy tomorrow afternoon. Sorry. I can do next Sunday for the real thing. I'm EST, too. I do have school on Mondays, so it won't be going too late, will it?

Rutskarn
2009-07-18, 10:17 PM
Sign me up on Rutskarn's team please :smallsmile:

I can use any class, and any map is fine with me. My timezone is EST, so I'll probably be on when everyone else is.

Welcome to the team of hard-working blue-collar capitalism and defense against the evil forces of communism. Shotguns, overalls, and chewing tobacco will be issued by your quartermaster.

Faulty
2009-07-18, 10:36 PM
I'm going to change my name from Faulty to The Fight for Communism.

The Linker
2009-07-18, 10:42 PM
Shotguns, overalls, and chewing tobacco will be issued by your quartermaster.

Oh, great, one big team of Engineers. Though I admit it'll be an interesting twist to see Blu turtling like mad on Dustbowl or Badwater.

"I'm here to cap points and hit my sentry...

And I got a whoooooooole lot of metal left.

*clang... clang... clang...*"

Dispozition
2009-07-18, 10:42 PM
I'm all for playing, but unlikely I'll be able to make it without a crapass ping and epic lag spikes every minute...Also, I doubt I'd be able to make it in general thanks to time zone...

If I *can* make it, I'll go Blu and Rutskarn's team :D

Ghastly Epigram
2009-07-18, 11:06 PM
1 Kyouhen – Zero
2 Darth Mario – onasuma (Zero)
3 Faulty – Zero
4 MasatoHyuga – Red (Zero)
5 AlterForm – Zero
6 onasuma – Red (Zero)
7 Archangel Yuki – Zero
8 NeoVid – Zero
9 13_CBS – Zero
10 Jahkaivah – Zero
11 TheLogman – Zero

1 Jibar - Rutskarn
2 Crispy Dave – Blue (Rutskarn)
3 Nano – Rutskarn
4 wojonater – Rutskarn
5 The Linker – Rutskarn
6 Ziren – Rutskarn
7 Hideki – Rutskarn
8 (Maybe) Dispozition – Rutskarn

Herp derp guess we know who's more popular herp derp. :smallamused:

As for myself, given that I am located in New Zealand it appears the likelihood of me being able to make it is slim. :smallfrown: (Plus my bad ping.) If by some miracle I can make whatever time you decide, I'll go on Rutskarn's team since I'm actually a hindrance to the team and want the devilishly charming Zero to win.

In regards to map choice, I'll throw in my vote for Dustbowl and Badwater Basin. (And I imagine we'd want both teams to have a chance at defending and attacking.) And I throw in my vote AGAINST any CTF maps. Eww.

As for any potential server problems...well, just get everyone in a big Steam chat, make sure everyone is ready, then all join the server at the same time. :smallcool:

Dispozition
2009-07-18, 11:08 PM
As for myself, given that I am located in New Zealand it appears the likelihood of me being able to make it is slim. :smallfrown: (Plus my bad ping.) If by some miracle I can make whatever time you decide, I'll go on Rutskarn's team since I'm actually a hindrance to the team and want the devilishly charming Zero to win.

Same boat as me, except one hour earlier :P I'm on AEST, so yeah...

Dumbledore lives
2009-07-18, 11:11 PM
I doubt I'll be able to join the game, what with living in New Zealand and all, and we're starting school again, but if I do make it I'd like to be on Rutskarn's team. I'll try burning people, whether it is successful is up for debate.

Phase
2009-07-18, 11:15 PM
Rutskarn's team, as I am his dutiful lackey.

I am, however, worried about time-zones. On Sundays I am only available from 7:30-11:00, EST. This is after Jibar's internet is shut down, plus other people are rather far as well.

TheLogman
2009-07-18, 11:50 PM
Yeah, had a bit of a mix-up there. I hate WELL, not Steel. Steel is an awesome map.

13_CBS
2009-07-18, 11:51 PM
Actually...I'm considering switching to Rutskarn's side...:smallconfused:

wojonatior
2009-07-19, 12:10 AM
Do It!!! Do It 13 Cbs!!!

Rutskarn
2009-07-19, 01:27 AM
Join us, and together, we can 0wn Zero's side as father and son!

Uh. I didn't say that.

Volug
2009-07-19, 01:28 AM

Uh. I didn't say that.

Of course you didn't, you obviously typed it though.

Rutskarn
2009-07-19, 01:33 AM
Of course you didn't, you obviously typed it though.

See, semantic fixations to that effect are why you're on the Zero side of the line.

chiasaur11
2009-07-19, 01:37 AM
Heck, if I can make it, put me down for BLU.

I'm a sucker for heroic last stands and Death or Glory, with an emphasis on death.

Phase
2009-07-19, 01:39 AM
See, semantic fixations to that effect are why you're on the Zero side of the line.

Look, we're both stuck in this place. I'll use lasers to inscribe a line down the centre of the facility! And one half can be where you live, and I'll live in the other half... We won't have to try to kill each other, or even talk if we don't feel like it!

The Linker
2009-07-19, 01:47 AM
And while you're doing that, I'm going to go ahead and be proactive and use this LASER YOU SEEM TO HAVE and vaporize team Zero. Oh, look at that! All gone! That means we win, right?

See, the zero stands for Number of People on Red Team Not Vaporized.

onasuma
2009-07-19, 01:50 AM

Thats not true! Thats impossible!

Rutskarn
2009-07-19, 01:57 AM
Thats not true! Thats impossible!

Yeah? Just watch us, cupcake.

chiasaur11
2009-07-19, 02:02 AM
And while you're doing that, I'm going to go ahead and be proactive and use this LASER YOU SEEM TO HAVE and vaporize team Zero. Oh, look at that! All gone! That means we win, right?

