PDA

View Full Version : Just got a Wii!

Linkavitch
2009-07-18, 12:06 PM
So, ten days ago, I was made one of the happiest teenagers in the area where I live. (What, you think I'm actually going to tell you?:smallwink:) I bought Mario Kart Wii, a classic controller, a cheapo brand Gamecube controller(which actually works better than I expected it to) and 2000 Nintendo points. I almost immediately downloaded Paper Mario and Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time. Next month I am planning on buying another points card, so I would appreciate VC or Wiiware recommendations. I'm not buying any more games (on disk) for a bit, to give me a chance to replenish my slightly depleted bank account.:smallsmile: But, when I do, I'll probably buy SMGalaxy, Metroid Prime Trilogy, GHIII, or maybe LOZ:TP. Discuss.

Llama231
2009-07-18, 12:31 PM
Do you have Brawl? GET BRAWL.

Mando Knight
2009-07-18, 01:39 PM
And Twilight Princess, and Galaxy, and MP Trilogy...

...and everything that Nintendo has put out so far for the Wii. 75% are brilliant.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-07-18, 01:41 PM
I recommend getting Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Paper Mario

Then you would have gotten the only games worth getting for the Wii. :smalltongue:

But seriously, the small amount of good games actually pretty sad. The game makers don't even seem to care anymore. :smallfrown:

I mean, the Wii has proven to be able to support good games, where the graphical downgrade isn't so bad and the controls aren't totally annoying, but the makers of the games don't seem to be working hard enough to compensate for these shortcomings anymore. I'm rather disappointed in Nintendo.

Although it seems that, with E3 2009, Nintendo might actually start making good games again. We can only hope...

Mando Knight
2009-07-18, 02:41 PM
Then you would have gotten the only games worth getting for the Wii. :smalltongue:

Metroid Prime Trilogy. The games are worth the US $50 individually, but this gives them all to you on one disk. With Prime 3's superb controls.

Twilight Princess is the best somewhat-hastily-done-port-with-motion-controls on the Wii. And in a year or two, Nintendo's going to release the first Zelda designed for the Wii from the ground up.

And then there's Metriod: The Other M, which is being produced in conjunction with Team Ninja...

Oregano
2009-07-18, 03:19 PM
On the Wiiware: Lost Winds, World of Goo, Swords and Soldiers, Megaman IX(but it's brutal).

I'd suggest checking out Square Enix's FF releases as well but watch out for the DLC. The price really mounts up, I'd really recommend just getting what interests you.

Mando Knight
2009-07-18, 03:32 PM
I'd suggest checking out Square Enix's FF releases as well but watch out for the DLC. The price really mounts up, I'd really recommend just getting what interests you.

Yeah... Final Fantasy IV: The After Years costs 800 or 900 points for the initial download (IIRC), but then each chapter costs another 600-900 points. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life As A King has a ridiculous amount of DLC that costs like an extra 2000 or so points to download it all...

Dixieboy
2009-07-18, 03:34 PM
World of Goo.
Best game on the wii.
Simple as that.

It's also on the PC
On which it is superior. (Mouse F-T-W)

But the wii version isn't bad.

Oregano
2009-07-18, 03:37 PM
Yeah... Final Fantasy IV: The After Years costs 800 or 900 points for the initial download (IIRC), but then each chapter costs another 600-900 points. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life As A King has a ridiculous amount of DLC that costs like an extra 2000 or so points to download it all...

My Life as a Darklord costs a total of 6700 points if you buy everything.... but you can avoid all of that.

TAY's DLC is only 300 points IIRC except the final chapter but you can skips the chapters you want to. Just go for the characters you like or whatever.

Castaras
2009-07-18, 03:59 PM
Get the Wiifit. :smallwink:

Shades of Gray
2009-07-18, 04:01 PM
From what I've heard of a certain red-hatted individual, Okami is brilliant.

Linkavitch
2009-07-18, 04:56 PM
And then there's Metriod: The Other M, which is being produced in conjunction with Team Ninja...

Let's not start that discussion again!:smalltongue:

Thane of Fife
2009-07-18, 05:07 PM
While I cannot personally recommend either (never played them), Super Metroid and Sin and Punishment are both games which I have seen well-reviewed. Majora's Mask is an excellent game, though different from other Zeldas.

As for actual Wii games, first let me second the other recommendations here (except maybe Super Paper Mario). I've also quite enjoyed Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, and Tomb Raider: Underground, though the latter got fairly poor reviews (which I completely disagree with).

The Dark Fiddler
2009-07-18, 05:48 PM
I haven't a clue about the Virtual Console games, but when you get disk games, get Rayman Raving Rabbids... if you like minigame games with odd/semi-toilet humor. I have it, and its much better than any other minigame games I've had.

Volug
2009-07-18, 11:43 PM
From what I've heard of a certain red-hatted individual, Okami is brilliant.

Yes, yes...

Buy it, it needs the love it deserves.

Dairun Cates
2009-07-19, 03:10 AM
Do you have Brawl? GET BRAWL.

Be sure to play it like a man.

Yrcrazypa
2009-07-19, 04:23 AM
Madworld is an excellent game, make sure to get that one too.

banthesun
2009-07-19, 05:04 AM
Adding my vote to World of Goo! That game is brilliant.

I heard they stopped making Okami for the Wii, I can't find it anywhere.

Triaxx
2009-07-19, 06:30 AM
RE:4 Wii. Bully Wii. If you haven't played them before, you owe it to yourself to play them. Even if you have, you still deserve to play it.

Athaniar
2009-07-19, 06:55 AM
Speaking of Wii, a game I've seen praised is Swords & Soldiers (Wiiware 2D Side-Scrolling RTS). Worth buying? It looks fun.