14|+8/+3|+4|+5|+9|Alter Sheet 7/Day|5|5|4|4|3|3
15|+9/+4|+5|+6|+9|Fudge Roll 5/Day|5|5|5|4|4|3
16|+10/+5|+5|+6|+10|Alter Sheet 8/Day|6|5|5|4|4|3
17|+10/+5|+5|+6|+10||6|5|5|5|4|4
18|+11/+6/+1|+6|+7|+11|Alter Sheet 9/Day|6|6|5|5|4|4
19|+11/+6/+1|+6|+7|+11|Fudge Roll 6/Day|6|6|5|5|5|4
20|+12/+7/+2|+6|+7|+12|Alter Sheet 10/Day|6|6|6|5|5|4[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
A Red Mage is proficient with all simple weapons, plus the longsword, rapier, sap, short sword, shortbow, and whip, and any non-core weapon Bards are proficient with, but not with any type of armor or shield. However, Light and Medium armor do not interfere with somatic components of a Red Mage's spells.

Spellcasting
The Red Mage can cast spells from any class's spell list. A Red Mage casts spontaneously, as a sorcerer, and cannot use metamagic. Spells count as arcane even when drawn from a divine caster class spell list. Material Components and Arcane Foci costing less than 1gp and Divine Foci are not required for a Red Mage's spells.

Acquiring Spells
Red Mages are not required to maintain a spellbook. A Red Mage gains two known spells from the Sorcerer/Wizard list or the Bard list upon gaining. A Red Mage may make a spellcraft check, DC 20 + Spell Level to learn any spell he does not know that he witnesses in use within one day of seeing it used, or can learn a spell as a Wizard does from a spellbook or scroll. A Red Mage may also add a spell known from the Sorcerer/Wizard, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Paladin, or Ranger spell lists via a number of Alter Sheet uses (see below) equal to half the spell level, minimum 1. Before fifth level, this may not be done until immediately before he intends to cast the spell.

Alter sheet (Su)
At first level, the Red Mage gains the ability to alter his character sheet. A single alteration includes reducing any one skill by a certain number and increasing another skill (a number of skill points equal to the Red Mage character level may be held in reserve instead of immediately added to another skill). For more complex actions, multiple Alter Sheet uses can be spent, each additional one doubles the number of skills that may be affected. Two uses may be spent to swap two ability scores.

The Red Mage must not have benefited from any of the scores he is reducing in the past ten minutes. An alteration that increases a score must be made either immediately before making a check involving at least one of the scores being increased, or while devising a plan expected to call for the use of that score.

To alter his class levels, the Red Mage must expend all of his uses of Alter Sheet and rest for a full day per level altered. He can alter one class level per two Alter Sheet uses he has at the beginning of the process, and may not end up with a Red Mage class level below fourth, or with any single class above his Red Mage level that was not above it before. This ability generally requires the use of a detailed character sheet capable of tracking which skills and feats were bought at which levels.

Fudge Roll (Ex)
At second level, the Red Mage gains the ability to fudge dice rolls. A number of dice whose total number of faces is no more than twenty can be ignored and an arbitrary number chosen by the playerre-rolled taking the best result. A percentile roll counts as having twenty faces for the purpose of this ability. Multiple uses may be spent at once to affect more dice; each use adds twenty to the number of faces of dice that can be affected. If it is not applied to the total number of faces, it expires at the end of the round in combat, at the end of a ten-minute period outside of combat.

This must be a roll made by the player. Checks made by the DM are not eligible for this ability even if they are for the Red Mage character.

Plan (Su)
From third level, any plan that the Red Mage explains in detail is guaranteed to have some degree of success. The details are left up to the DM.

Improved Alter Sheet
The restriction that increases must precede a use of at least one score being increased is removed at fifth level, and the restriction that a score being decreased must not have been benefited from in the past ten minutes is relaxed to one round.

Special Note:
The Red Mage knows at some level that his powers should not work. A Red Mage with a high wisdom score is limited in using his reality-breaking abilities.

{table]Wis|AS Cap|FR Cap|Special
9|9|5|
10|8|5|
11|7|4|Cannot expend more than two Alter Sheet uses at a time
12|6|4|
13|5|3|Improved Alter Sheet no longer functions
14|4|3|
15|3|2|Cannot expend more than one Alter Sheet use at a time
16|2|2|
17|1|1|Plan no longer functions
18|1|1|[/table]

The Epic Red Mage
There is no progression of any kind in the Red Mage's special abilities beyond 20th level. The spell progression continues until each spell level has seven spells per day.