See, the zero stands for Number of People on Red Team Not Vaporized.

HA! Suck it, Blue!

I mean, suck it Griff.

I mean, uh...

Take that, not blue team?

Rutskarn
2009-07-19, 02:09 AM
HA! Suck it, Blue!

I mean, suck it Griff.

I mean, uh...

Take that, not blue team?

Thank you sir!

I mean, suck it Blue!

God DAMN it...YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

chiasaur11
2009-07-19, 02:14 AM
Thank you sir!

I mean, suck it Blue!

God DAMN it...YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

HA! Now you have to be simmons!

Dibs on Church.

Rutskarn
2009-07-19, 02:21 AM
I'm too lazy to be Simmons. Griff all the way.

Player_Zero
2009-07-19, 07:02 AM
Another website's dice roller declares me to be on Player Zero's team.

This is an omen of victory! Surrender now for the gods are with me!

Switch or no switch, you cannot defeat me with this sort of backing.

wojonatior
2009-07-19, 09:05 AM
Dibs on caboose.:smallbiggrin: And Rutskarn sounds like church.

Bouregard
2009-07-19, 09:46 AM
Depending on time and date (living in europe here...) I would volunteer as a spybait medic

Player_Zero
2009-07-19, 12:59 PM
If you're not using your GitP nickname on Steam then switch it for the server.

Also, today I saw Jibar on Chaotic. And that was about it. I am doubting whether you are organised enough to have this game.

13_CBS
2009-07-19, 01:01 PM
Eh...I dunno guys...obey the Random Number God, or join the guy who actually talks? :smallconfused: I like having team captains who like to talk, you see...

Faulty
2009-07-19, 01:08 PM
If you're not yusing your GitP nickname on Steam then switch it for the server.

Also, today I saw Jibar on Chaotic. And that was about it. I am doubting whether you are organised enough to have this game.

I was on your team during Hoodoo. >_>

Phase
2009-07-19, 01:18 PM

Yes, and I am likely on his team at least once per day when he's on. We regulars don't deign acknowledgment.

Player_Zero
2009-07-19, 02:26 PM

You can't expect me to remember every person! That's just unreasonable.

Faulty
2009-07-19, 02:27 PM
You can't expect me to remember every person! That's just unreasonable.

At the time there were 8 people on the server including you.

Player_Zero
2009-07-19, 02:30 PM
Eight is a large number. For instance, eight elephants is quite a few elephants.

Bouregard
2009-07-19, 03:11 PM
If you're not yusing your GitP nickname on Steam then switch it for the server.

I usually play as [LEPD]Bouregard.

GAThraawn
2009-07-19, 03:47 PM
I wouldn't mind joining in the fun, assuming it takes place at some point I can play. If I do, I suppose I'll be Red to even the numbers.

13_CBS
2009-07-19, 03:53 PM
Eight is a large number. For instance, eight elephants is quite a few elephants.

Yeah, but 8 players is very few players, especially on a TF2 server, especially on a d20 server. :smalltongue:

And with that, I will throw my lot in with Rutskarn. At least he won't forget that I'm on his team or something. :smalltongue:

(I'm kidding, I'm kidding, but I just felt like joining Rutskarn's team. But cheer up! This means that you'll get to own my ass instead of having to save it all the time.)

Rutskarn
2009-07-19, 04:03 PM
Just for you, 13_CBS, I promise to never shut up. You will all be marinating in my seraphic voice.

chiasaur11
2009-07-19, 04:06 PM
Just for you, 13_CBS, I promise to never shut up. You will all be marinating in my seraphic voice.

I got half a mind to kill you...And the other half agrees.

13_CBS
2009-07-19, 04:17 PM

Spy: "Splendid."

wojonatior
2009-07-19, 04:45 PM

Alltalk won't be on so the other team won't be marinating.... wait a minute... I think he is going to eat us!!!

Also next sunday won't work out too well, unless we end by like 6:30ish, because I am going to a concert.(YEA INCUBUS!!!)

Rutskarn
2009-07-19, 05:13 PM
I got half a mind to kill you...And the other half agrees.

Sorry, Chaisaur, but payback's a feminine cur and so am I.

Rigel Cyrosea
2009-07-20, 12:18 AM
I'm up for this, and I think I'll take Zero's team. Red suits me better. My steam id is Режэл от Кирoсий.

EDIT: Oh, and before anybody asks... it's pronounced Rigel of Cyrosea. Or Rizhel ot Kyrosee, if you prefer to be completely literal. And no, I'm not really Russian, I'm Canadian. I read cyrillic and speak some Russian, but it's just a hobby, not a nationality.

Rutskarn
2009-07-20, 12:20 AM
Alright, we have...13 players each.

We're officially overbooked, folks.

Granted, some of those are tentatives, so feel free to come in and add your names to the list, but we're still operating on a first-come-first-serve basis.

EDIT: Correction. You have 12.

wojonatior
2009-07-20, 12:59 AM
At least it solves our server problem if need be.

Jibar
2009-07-20, 02:13 AM

Yes! That's why I recognised the name.

Sorry, I'm bloody terrible with remembering playgrounders.

Player_Zero
2009-07-20, 04:00 AM
Factoring in the number of people who won't show up I think we're at around about 10 people total.

Faulty
2009-07-20, 07:57 AM
Yes! That's why I recognised the name.

Sorry, I'm bloody terrible with remembering playgrounders.

Yeah. I did really well as a Spy the last round, and you jabbed at me for making a joke about your weather.

13_CBS
2009-07-20, 09:15 AM
Did we decide on a day yet? I keep hearing "next Sunday", but I'm not entirely sure what's going on. :smallconfused:

Player_Zero
2009-07-20, 09:19 AM
We don't have another date. So, this Sunday.

Jibar
2009-07-20, 09:30 AM
Yeah. I did really well as a Spy the last round, and you jabbed at me for making a joke about your weather.

I commented because you said it was always raining and it was.
I found it weird.
So... yeah...

Player_Zero
2009-07-20, 09:43 AM
I was the one who said it was raining. And it was raining because it was raining over most of England.

Mystery solved.

Kyouhen
2009-07-20, 09:49 AM
We don't have another date. So, this Sunday.

Great, what about a time? :smalltongue:

Player_Zero
2009-07-20, 09:52 AM
Great, what about a time? :smalltongue:

7PM GMT start I think. That'd be 2PM EST. I suppose we could make it a bit later if you really want.

Ziren
2009-07-20, 09:55 AM
7PM GMT start I think. That'd be 2PM EST. I suppose we could make it a bit later if you really want.

As I said already, you can count me out then.

Edit: Damn, I had written "this sunday" back there, when I actually ment "next sunday". Oh well.

Player_Zero
2009-07-20, 09:56 AM
Who has plans on a Sunday? What's up with that?

Though I suppose making it closer to 9 or 10 PM GMT would probably be more inclusive.

Also, I would point out that joining the server early is likely to result in it filling up before we are ready and thus being without a server to play on.

Ziren
2009-07-20, 09:59 AM

Birthday party? My birthday party to be specific. And since you guys will start when it's 6PM over here, I'm probably not done then.

Faulty
2009-07-20, 10:04 AM
I commented because you said it was always raining and it was.
I found it weird.
So... yeah...

I'm in your head. :smallwink:

Phase
2009-07-20, 10:15 AM

Though I suppose making it closer to 9 or 10 PM GMT would probably be more inclusive.

Also, I would point out that joining the server early is likely to result in it filling up before we are ready and thus being without a server to play on.

That would actually be much better, 9 or 10 GMT. That's about the earliest I would be available, at least. And my plans involve helping to cure one of the world's deadliest and most virulent diseases of all time, so...

Kyouhen
2009-07-20, 10:23 AM
I don't really have many plans for Sunday, so I'm available most times. I'd just like to know when the game is being planned for. :smalltongue:

Also I'm 4 hours behind GMT time so unless we'll be doing it at 2AM GMT then there won't be a problem. :smalltongue:

The Bellmaker
2009-07-20, 11:08 AM
This looks pretty awesome. Make me number thirteen for RED! Make the overbooking even.

Player_Zero
2009-07-20, 11:12 AM
This looks pretty awesome. Make me number thirteen for RED! Make the overbooking even.

Like I say, the chances of all of them showing up are Zero.

Jibar
2009-07-20, 11:24 AM
That would actually be much better, 9 or 10 GMT. That's about the earliest I would be available, at least. And my plans involve helping to cure one of the world's deadliest and most virulent diseases of all time, so...

The Boogie?

Phase
2009-07-20, 11:33 AM
The Boogie?

Shush, don't let it hear you.

>.>
<.<

It senses vaccines.

wojonatior
2009-07-20, 12:03 PM
Well I have I concert at 7:30 EST so if we did the game earlier in the day that would be perfect.

Worira
2009-07-20, 12:09 PM
Assuming I can de-fry my primary computer in time, 9 or 10 GMT this Sunday should be fine with me.

And I declare myself for BLU, as I am a creator, not a destroyer.

Disclaimer: no actual creation should be expected. Only destruction.

Bouregard
2009-07-20, 03:50 PM
As you're pretty overbooked I step down. Playing with a 260ish ping on a american (?) even as a medic has its drawbacks...

Player_Zero
2009-07-21, 11:03 AM
So, who will definitely be there this Sunday at, say, 9:00PM GMT? That's 4:00PM EST. And 10:00PM BST to anyone in Britain at the minute since it's Summer, which I somehow forgot previously.

13_CBS
2009-07-21, 11:11 AM
I'll be available. :smallbiggrin:

Volug
2009-07-21, 11:14 AM
So, who will definitely be there this Sunday at, say, 9:00PM GMT? That's 4:00PM EST. And 10:00PM BST to anyone in Britain at the minute since it's Summer, which I somehow forgot previously.

Actually I think it's 4 PM mountain time and... Eh, 6 PM EST.

Faulty
2009-07-21, 11:26 AM
I'll be availible.

Rutskarn
2009-07-21, 11:35 AM
Should be there.

Phase
2009-07-21, 11:37 AM
Actually I think it's 4 PM mountain time and... Eh, 6 PM EST.

Nope, EST is GMT -5.

And I'll do my best to be there, but I may be a bit late.

AlterForm
2009-07-21, 11:54 AM
2 PM my time...probably won't work out for me. Likely have a DnD meetup then. Will keep you posted.

Jibar
2009-07-21, 11:55 AM
Hmmm, later than I was expecting but I should be there and playing, even if it's just for an hour odd.

The Linker
2009-07-21, 12:09 PM
Should be able to come. I'll write it on my calendar, for sure. I may have to leave for 25-odd minutes in the middle... supposed to drop off my resume at the video store between 5:00 and 8:00 on Sunday.

It's my own fault, of course. I could have done it LAST Sunday...

Nano
2009-07-21, 12:10 PM

I should be. In fact, I'll probably play all day just to be safe. Maybe even all weekend.

wojonatior
2009-07-21, 01:32 PM
4:00 pm my time? I think I can manage, and I will probably be able to play until about 6:30 pm.