{table]Level|1|2|3|4|5|6
21|6|6|6|5|5|5
22|7|6|6|6|5|5
23|7|6|6|6|5|5
24|7|7|6|6|6|5
25|7|7|6|6|6|5
26|7|7|7|6|6|6
27|7|7|7|6|6|6
28|7|7|7|7|6|6
29|7|7|7|7|6|6
30|7|7|7|7|7|6
31|7|7|7|7|7|6
32|7|7|7|7|7|7[/table]

Vaynor
2009-07-18, 06:36 PM
I realize this is supposed to be a joke class, but it is still the most broken class I have ever seen.

If I'm a level 8 Red Mage, I can sit at home, and in 5 days I'm level 22. Without doing anything.

I can also just decide to kill anything, basically, because everything I think works will work. Even if it makes no sense, as long as I explain it in detail.

Also, your BAB is invalid. You seem to be using a 5/8ths BAB.

Flickerdart
2009-07-18, 06:36 PM
I suggest you move plan to, say, 17th level, and make it something like:

Plan (Su): Once per day, a Red Mage of 17th level or higher may spend 1d6 hours formulating a complex plan and then make a DC25 INT check. If the check is successful, the Red Mage must summarize the plan in one short sentence, and is treated as if having cast Wish to "make the above plan succeed."

Gives mechanical foundation, and plenty of evil DM fun.

Random832
2009-07-18, 06:39 PM
If I'm a level 8 Red Mage, I can sit at home, and in 5 days I'm level 22. Without doing anything.

How? You can only swap class levels, not add them.

The Plan ability seems a bit overpowered, but there's a lot of DM discretion, and it does have to be a plan that can work.

Owrtho
2009-07-18, 06:42 PM
I can't help but think of 8-bit theater reading this. Also, it seems rather overpowered. Especially the fudge roll ability. If the player just gets to choose the number they rolled they most likely will choose the highest number they can. There needs to be some kind of limit. Either it should just let them re-roll (possibly taking the highest roll), or be something like a point pool each day for which they can increase their roll by 1 for each point spent to a max of the highest number for that roll (and that still might be overpowered but it would be less so than it is now). Altered sheet is sort of hard to understand as well (and seems easily broken). As it is though I'll leave it to someone with more experience to give advice.

Edit: And just got ninja'd by a number of people...

Owrtho

Random832
2009-07-18, 06:43 PM
The limit rolls per day that can be affected by Fudge Roll isn't enough?

Vaynor
2009-07-18, 06:57 PM
How? You can only swap class levels, not add them.

The Plan ability seems a bit overpowered, but there's a lot of DM discretion, and it does have to be a plan that can work.

That's not what the ability says though, it says alter, I assumed that included adding levels (because that would be an alteration of your class levels). Make it a little more clear, then, I guess. Regardless, being able to change your class at will is overpowered still.

Random832
2009-07-18, 07:02 PM
That's not what the ability says though, it says alter, I assumed that included adding levels (because that would be an alteration of your class levels). Make it a little more clear, then, I guess. Regardless, being able to change your class at will is overpowered still.

The rest requirement was intended to make it impossible to do in the middle of an adventure. I might also add a times per year limit.

By "alter class levels" I meant change what class you took at a given character level, that's all.

mikeejimbo
2009-07-18, 07:13 PM
I can't help but think of 8-bit theater reading this.

I assume that was the point.

Random832
2009-07-20, 07:56 PM
I had an idea - replace the entire "alter sheet" progression with a single class feature "Schrodinger's Sheet" - does not have e.g. place new ranks in skills upon leveling up until after the first roll for the skill in question with the new level. Once per level per skill.

mr.fizzypop
2009-07-20, 10:39 PM
I can't help but think of 8-bit theater reading this. Also, it seems rather overpowered. Especially the fudge roll ability. If the player just gets to choose the number they rolled they most likely will choose the highest number they can. There needs to be some kind of limit. Either it should just let them re-roll (possibly taking the highest roll), or be something like a point pool each day for which they can increase their roll by 1 for each point spent to a max of the highest number for that roll (and that still might be overpowered but it would be less so than it is now). Altered sheet is sort of hard to understand as well (and seems easily broken). As it is though I'll leave it to someone with more experience to give advice.

Edit: And just got ninja'd by a number of people...

Owrtho

The guy who makes 8-bit had made a Red Mage prestige class. It was in one of the old "twink'n out" collums. But since the site changed, I can't get a link.

The Tygre
2009-07-20, 10:43 PM
It's been done. (http://dicefreaks.forumz.cc/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=606)