NeoVid
2009-07-21, 01:37 PM
I should be. In fact, I'll probably play all day just to be safe. Maybe even all weekend.

That's the same idea I had.

wojonatior
2009-07-21, 01:43 PM
I will be doing that anyways so not realy a break from the normal.

Player_Zero
2009-07-21, 01:52 PM
Note that you SHOULDN'T start playing on Chaotic until the time, or else it will fill up and we'll be left without a server to play on.

Phase
2009-07-21, 01:56 PM
Especially not if you're Player_Zero or Rutskarn. You guys attract other players like moths to a lightbulb.

Player_Zero
2009-07-21, 01:59 PM
I just keep playing on the server until someone shows up.

Pie Guy
2009-07-21, 02:34 PM
I'll play on whatever team has fewer people.

Dispozition
2009-07-21, 03:58 PM
Since that's 7am on a Monday...I cannot come, at all...Sorry guys :<

wojonatior
2009-07-21, 04:18 PM
Stinkin aussies!!!(Don't worry, I am just joking, Australians are awesome.)

Kyouhen
2009-07-21, 04:24 PM
Stinkin aussies!!!(Don't worry, I am just joking, Australians are awesome.)

You like having jars of piss thrown on you? :smalltongue:

Player_Zero
2009-07-21, 04:27 PM
Sniper isn't really Australian though is he. I mean, what kind of Australian yells 'GAWD SAVE DA QUEEN'?

wojonatior
2009-07-21, 04:29 PM
I said "Australians are awesome", not "getting jars of Australian piss thrown on me is awesome". And yea what zero said.

Keris
2009-07-21, 04:41 PM
Sniper isn't really Australian though is he. I mean, what kind of Australian yells 'GAWD SAVE DA QUEEN'?

One who wants God to save the Queen of Australia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_of_Australia), perhaps? :smallconfused:

Player_Zero
2009-07-21, 04:55 PM
One who wants God to save the Queen of Australia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_of_Australia), perhaps? :smallconfused:

I'm not sure what the link is in aid of, I know who the queen is, cheers.

Volug
2009-07-21, 07:21 PM
Can someone send me the IP of the server we shall play on?

wojonatior
2009-07-21, 08:46 PM
Here you go(66.55.158.200:27015) That is the chaotic IP.

The Bellmaker
2009-07-21, 11:41 PM
Sure. I can be there. May show up early, to be safe, but yeah.

Dumbledore lives
2009-07-21, 11:51 PM
I don't think I can come, as that comes to about 9 am my time, on Monday, when I should be at school.

Faulty
2009-07-22, 09:28 AM
I'm so glad Grinder is taking place this Sunday, I'm house managing and running the sound board for this play and there's no production this Sunday for some reason, but there is next weekend.

Volug
2009-07-22, 09:43 AM
I'll be 15-30 minutes late.

onasuma
2009-07-22, 06:08 PM

Damnable heck and that. Stupid larping occuring at the same time. If I run home (that 28 miles ish) i might just make it before tuesday. Oh wait, I can just get the bus and be mostly not late.

Darth Mario
2009-07-22, 06:36 PM
Turns out I won't be able to make it on Sunday. Terribly sorry.

NeoVid
2009-07-24, 02:40 PM
I'll be able to make it.

A thought: this will be the chance for a lot of us to get With Friends Like These, the rarest achievement. So we should mention our Steam names in case we haven't all friended each other yet.

Guess what, my Steam ID is NeoVid.

chiasaur11
2009-07-24, 02:50 PM
I'll be able to make it.

A thought: this will be the chance for a lot of us to get With Friends Like These, the rarest achievement. So we should mention our Steam names in case we haven't all friended each other yet.

Chiasaur11.

I go for convenience.

Jibar
2009-07-24, 03:07 PM
Jibar.
Short, simple, pleasant to the ear, suggesting of a handsomeness I thoroughly embody.

I should also point out if I see anyone from GiTP I recognise in-game I'm adding you to my Friends List from now on.

Rutskarn
2009-07-24, 03:08 PM
I'll be able to make it.

Not that rare--7%, of all players, including me, have it.

NeoVid
2009-07-24, 03:16 PM
OK, it was the rarest for a long time. Now that there're so many long grind achievements, I can see why there's so many even lower on the list these days.

Several friend requests sent just now.

wojonatior
2009-07-24, 03:25 PM
nshue

It's because I hijacked my dad's old account.:smallbiggrin:

Volug
2009-07-24, 03:37 PM
[GitP] MasatoHyuga

I'll send invites to everyone that has posted their name.

Player_Zero
2009-07-25, 10:03 AM
Anyone want to make me a 'Rutskarn smells bad' spray I can use while taunting after I kill him?

Rutskarn
2009-07-25, 10:09 AM
Anyone want to make me a 'Rutskarn smells bad' spray I can use while taunting after I kill him?

I don't think anyone wants to participate in libel, Zero.

Player_Zero
2009-07-25, 10:26 AM
You're right, I'd better make that 'smells worse than a dead horse covered in sick'.

Rutskarn
2009-07-25, 10:32 AM
You're right, I'd better make that 'smells worse than a dead horse covered in sick'.

Okay, for the last time: it was dead when I got there, and I'd just eaten some really bad meat. The farmer was very understanding, all considered, and my leg healed up a beaut after a few weeks.

Faulty
2009-07-25, 10:59 AM
Add me as FaultyClockwork. My current name is [d20]Faulty, Smooth Criminal.

LurkerInPlayground
2009-07-25, 11:09 AM
I may consider joining in tomorrow, but I make no promises. Bill me down on Player Zero's team, as he seems to be short a man.

Have Knife, Will Travel

TheLogman
2009-07-25, 12:09 PM
Lurker, you are a great, great spy.

I am in awe.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-07-25, 02:26 PM
I may be able to make it, but I'm not sure...I'll just hop on a team randomly if I can show up.

My name is Djinn_in_Tonic.

Also...how the heck do you join a specific server? I'm fairly new to the game, and therefore clueless about the more detailed aspects of servers and the like.

Faulty
2009-07-25, 04:15 PM
Lurker, you are a great, great spy.

I am in awe.

This for srsly. I'd sorta like to pick your brain for tips some time. My Spying is like... mega-rusty.

Myatar_Panwar
2009-07-25, 04:20 PM
How serious is this game going to be exactly?

I wouldn't mind jumping in, but would rather not ruin it if you guys are trying to keep teams as they should be, etc.

edit @ Djinn: Just add the servers IP address (listed above) to your favorites and join it from there.

13_CBS
2009-07-25, 05:06 PM
Alright, just to be certain...

The game will be on July 26th, a Sunday, at 9-10 PM GMT, which is...4-5 PM EST, right? On Chaotic.

Player_Zero
2009-07-25, 05:09 PM
Yeah. Tomorrow at 9PM GMT, which is 10PM BST, so it'll be 10PM for anyone in Britain, which is 4PM EST.

If Chaotic fills up we'll go onto Lawful. If both Lawful and Chaotic have people on them then I suppose we will have to kindly ask people on one of them to switch to the other one.

Don't join the server until it's time or it'll fill up and we'll be left with no server.

Check back here if there are any problems.

Volug
2009-07-25, 05:18 PM
Awww, I hope I'm not late ._.

Since I get home just after it starts... About 10 minutes.

wojonatior
2009-07-25, 07:55 PM
You shouldn't be too late.:smallbiggrin:

OH CRAPOLA!!! THEY HAVE HAVE KNIFE WILL TRAVEL!!!

Skarn we will have to spycheck like no tomorrow.

Rutskarn
2009-07-25, 09:05 PM
Also, in the (say) 10 minutes or so leading up to the match, stay on the GitP steam chat. We can discuss matters at length there.

Fawkes
2009-07-25, 10:15 PM
Room for one more?

Rutskarn
2009-07-25, 11:13 PM
Room for one more?

Only possibly. I wouldn't count on there being enough room.

wojonatior
2009-07-26, 12:11 AM
TELL US HERE IF YOU CAN PLAY!!!

We need to try and know how many people are going to show up and plan accordingly.

Rutskarn
2009-07-26, 12:20 AM
Guess I should get this out of the way:

An address to my team, the Fighting Mechanical Squirrels:

Attention, you sorry sacks of motherless goat cheese. You come to me, an entire team of babies, but I swear that I will knock the pacifiers out of each and every one of your tiny baby mouths. If anyone is sucking at any point, it will be me, dammit!

Now, some of you have heard rumors. Rumors of skilled players. Rumors of how almost all of the skilled players are on Zero's team. Rumors of how, in fact, he pretty much has the odds stacked absurdly in his favor. Well, let me tell you now, these rumors could not be more right.

But that's the thing. It doesn't matter how elite they are. All that matters is that we win. Which, given that they are elite, probably will be tricky. I still maintain that the actual skill level of their team...it doesnt...it...

Look, the important thing to keep in mind is, it's not about whether you win or lose. It's about whether I win or lose. Because if I fail, I will be humiliated for the rest of my life. I may never recover. I will be a weepy, sobbing, weepsome blob that accomplishes nothing, drinking only to refuel my bitter tears. My diet will consist of lint, salt to maintain the self-pugilistic sting of my crying, and pure, hot shame. I will curl into a broken ball, wither further over the course of many days, and finally die a lonely, wretched, unfulfilled death that will be unmourned by my allies and unhonored by my foes.

Anyway, just get out there and try to have fun. That is all.
We are all doomed. So very, very doomed.

chiasaur11
2009-07-26, 12:26 AM
Guess I should get this out of the way:

An address to my team, the Fighting Mechanical Squirrels:

Attention, you sorry sacks of motherless goat cheese. You come to me, an entire team of babies, but I swear that I will knock the pacifiers out of each and every one of your tiny baby mouths. If anyone is sucking at any point, it will be me, dammit!

Now, some of you have heard rumors. Rumors of skilled players. Rumors of how almost all of the skilled players are on Zero's team. Rumors of how, in fact, he pretty much has the odds stacked absurdly in his favor. Well, let me tell you now, these rumors could not be more right.

But that's the thing. It doesn't matter how elite they are. All that matters is that we win. Which, given that they are elite, probably will be tricky. I still maintain that the actual skill level of their team...it doesnt...it...

Look, the important thing to keep in mind is, it's not about whether you win or lose. It's about whether I win or lose. Because if I fail, I will be humiliated for the rest of my life. I may never recover. I will be a weepy, sobbing, weepsome blob that accomplishes nothing, drinking only to refuel my bitter tears. My diet will consist of lint, salt to maintain the self-pugilistic sting of my crying, and pure, hot shame. I will curl into a broken ball, wither further over the course of many days, and finally die a lonely, wretched, unfulfilled death that will be unmourned by my allies and unhonored by my foes.

Anyway, just get out there and try to have fun. That is all.

SIR, MAY I RECOMMEND BILL MURRAY'S "IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER" SPEECH FROM MEATBALLS, SIR!

Rutskarn
2009-07-26, 12:27 AM
SIR, MAY I RECOMMEND BILL MURRAY'S "IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER" SPEECH FROM MEATBALLS, SIR!

Recommendation refused, dead man!

wojonatior
2009-07-26, 12:29 AM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Rutskarn
2009-07-26, 12:29 AM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

I admire your enthusiasm, dead man. Proceed.

Phase
2009-07-26, 12:30 AM
On the plus side, I hear shame is actually very delicious with just a hint of Rosemary....

wojonatior
2009-07-26, 12:31 AM
Especially when it is marinaited in our own blood.

chiasaur11
2009-07-26, 12:32 AM
Recommendation refused, dead man!

It somehow worked for camp North Star.

All I'm saying.

Crispy Dave
I will be able to play

Rutskarn
On the plus side, I hear shame is actually very delicious with just a hint of Rosemary....

You should write down that recipe. Put in a book. Sell the book to a publisher.

Give it the title, The New Better Joy Cookbook for Dead Men, By John P. Deadman.

wojonatior
2009-07-26, 12:35 AM
I think the name was actually, John B. Deadman

Rutskarn
2009-07-26, 12:36 AM
I think the name was actually, John B. Deadman

When I want the opinion of a dead man, I'll talk to a priest.

Dead man.

wojonatior
2009-07-26, 12:39 AM
Who needs priests! I am judge, jury and executioner!(I just went there.(and failed.))

chiasaur11
2009-07-26, 12:42 AM
Who needs priests! I am judge, jury and executioner!(I just went there.(and failed.))

I think Rutskarn is implying we'll need priests.

Last rites and all that.

Rutskarn
2009-07-26, 12:43 AM
I think Rutskarn is implying we'll need priests.

Last rites and all that.

Might help, might help. Just make sure he's from a liberal order.

Some of them are prejudiced against dead men.

chiasaur11
2009-07-26, 12:45 AM
Might help, might help. Just make sure he's from a liberal order.

Some of them are prejudiced against dead men.

Seems a mite unfair.

Majority of men died at some point or other. Heck, most religious orders founded by men who died at one time or other.

Jibar
2009-07-26, 01:17 AM
Also, in the (say) 10 minutes or so leading up to the match, stay on the GitP steam chat. We can discuss matters at length there.

There's a GitP Steam chat?

chiasaur11
2009-07-26, 01:20 AM
There's a GitP Steam chat?

Yes, but it's radioactive.

Hideki
2009-07-26, 01:21 AM
Yes, but it's radioactive.

That doesn't sound very safe.

EDIT: And on second thought, why is the chat even radiocactive in the first place?

chiasaur11
2009-07-26, 01:26 AM

EDIT: And on second thought, why is the chat even radiocactive in the first place?

I dunno. All I know is I was very glad I had a rad suit the time Phase, me, and the rest of the Chocolate Hammerers went there.

I was the last one left standing.

Rutskarn
2009-07-26, 01:27 AM

We don't like to talk about the accident.

If it's any consolation, dead men are surprisingly resistant to radioactivity.

The Bellmaker
2009-07-26, 01:59 AM
Well, my Steam name is [MFCP]Bellmaker. So, add away.

May or may not be there. it's starting to look iffy.

wojonatior
2009-07-26, 02:59 AM
We don't like to talk about the accident.

If it's any consolation, dead men are surprisingly resistant to radioactivity.

>.< (Harsh)

Phase
2009-07-26, 06:49 AM
I would love to say something here, but dead men are notoriously non-talkative.

wojonatior
2009-07-26, 07:20 AM
Obviously they aren't!

I might be a little late.

Penguinizer
2009-07-26, 07:31 AM
Hmm, if there are more slots, could someone add Penguinizer. I'd like to play a few more games with everyone from GiantITP.

Player_Zero
2009-07-26, 07:31 AM
I'll be camping out on the GitP steam chat all day. Not that I'll be very entertaining. Mostly just sitting here, maybe eating a cucumber sandwich by sitting by the tree, Mr. Willow.

Also, from what I've played with Linker, that is, that one game, he was fairly good and he's on your team.

Of course, if Lurker shows up and is on my team your whole team is baby.

Also also, I nominate the first map as dustbowl, then goldrush.

Faulty
2009-07-26, 07:54 AM
Ugh. Not Dustbowl. Choke point central. I say Badwater and Goldrush. Tie breaker could be a round of Turbine or something.

I've been trying to come up with cheesy sports team names for the times. I've come up with Ruskarn's Raiders and Player's 01110111011010010110111001101110011001010111001001 110011.

Player_Zero
2009-07-26, 07:57 AM
'Player's winners'? That isn't even alliteration! You'll be flogged for this.

And yeah, I meant Badwater. I think. All these maps and their names... Also, not Turbine. Or any map that promotes scouts. No scouts. I hate scouts avec la passion d'un millier de soleils.

Faulty
2009-07-26, 08:06 AM
The only things is this: if we're playing a map where RED and BLU have different roles, to be fair, we each have to play RED and BLU once. If we're doing two maps, that leaves a potential for a 2/2 tie. We'd need a map where what colour you're on is largely irrelevent, such as a ctf or 5 point cp map. I think Turbine is our best option for a tie breaker. Seriously. What else could we use... Granary?

I hate scouts avec la passion d'un millier de soleils.

I actually understood this. Haha.

Player_Zero
2009-07-26, 08:10 AM
I suggest Dustbowl, since I have just looked up which one it is. I don't think we'll tie anyway.

Though actually I don't even remember which maps are on the server...

wojonatior
2009-07-26, 09:03 AM
I think we should do one CP, One CTF, and one PL. Not necessarily in that order though.

Faulty
2009-07-26, 09:04 AM
I dunno. How long do you think this'll all take?

And Dustbowl is bleh. Really. It's consists largly of choke points.

TheLogman
2009-07-26, 09:06 AM
My life is not stable when it comes to long-term commitments, I may have to clean or something at 4, but I'm going to try my best to be here.

Just don't be surprised if I can't stay the whole time.

Also, that game last night was awesome. 7 minute holdout on the last stage of that Payload was great. I got a TON of Demo, Soldier, and Pyro kills.

Rutskarn
2009-07-26, 11:21 AM
Alright, day of. Who's ready? I'm ready! I'm not ready! We're not ready! We're all gonna die! AHHHHHH!

Kyouhen
2009-07-26, 11:24 AM
Alright, day of. Who's ready? I'm ready! I'm not ready! We're not ready! We're all gonna die! AHHHHHH!

My sentry's already up! :smallbiggrin:

AlterForm
2009-07-26, 11:26 AM
Alright chums, let's do this!

LEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEEENKIIIIIIIIIIIINS!!!

*Charges out the gate and gets popped by a crit rocket.*

(Wish I could make it; enjoy yourselves and I hope some of you pick up With Friends Like These.)

LurkerInPlayground
2009-07-26, 11:37 AM
Stab?

Stab.

Faulty
2009-07-26, 11:38 AM
Are we deciding classes ahead of time?

Rutskarn
2009-07-26, 11:39 AM
Nah. We'll just roll with it.

Also: about 2:30 hours until game time.

Jibar
2009-07-26, 11:49 AM

Snap out of it sir!
*crit slap*
Remember, we always have the... secret weapon.

Jahkaivah
2009-07-26, 11:50 AM
Snap out of it sir!
*crit slap*
Remember, we always have the... secret weapon.

We have two secret weapons.

Jibar
2009-07-26, 11:51 AM
We have two secret weapons.

Your fists don't count.

Jahkaivah
2009-07-26, 11:55 AM
Your fists don't count.

My fists aren't our secret weapons, if they were, you wouldn't have known about them :smalltongue:

Kyouhen
2009-07-26, 11:59 AM
Nah. We'll just roll with it.

Also: about 2:30 hours until game time.

2:30? As of this posting isn't it ~5:00 GMT? :smallconfused:

Jahkaivah
2009-07-26, 12:01 PM
2:30? As of this posting isn't it ~5:00 GMT? :smallconfused:

Yeah, not sure what Rutskarn's talking about, I believe it's about 4 hours from when I posted this.

Clearly this is some underhanded attempt by the other team to fool us into joining at the wrong time :smallfurious: though surely it would be more effective to get us to join after the match has finished, not before it has started :smallconfused:

Player_Zero
2009-07-26, 12:03 PM
Yeah, not sure what Rutskarn's talking about, I believe it's about 4 hours from when I posted this.

He must be high on enthusiasm.

Rutskarn
2009-07-26, 12:16 PM
He must be high on enthusiasm.

Yeah, I imagine that.

Or I was testing your MINDS.

Or I was trying to shake you up.

Or I had just gotten up, and wasn't in a math mood.

wojonatior
2009-07-26, 12:20 PM
Yes.... The secret weapon (secretness)

Player_Zero
2009-07-26, 12:24 PM
My secret weapon is being good at the game.

Faulty
2009-07-26, 12:36 PM
2:20 til game time.

Nano
2009-07-26, 12:43 PM
My secret weapon is being good at the game.

I didn't think that was any secret.

Edit: So, uhh. How do I, y'know, get into the GitP chat?

Faulty
2009-07-26, 12:46 PM
Could someone invite me to the GitP group? And the TwentySided group for that matter, I can;t join for some reason.

NeoVid
2009-07-26, 01:09 PM
Huh... why has no one actually listed this as an event on the group's Steam page?

Oh, and check your friend invites before going into game, everyone.

Fawkes
2009-07-26, 01:14 PM
I'll be there with bells on.

LesterLester
2009-07-26, 01:17 PM
Huh, TF2?

I can haz participate?

13_CBS
2009-07-26, 01:56 PM
As a spy infiltrated into Rutskarn's team, I will unveil to you THE SCERET WEPON

Homo Ferri Brutus (http://www.halolz.com/2009/07/02/shadow-of-the-heavy/)

Jahkaivah
2009-07-26, 02:49 PM
So for anyone confused this thing is starting in 10 minutes, if your a part of it get your ass on!

Unless of course your on Rutskarn's team in which I recommend you continue looking at butterflies for the next hour or so.

onasuma
2009-07-26, 02:52 PM
So for anyone confused this thing is starting in 10 minutes, if your a part of it get your ass on!

Unless of course your on Rutskarn's team in which I recommend you continue looking at butterflies for the next hour or so.

Thanks for that. I still wasnt sure if it was now or in an hour.

EDIT: Two thorghts I feel I must post:

1) Screw whoever stole my place on the first map change

2) screw 533 ping

Needless to say, I wont be rejoining.

13_CBS
2009-07-26, 03:32 PM
AAARGH! :furious:

A Sunday evening of fun and camaraderie ruined by f*cking LAG. :furious:

I give up. Not touching TF2 ever again. :smallmad:

Faulty
2009-07-26, 04:20 PM
Player Zero's team FTW!

Player_Zero
2009-07-26, 04:22 PM
First game was a clean sheet 8:0 to us. Second was Steel so it doesn't matter, but that was 4:3 to us.

Ziren
2009-07-26, 04:28 PM
Well, I was lagging a lot =/
This isn't unusual, but most of the times manageable, but this time it got really bad, when there was a big firefight on the screen I couldn't do much more than estimate were the other guys would be at the time when I fired at them (also the reason why I sniped that one guy when he was behind cover - the headshot was legit, it just took the game almost two seconds to actually register it).

LesterLester
2009-07-26, 04:28 PM
Great match!

I almost feel pity for the poor engi at e who had to endure the continous attacks of his building with syringes and arrows...while being taunted from the other side of the hall...whoever it was, poor fella!

Hideki
2009-07-26, 04:29 PM
If we had more time to prepare the secret weapon we would have won :p

chiasaur11
2009-07-26, 04:32 PM
I should have joined the Red team, and sabotaged them from the inside.

Faulty
2009-07-26, 04:33 PM
I should have joined the Red team, and sabotaged them from the inside.

We're too badass for that shiz.

Rutskarn
2009-07-26, 04:34 PM
I still say we won, because of that incredibly classy victory on Steel. Letting the other team get all of the control points except E, then putting them down like dogs for 14 minutes FTW.

Faulty
2009-07-26, 04:37 PM
We spent a long time holding E and D from you.

Rutskarn
2009-07-26, 04:39 PM
We spent a long time holding E and D from you.

Yeah. You held them from us.

If you'd let us take D--and C, and B, and A--you'd have a point.

Jibar
2009-07-26, 04:39 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Jibar/WATCHING.png

Always...

Player_Zero
2009-07-26, 04:40 PM
You do realise game points are based on the number of capture points taken, right?

Ziren
2009-07-26, 04:42 PM
You do realise game points are based on the number of capture points taken, right?

That just means you won set and match. We still got the game :smallwink:

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-07-26, 04:46 PM
I still say we won, because of that incredibly classy victory on Steel. Letting the other team get all of the control points except E, then putting them down like dogs for 14 minutes FTW.

Putting us down like dogs? I wouldn't go that far. Giving us an impassible resistance I'll grant, but it was a blender on both sides. :smallbiggrin:

Also, note to self...get better fast. Most of that was a massacre for me. :smallfrown:

Jibar
2009-07-26, 04:50 PM
Oh yeah, no idea what thread to post this in now but the notion of prizes was discussed in the chat.
A serious (though silly) endeavour or merely a flight of fancy?

Volug
2009-07-26, 04:50 PM
Oh yeah, no idea what thread to post this in now but the notion of prizes was discussed in the chat.
A serious (though silly) endeavour or merely a flight of fancy?

A life time supply of ice cream.

Rutskarn
2009-07-26, 05:04 PM

You do realize we couldn't possibly care any less, right?

Player_Zero
2009-07-26, 05:06 PM
No, I didn't. Afterall, people like winning.

chiasaur11
2009-07-26, 05:09 PM

Well, it just doesn't matter.

Also, I quit while I was still alive. Better than I expected to do.

Rutskarn
2009-07-26, 05:14 PM

We did win. Just not by their very, very stupid definition of victory, with its disregard for style and grace.

Volug
2009-07-26, 05:19 PM
style and grace.
A very turtle-ish style and grace I might add.

Rutskarn
2009-07-26, 05:21 PM
A very turtle-ish style and grace I might add.

I don't see how that's relevant. Anything can be stylish, as long as it is done with style.

LurkerInPlayground
2009-07-26, 05:45 PM
Rutskarn is being a sore Rupert.

TheLogman
2009-07-26, 05:56 PM
My favorite part was the part where Rutskarn stopped moving.

Because he was dead.

And his bits were all over the cart.

I do like playing Defensive Demoman.

Kyouhen
2009-07-26, 06:10 PM
Great match!

I almost feel pity for the poor engi at e who had to endure the continous attacks of his building with syringes and arrows...while being taunted from the other side of the hall...whoever it was, poor fella!

You! So it was you! Remind me to track you down and kill you. :smallannoyed:

Rutskarn
2009-07-26, 06:15 PM
My favorite part was the part where Rutskarn stopped moving.

Because he was dead.

And his bits were all over the cart.

You're gonna have to be more specific.

Nano
2009-07-26, 06:20 PM
Really, now, those could have been anyone's bits.

Jagos
2009-07-26, 06:23 PM
AAARGH! :furious:

A Sunday evening of fun and camaraderie ruined by f*cking LAG. :furious:

I give up. Not touching TF2 ever again. :smallmad:

Go Pyro. It's how I cope. ;)

Hideki
2009-07-26, 06:36 PM
Guys, it doesn't matter who won or lost.
As long as you did it with style. :smallcool:

Faulty
2009-07-26, 07:09 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Jibar/WATCHING.png

Always...

What is wrong with you people? :smalleek:

Rutskarn
2009-07-27, 01:44 AM

This.

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9573/letsmakethiseasy.jpg

Faulty
2009-07-27, 02:06 AM
Satan has a special place in Hell for you.

Rutskarn
2009-07-27, 02:32 AM
Satan has a special place in Hell for you.

-_^i'll claw your eyes open like rotted grapes

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-07-27, 01:42 PM

See, this was (for me) one of the more sensible ones. I could tell that people were messing with you.

What got me was the one of the anime girl with the tuna stuck in her cleavage and the word Tuna in the upper right corner. I have no idea what the logic behind that one was.

Anyone have an explanation? I really was curious.

Rutskarn
2009-07-27, 01:59 PM
See, this was (for me) one of the more sensible ones. I could tell that people were messing with you.

What got me was the one of the anime girl with the tuna stuck in her cleavage and the word Tuna in the upper right corner. I have no idea what the logic behind that one was.

Anyone have an explanation? I really was curious.

Actually, that one's Faulty's.

The Linker
2009-07-27, 02:15 PM

Actually, that one's Faulty's.

What? No. That's not logic. That's the opposite of logic.

Fawkes
2009-07-27, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I was curious as to what the story behind that one was too.